Adv. League 07-08 Banter

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 8, 2007.

1. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

And I was about ask a possible trade for him since you were putting everybody up for sale but Allen:)
  2. max

max All-Star

Ankel sprain.

I am open to some changes , not to attract all the sharks smelling blood in the water. If I see a good deal then I will take it.
  3. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Unless someone on my team gets really hot I think I am going to lose this week.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Unless everyone on my team gets really hot I think I am going to lose every week. :MusicBigGrin:
  5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I desperately need someone to give me rebs and maybe blks- is there anyone who needs help in the scoring or assits department?
  6. max

max All-Star

I put together a trade offer. Its a big one.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have plenty of scoring, assists snd rebounds but coming up short in steals and blocks. Two prolific scorers in T-mac and Baron davis, but they shoot too much...so I have sweat it out in FG%...maybe willing to part with one one of them for a couple of players who can provide some defense...
  8. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Coming up short once again as my opponents final day performance goes into clutch mode. Haslem and Lee combine for 30 rebounds. Against a 20 rebound deficit, I get to toss fringe guys like Swift and Delonte West. I could hope and Bogut and Jianlian snags some caroms but my team doesn't do that.
  9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

luckily, my lead in Assists and steals was comfortable enough, to let Chris Paul and Kevin Durant (who ruins my FG% with reckless abandon) sit out their final games- I wouldn't have won in the TO category with them playing.
    Unfortunately, I did play Desmond Mason who, along with Louis Scola (whom I still expect to break out and deliver!!! Louis, I'm waiting!!!) ruined my FG%, which was pretty close- after a poor performance by Ricky Davis and Gilbert Arenas, I gained hope that I could win in that category, but than Ilgauskas delivered once more, shooting 11 for 18- I doubt he'll stay as dominant as he currently is an entire season.
    So, I realized where my teams weaknesses are, but it seems like every other team has the same weaknesses as I do and no one needs scorers but everyone needs rebounders and shotblockers, what makes them pretty worthy.
    And, as Slippy wrote in another thread, the trade talk is kinda like "I'll trade you two scrubs for your bonafide superstar" or "I'll trade you my round 7 pick for your round 3 pick" but I tend to do that too, since it would be too nice to acquire someone that way :MusicBigGrin:
  10. Darth Tater

Once I see one of those, I refuse to trade with those clowns. It ticks me off when they try to take advantage of others.

People know who you are. We don't call you savvy GM's. We call you rapists and rip offs and other things I can't really write here.

The best trade is the one that is made with the intent to help BOTH teams.

I just love getting trades where it's my guy for your two guys and even if I did want your two guys you offered I would pick them up off of the waiver wire for free next week after you dumped them.

You don't need to rip off others to win a championship. In fact, if you trade fairly, it helps you win championships because people will deal with you. The trade may end up being lopsided due to circumstances, but at least make it fair when you do it. Nobody wants to pay for your trash and it offends them when you ask!!!!!

It also makes me mad because I always worry I will inadvertantly hit the wrong button and then have to clear it up with the league.

Oh, and the talk doesn't stay within the league. So if you want that rep, knock yourself out. But don't bother me with it. Generally, if I don't respond to your trade offer with a comment...it's because I couldn't think of a civil one.

Thank you...I'm done ranting...for now.

:rant2:
  11. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hey Darth, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel. :pound:
  12. jammertime

P.S. I thought that my offer of Blount and Nelson for Nash was more than fair.
  13. Darth Tater

I told you...I declined by accident. Please give me another chance. Send it again. Best offer I've had this month. I'll be waiting.
  14. jammertime

A deal like that only comes along once in a life time. You snooze, you lose.
  15. Slippy

Sometimes you gotta realize that its a starting point in negotiations. People are going to bid low for your guys. A few trade offers i got, i did look to see if i could make a counter offer. Some others...well its great for a laugh i suppose.
  16. Darth Tater

OK...I'll remember that the next time you contact me talking about:gaah::bs::mad2: when somebody sends you your next funny offer.
  17. Slippy

you mean like Mr. out for the season and Mr. 3rd packup C for Pau Gasol? Thanks man, your always there for me. kicking me. and throwing empty beer cans.
  18. Darth Tater

You want me to throw full ones instead? That would hurt. Plus why waste it?
  19. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Blount and Nelson for Nash?

He did you a favor by yanking that one back. lol.

If you are looking to deal Nash, I'll send you something Tater....
  20. Darth Tater

Really? That's not a GREAT deal for me?

Wow, and here I was kicking myself for picking Nash in the first round when I could have grabbed Nelson number one and Blount in the next round.

I dun get this fantasy stuff.:nerd2: