Advanced League 2007-2008 : Week 05 Preview

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Warthog, Nov 26, 2007.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

Week 5 Preview:

Warthog's Wackjobs (20-16-0) vs. webz Wombatz (24-11-0)

Webz has been cruising through the Advanced League, mostly with favorable matchups and sheer luck as opposed to Fantasy skill. This week Warthog shows him what a true regular season champ does to temporary #1s - crush them. This should actually be a good match, as both Double-Ws are strong and weak in 6 of the same 9 categories. Warthog wins 7-2.

Motown Prides (18-17-1) vs. Winless Hustlers (22-14-0)

Can Winless separate himself from the pack, or will it be a Motown throwdown? Both squads had very close games last week that could have gone either way. Look for Winless to cool down a little and Motown to pull out a 5-4 victory riding the coattails of Garnett and Marko...wait what? You just added Marko Jaric to your team? I didn't know he still played in the NBA...okay switch that to Winless winning 8-1 then.

M*A*S*H*E*D (15-21-0) vs. Rancho Drebabys (19-15-2)

Ouch. Not the best time for Tater to meet up with the ultra-hot Dre, who completely dominated Warthog last week despite only winning 6-3. His team knows how to score, assist, rebound, steal, block, even Jefferson is draining 3s...and they have decent percentages as well. Don't worry Tater, at least with Maggette, Stuckey, and Darko injured, you'll take Turnovers and avoid the embarrassment of a 9-0 thrashing.

MC Jammer Pants (15-21-0) vs. Mr.VanSmack (14-21-1)

This could get ugly. In fact, it probably will. Neither team can shoot or score, but Jammer can shoot bunnies and 3s while max can steal and block with the best of them with few turnovers. Since max should have guaranteed wins in 3 categories and Jammer in 2, I'll take max with the 5-4 victory this week.

Three-peat #1 (20-16-0) vs. Sour Notes (16-19-1)

Low goes to jail for strangling Flip Saunders and forgets to set his lineups for the week. Three-peat wins 8-1.

Loanshark (20-16-0) vs. The Pink Slips (12-24-0)

Where is Slippy anyway? His smack says 'we need all the help we can get' and he's right. Loanshark is having a fine season with Yao, Aldridge, and Turkoglu playing well, while having other guys fill in nicely. Slippy's team is better than his record though, but lacking consistency and a true star besides Gasol who is having a down year. Loanshark's success this week will depend on the health of china doll Gerald Wallace, which is like depending on Low to say something nice about Flip.

16 Mile (17-19-0) vs. Rapid Ralphies (18-18-0)
    Himat's Team (17-19-0) vs. The Pastor's Year (18-18-0)

All 4 teams have played equally mediocre this year and I want to go home now, so here's an equally mediocre prediction: 4-4-1. The end.

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

16 snatched Moon and Webz took daniels. I was a day late and a dollar short and by then, all you get for christmas is an acie law injured action figure complete with plastic crutches.

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

whoa-ho! you just prodded an angry nest of snakes with those comments Warthog. I was prepared to go lightly on you but now you'll feel my wrath.

your games advantage this week will do you no good.

4. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

geez i'll say...what the heck...marbury has already hit TWO 3s for you??

5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Dude, no way I'm losing two straight.

6. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Why is that such a surprise? He hit 123 of them last season. I tell ya, despite all Marbury's problems, he was a great value pick in the 7th round, behind such 'stars' as Hermann, Foye, Childress, Thornton, Nocioni, Alston, Battier, Kapono and Harrington.

You'd be hard pressed to make an argument that any of those guys are better than Marbury.

7. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Listen up Pork Chop breath! Never underestimate the
    Michigan's Tater...get it? Michigan Stater?
    OK...anyhow, my team is quite capable of losing 3-6...so there!!:pound:!

Hmmph. I guess I told you!

8. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Ok, shooting I'll give you, but scoring wouldn't be a problem if my darn players could stay healthy!

Arenas and VC finished 3 and 4 in the league in scoring last year, both finishing with over 2000 points.

Man, I really blew that draft. I should have gone with my first plan and taken J-Kidd! Oh well, at least I'll put up a good fight at the bottom of the league! :gun1::gun1::gun1:

P.S. Awesome job with the preview Hog!

9. Darth Tater

I had Arenas and VC on my team last year and won it all. VC was HUGE down the stretch and in the playoffs. Arenas would have easily been my number one pick this year (with the #2 pick overall), but that knee scared me off at the last minute...so I passed. I was happy to see you get him because I thought after 3 weeks or so he would be great. Even so I drafted Daniels just in case...too bad for me I let him go. I didn't even think about it when Arenas went down. Then Webz got him.

Injuries kill fantasy teams. Especiially in a 16 team league...losing your best player is a killer. :(

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

man i went to the gym, came back expecting to be up like 7-2, and i'm down 3-6!! 4 categories are separated by 1 unit, but dang. i'm lucky my guys have been shooting the lights out or i'd be down 8-1!

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It's too early to worry Wart (Worry Wart, hey play on words:)), I am down 2-7, because some former scrub by the name of Beno Udrih had an all star game tonight for Darth's mash unit. Unlike Flip, I do play the whole bench and will have almost a full line up playing both Saturday and Sunday, so unless Labron, T-Mac and Baron all go down, I should come out OK :whoo::smoke06:

12. max

max All-Star

Lately, I have been comming out to strong leads only to blow it over the weekend.

Not going to fall for it this time.

13. Darth Tater

Welcome to my world. I even did it against you. :pound:

14. Darth Tater

Dre, I'm reading between the lines here...does that mean I don't have anyone playing on the weekend? I refuse to look,but I'll just bet that's the case.

15. max

max All-Star

My only win.

At this rate even Slippy will be passing me. Soon I may trade my entire team and start over again.

16. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I have 18 playas balling Sat and Sun and you have 13 including an injured Darko and Stuckey:crutch:

17. Darth Tater

11-18...looks like you're in BIG trouble! :smiley-poker:

18. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

My latest wire additions are performing better than my all-stars. lol. We really need a big victory this week.

19. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i'm liking my pickups of chuck hayes and kurt thomas...they got a combined 20 boards last night, which i definitely wasn't getting between Krstic and Shelden Williams

20. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I had to cut Chuck Hayes because he was hurting my team. He is good for Boards and Steals, but little else. I needed the roster spot to add a more rounded player. Good Luck with him.