Adv. League 07-08 Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 8, 2007.

1. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ha! The Rattler is back and better than ever! He can take this category for me by himself. Josh Smith would try and block his own mum if you gave him a chance. Unfortunately for him, he is grounded this week. Let's just have a look at the other cats shall we?

Steals- Thankfully for you my steals machine Artest is out for the first 7 games otherwise you might not recover mentally from the beating thats about to happen in that category.
    3's- Fuhgeddaboudddit!!
    Points- Do any of your guys even average over 13 a game?
    Rebounds- True blue Australian Warrior Bogut will get you some, but not enough to carry those other darko-ites who run away at any sign of contact.
    Assists- Hmm... West, Law and (Not so) Mighty Mouse versus Billups, Felton and Marbury. I DON'T THINK SO!
    The other ray-ray (Felton) is going to go off this year. See how many weapons he has got? He's gonna average 10 assists this year.

The other categories won't matter because my main man Matrix is the revolution and he is reloaded and ready to be a 9 cat freak! Battier is the reduced fat (and skill) version of the Matrix or maybe i'll just call him the binary man. His lines look like this: 1-1-1-1-1-1

Also I hate to tell you that you have the all-time injury squad on your hands. Sure, they might last one week to feign giving my team some trouble, but come the playoffs they'll be resting their knee meniscus' on the sidelines and icing their icepack hands in the hopes of one more application.

Oh yeah... Good luck! :gun1::pound:

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

i feel like i've lost already...:yield:

3. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i feel bad for you motown, knowing you're going to be starting the season in a 9-0 hole. but cheer up, you won't be the only one this season.

4. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

I have to say at the very least that Duncan is getting me off to a good start...He's suffering at the line, but my guards will bring that up this week. Excelsior!

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Let the smack talk begin:stirthepot:

Yeah I had him on one of my teams last year...with that being said, I will condede day one to you if Davis and McGrady have subpar games tonight, but I should still win the week as you only have Duncan with two more games this week and the rest of your squad looks ripe for the taking:MusicBigGrin:

6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i feel bad for motown - JO is supposed to sit the opener, foye is out for who-knows-how-long, and odom is sitting tonight (why??). meanwhile boozer posts a 32/15, and pietrus plays 30 mins for golden state, and hopefully he stays in favor with don nelson during the year.

i think i'm going to be horribly weak in assists, blocks, and steals though.

this is going to be a very interesting year with 16 teams and 10 starters per team. one or two big performances could sway the entire weak.

7. webz

yep. motown is in trouble. and now he is trading one injury-troubled big man for another (dalembert) and the girl-talker. has someone hacked into his yahoo account??

on a sidenote, it looks like jammer and himat are battling each other with guys still on their bench. hey fellas! there are no negative points in fantasy bball, no matter how much steve francis or derek fisher may stink

8. LA Dre

Yeah Jammer, Fisher had a nice game tonight and you left him on the bench???:confused:

9. LA Dre

Got to say that Deron Williams looks good enough to lead the Jazz to the WCF again, so he may be your ace in the hole fantasy wise, Low...

He and Boozer could become more prolific than Stockton ans Malone...

10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Louis Scola, whom I drafte ahead of players like Jarett Jack, Al Horford or Chris Mihm ( :sssh: ) played 8 mins, grabing 3 boards and turning it over once.
    Is it too early to call him a bust?

11. Slippy

in the opening salvos of the webz-slippy matchup, webz shoots a dismal .308...which is more than enough to eclipse slippy's .286.

I would call Frye a binary man but he did manage to toss in a 2 amongst all those 0's.:stirthepot: It's a less than stellar performance from my guys but they did what they were designed to do...drop numbers into just about every cat. let's hit some shots guys!:director:

12. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I adjusted my lineup for Tuesday a few days ago, but I guess I must have forgotten to hit submit. Oh well, at least it happened on the first day of the season instead of in the Championship (which I'll be in).

13. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Steve Francis didn't play. Hopefully that changes soon. Kobe scored 45 for me, his fg% sucked though.

14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I don't need your pity. Save it for yourself after this week. You guys still have alot to learn and I'm here to teach it to you. lol.

15. webz

the season isn't won on the first night, but i'll let you enjoy this brief moment of glory. i know you're just trying to butter me up for a trade for frye anyway. in 9 minutes he is still better than half your squad. too bad you don't get fantasy points for hitting game winners.

16. Pwn Toney

Yeah, I was hoping to wrangle Boozer as well. But, lost out on that one. I would have settled for one of the big 3 in BOS, but got beat to those as well. I'm actually thrilled that Howard got signed in DAL. I picked him up thinking he'd end up in CLE, but DAL is great considering Dampier is out.

You are right though, I needed a nice night from Duncan & Williams PLUS and near triple double from AK47 just to beat out your two guys, but I'm thinking my squad will hold me down as long as Davis is inconsistent or McGrady pulls a disappearing act.

I'm comin for ya baby! (© Benny (Total Recall))

17. LA Dre

Withe Stephen Jackson suspended for the first 7 games, I just hope that Nelly doesn't burn out Davis in the first week of the season. :yellowprison: He played him the whole first quater and then 8 mins into the second before giving him a blow:dizzy2:

18. Slippy

...at racking up the GooseEggs! Anyway, if this is glory...I'm in for a LOOOOOONG season. 2-10 sheesh.

19. Pwn Toney

Davis has a habit of breaking down and need a break at some point in the season to heal up...one can only hope....But, then again, it's not going to do me any good to hope because that ain't gonna happen during the first week.

20. Pwn Toney

I think my lack of games played in week one is going to be my undoing.