Adv Week League Week 7 Recap

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

This week had more plot twists than a season of Classic Twilight Zone. A clash of titans comes down to a bench play. A live GM loses to an absent one. A spud gets all starchy with the competition. You are about to enter another league. A league of not only of rebounds and assists but of points. You are about to enter, the Advanced League.

Dre vs. Webz
    Shrewd. Dre took advantage of a dinged up Wombat team and slipped a 5-4 victory. The big story was Dre benching Clipper anchorman Caveman Kaman to win the TO cat at the 11th hour. Dre did his usual big sexy stats thing while Webz showed why he sits at number one with solid % numbers. The Gamble paid off for Dre as his insurmountable leads in some cats allowed him to do a Larry Brown on Darko with Kaman.

Himat vs. Slippy
    Apparently, both Himat and Slippy took a page out of Dre's book and sat key guys. Only they sat their players at the beginning of the week. I guess timing is what separates the men from the boys. Himat still laid a bunch of goose eggs and then Slippy added a bunch of INJ guys to even it out. Slippy barely squeaks out a victory by the narrowest of margins...all across the board.

Tater vs. Winless
    Winless wanted to know if his team was a pretender or a contender. I gotta say buddy, if you lose to the M*A*S*H*E*D unit, your chances of pretendership is pretty high. Tater flipped players like a game of crazy eights but never holds onto a guy to know if he's productive or not. Like they say, patience is a virtue that cannot be rushed. Rashard missed one game. Having that guy would have swung a 5-4 victory for the Hustlers.

Motown vs. #1
    What can you say about these masters of the weekly matchup? Dwade is looking more like an albatross around #1's neck than an er...real albatross...in the like, air. or something. Wade didn't hit a single triple and coughed up as many TO's as assists. This week Mo wasn't all that impressive but giving up pts and rebounds and trying to win everything else is a decent trade off in my book.

Pants & Whackjob
    Uh huh. Uh huh. That's the way, I like it. Just like the washington wizzies, Jammer is proving that life is better without Agent Zero. Jammer's guard oriented attack is proving a winning recipe. Big 3's, big A's. competative in the steals and competative at the FT line. Warthog on the other hand sorely missed his star guard's freethrow shooting.

Ralphie vs. Pastor
    Ralphie played the odds and Pastor prayed to God. Divine intervention was the key to Pastors whuppin of the Rapids. The rapids added a bunch of guys who never did anything while Pastor realized he already had guys who didn't need to do anything. Hell, he didn't really do anything himself!

the Low vs. 16.
    16 beat the Low at his own game...the rare cats. This means that 16 knows what he is talking about and Darko should have been an all-star here. Yep. Thats what it means.

Max vs. Loanshark.
    Straight from a scene from I AM LEGEND, max stands alone amidst his depleted roster. Is there anybody out there???? Ok I never saw the movie but that scene should have been in there.

2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

excellent recap this week slippy!

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I concur with Hog Slippy, good recap.

Also unlike Flip Sr, I make my adjustments mid game to win, and not wait and hope that one of those starters will wake-up!!

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

and i'll be back next week w/previews, sorry was out of town all weekend.

again slip this was excellent. funny, knowledgeable, and digs at tater...this recap has it all!!

5. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree (especially the digs at Tater part). Well done Slip.

6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I know I'm late, but great review! :)