1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Advanced - Fantasy Basketball 2013-2014

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Sep 26, 2013.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

Congrats to MCPG, whoever that is. Superb tatering over the last few days

2. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Looks like I'm bowing out as well for the year. Great match up last week - I didn't really let myself down in any categories except maybe breaking the 100 mark in turnovers (but I stress it's a category I've lost all year). Winless just pulled out a brilliant week, keyed by Curry's matchup clinching performance last night. To the extent that you take his numbers out; I go through! Tough loss. Well played all! It's going to be a LONG seven months until we renew our battles! Catch you all then!

roscoe36 likes this.
  3. detteam

detteam All-Star

Not that it's very exciting but you and I are still playing for bronze. I noticed your lineup isn't set.

Rocastle and roscoe36 like this.
  4. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Thanks mate, you're a stand up guy. Line up now set.

detteam likes this.
  5. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Love to hear you talking trash like that, Rocastle!!

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

Your team scared me the most heading into the playoffs. Was pretty sure you and I would end up in the finals. Not to be for either of us.

It will be an honor to play you for the last medal

7. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Well played matchup. I got the win despite Pau Gasol sitting out the whole week. I am going to have my hands full this week. See ya next season Rocastle.

roscoe36 likes this.
  8. Rocastle

Rocastle Bench Warmer

Trash talk just ain't what it used to be eh... The Bad Boys are turning in their graves!

9. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

watching MCPG (so who is this now?? I only remember him for trading me an injured player at the beginning of the season :D ) picking and dropping players I have to say that I will adopt this strategy next season. It really seems to work out fine (in particular since I lost because he picked up Dalembert at the right time since his 7 blocks in one game made the decisive difference).

10. BillLaimbeer

Drath Tater first used this strategy many years ago. In fact, we call this excessive daily adding and dropping "Tatering" because of Drath. Some feel this is a wise strategy while others think it is too excessive. In any case, it is legal under the rules. One strategy for discouraging it is to reduce the number of moves allowed per season (say you reduce it from 100 to 50).

Anyways, congrats to both of you for making the finals.

11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I remember being 'Tatered' in my first ever fantasy league season in the final. We both agreed later that I had the better team but he won with strategy. Being my first season I didn't even think of it. Motown instigated a weekly add limit which works IMO.

I thought I would also mention that the daily waiver system I trialled this season in another league was pretty successful.

Advanced - Fantasy Basketball 2013-2014 | Page 4 | Detroit Pistons Forum

12. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I didn't mean to suggest that it is immoral or illegal; after all, it shows that you can be quite successful with a good strategy in the playoffs even if your roster may not be the strongest. I really didn't expect MCPG to succeed after he dropped players like Pekovic or Terrence Jones during the first round against my squad. He/She proved me wrong.

13. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't mind tatering...whatever it takes. Unlimited roster moves is fine with me.

What I don't like is the prospect of someone winning that has never posted on this forum, to the best of my knowledge.

I've run bracket pools here and on an MSU forum for years. The pools are more fun when everyone knows who is who.

14. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

We have someone in this league that no one knows who they are?

We never had a hard and fast rule about this, but I have always encouraged GMs that fantasy teams should only include PF.com members. There seems to me to be little value in letting anyone play in our leagues without participating in the community at large.

So ... who is this person?

15. BillLaimbeer

I think it is one of Motown's friends?

16. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Sorry about the late response. @MCPGMCPG is a member. He joined back in 2010 but said that his account wasn't working. He goes on PF.com all the time, checks the threads and reads the fantasy postings. He just hasn't been proactive in fixing his ID. He sent me a message today saying that he read the post about him not communicating on the thread and that he was going to create a new account and post so he could make his presence known. You are all right though. He should have interacted more and he acknowledges that.

detteam and roscoe36 like this.
  17. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Thanks. I have no problem with the dude winning a league. Just want to make sure it's PF people winning PF leagues.

detteam likes this.
  18. MCPG

MCPG Second Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

What up league!! I actually registered to PF back in Oct/2005........but the rigors of single-parenthood, 3 kids, full-time job, and part-time student and a few other fantasy leagues keep a dude pretty busy. I read your posts all the time though, and I look to this site for valuable Pistons info! This has been a pretty cool season (especially for MCPG) but it's interesting that I've been in this league the past 2 years--finishing 8th and 5th respectively in 2012 & 2013--yet NOW everybody is asking abt MCPG! Guess that's what making it to the finals does for you. I'll do my best to be more active in the forum, while also continuing to be a competitive maniac with one goal in mind every fantasy season: That 'Ship baby!!

big shout out to armygirl who has prolly been my fav poster over the years..........woulda been too easy to give that distinction to @MotownPrideMotownPride - that's my bro.

19. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Congrats dude!

MCPG likes this.
  20. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

This was a great fun season in the league. Quite the welcome relief during this abysmal Piston season. Thanks everyone!

roscoe36 likes this.