1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Adv. League 07-08 Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 8, 2007.

1. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Your wife?

2. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I dropped Salmons. I regretted it slightly afterwards but I was still wanting to give some other guys who I drafted a chance, and I needed to pick up Gibson asap.

Enjoy him for a little while because Artest is back in a few games and he will probably go back to the bench.

The Kings truly suck right now.

3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Bargnani is getting the boards, but Jammer has a lot more rebounds than me already. On the other hand Bargnani is missing everything and I have a shot at winning the FG% category.

4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Low this one is going to come down to Steals and Three pointers as I have four of the categories locked up and since I only have one 3 point guy playing tonight, you have four, I might as well concede a 4-5 loss to you now Guess I need to find me someone who can shoot threes and also block shots....

Good playin with you this week, if we don't get you tonight, we will surely will take you down in week 16!!

5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I have some players who can do that. David Harrison is averaging a very high amount of blocks per game, and Peja is always a three point threat. I have some other guys who can help you there too. Hit me up with a trade if you see something I like. I really need a rebounder.

6. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Let me review my squad for a couple of more days and I may take you up on that...

7. jammertime

I'm in the market for a PG who actually gets assists. If anyone has a spare one lying around that they aren't using, I'd be interested.

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i just dropped smush parker jammer, feel free to snag him before someone else does!! haha

9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Bud light presents...Real Men of Genius. Real Men of Genius. Today we salute you Mr. Bottom Dwelling Fantasy Basketball GM. Mr. Bottom Dwelling Fantasy Basketball GM. Only you could believe that your 4 rookies could outperform 5 potential all-stars. It's all about the hype now. No points, no rebounds, no steals; all that in just 5 minutes of playing time. One for the books yeah. Lucky for you, you got 4 guys who do that every week. At least he's not injured. When our key player sucks we could ask ourselves..."Do we really know what we're doing?" But thanks to your team, we don't have to. Yeah Thanks a million. So crack open an ice cold Bud light oh Lion of the Line-ups because when your team matches up with one of us, we can finally gain some ground... by stepping on you. Mr. Bottom Dwelling Fantasy GM.

10. jammertime

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
    INSTANT CLASSIC!!!

I was singing the song in my head along with your entire post!

11. max

max All-Star

Tater wins 6-3. Comparing numbers out stats really sucked and we were lucky to have played each other.

With my team. Bibby is out for 8 weeks. Jackson suspended for the 1st 8 games. Stoudemire's knee acked up and he only played sparsly for 1 game. Ray Allen only played 2 games. Raja Bell is off to a shooting slump to start the season.

12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Max,

Is this sort of like Harry Truman holding up the paper that Stevenson won? :pound:

You won 5-4. Nice comeback, although we both did play pretty bad. You're right. If we had played someone else we would have been bombed...which will likely be my fate most weeks. My mid to late round picks/gambles were poor ones...so I'll be paying the price in a 16 team league with slim pickings on the wire. I'll have to pull a Houdini just to make the playoffs (not betting on it at this point).

You got me when Patterson grabbed 6 steals. My bench just didn't play enough minutes (my own fault for choosing poorly and taking risks).

Horrible week for me all around in fantasy. My hockey team was worse than my basketball team. My football team played well. Well enough to beat every team but one...the one I played. :yellowprison:

13. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

LMAO Sloopy. :pound:

14. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Nice job Warthog. Can't believe that Josh Childress was my downfall. Nicely played. Quentin Richardson ought to be ashamed of himself. lol.

15. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yeah i'm not happy with childress's overall play, but the 2 steals and blocks kept me just above you in those categories...and kevin martin's 15-for-15 from the FT line saturday did the same for my FT%

but i really like the trade you pulled off and it's going to be very difficult to play your team every week

16. max

max All-Star

I can't believe I won that. Thought I was looking at the wrong league at 1st.

I would not take too much out of that short week. Not everyone played the same.

17. Slippy

I'm not a big battier fan but he rates decently high on peoples draft cards...the way he battled #13 round pick Hayes to a stalemate is impressive.

Winless....I'm out to change your name! :gun1:

18. max

max All-Star

Who wants to trade? Everyone is on the block for quality offers except for Ray Allen.

This weeks special is Rafer Alston.

19. Slippy

I'm feeling good about my WW work. Yi's been strong for me giving me some reb, stls, blks, and a nice fg%. The secret is the motivational fortune cookie I fed ex him before every game. he is apparently a big fan.

Mccants was a nice pickup then he tweaked an ankle but looks to be on his way back.

Bass is giving me something like 11.5 pts and 9 rebs with 1 block and decent fg%.

Learning about my team was a costly 7 cats but we've trimmed a little fat and will come in next week all that leaner.

20. max

max All-Star

I still like my team but all the injuries have been ridiculas. Almost laughable. Now Raja Bell is down.