Adv. League Recap: NYE Edition

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Dec 31, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Fellas, its NYE!
    Instead of scanning the Waiver wire and sports headlines, you should be making up a long list of resolutions that you won't stick to like not drafting injury prone guys who start out hot and then break down mid season. That's right! I'm talking to YOU!
    This week Santa found out who was naughty and nice. Slippy got a sweet present when he jumped up to #10 in the standings. Pastor tried to throw a monkey into the works but after he set his lineups one day, he left some people sitting Sunday. Slippy's combo of surging Brandon Roy and Caron Butler joined by uneven but block happy Josh Smith and a returning Pau Gasol is barely enough to take on depleted teams.
    Slippy: Nice. Pastor: Naughty

We reviled him. We dissed him. But Tater knew the real value of a Naz on the move. Nazr wasn't even a victory cigar for the Pistons. But Tater scooped him up and reaped the rewards of a liberated behemoth! Too bad top 5 performer Manu was out.
    Tater: Naughty.(but won a rare TO matchup) #1: Naughty

Dwight giveth what Dwight taketh away. The big Ho carried the reb and block cats on his massive shoulders but played big time in losing the FT% and TO cats. With Motown nursing some injuries he was ripe for the picking but 16 fell short in several cats.
    Motown: So Nice its suspicious 16: Naughtier than Paris in NY on NYE

Oh Isiah! The fallout from your losing ways ripple all the way down to the Adv. League top dog. Marbury is such a loser that his bad chemistry ruins fantasy teams. Artest, Daniels, Tyrus? It's Marbury's fault. If you don't believe that...you can't deny that 1-8. Winless might not be able to beat healthy teams but he knows how to stomp all over the crippled ones.
    Winless: Niiiiiice Wez: What did you do buddy?

Himats week looked like swiss cheese while Max's was more like gouda. As in he did gouda against Himat. Thank you ladies and gentlemen! I'll be opening up for my cousins surf rock band over on Bell street. Next to the laundromat. Meanwhile Max was singing: Whooooooo can jump in the sky and dunk on your guy...that's Amare!
    Max: Nice Himat: Naughty

Jammer showed Dre who wears the pants in this relationship. Dre reached to pull out his Mcgrady but it was unloaded. Jammer on the other hand kicked his hibachi to the curb for a lower end model...that actually works. Was that the difference? It was close across the board but close is for horseshoes and a-bombs.
    Jammer: Nice Dre: Naughty
  2. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Good NYE recap Slipmeister. Looking forward to more in the new year.
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Great as always Slipman.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I also scooped up Herrman & Brezec that day. I.E. I had absolutely no clue. My team sucks and I was trying anything to get it to mediocrity.

But thanks for assuming (pretending) I knew what I was doing...:yellowprison:
  5. max

max All-Star

And with 2 weeks of not losing I am no longer in last place ( by myself ).

Happy new year guys...
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Happy New Year folks!

Championship or bust!