Advanced League - 2008-2009 Banter and Old Fashion Trash Talk

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 30, 2008.

1. detteam

detteam All-Star

BEWARE!!! Debt Team coming to collect past due bills :6shoot:

...when my guys finally shed their crutches :doh:
  2. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

heh that's funny because boozer is injured for me in the keeper league :( you were up 5-4 too until kenyon martin got a couple assists and blocks for me to save it
  3. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dre, you can't play that card cos I have Jamal Crawford!! :laugh:
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah but I would have got you on the boards though ....;)

It's now been 5 days and Zach stiil hasn't suit up yet, so that is now four games of vacation for him...
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Looks like I might get two guys back this week... (Manu and Richardson)
  6. LA Dre

My team sucked big time this week, half of them injured and the rest performing below average. :ohwell:

I can only hope that we play some other struggling teams the next couple of weeks to get back in the top 4.
  7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I had Duhon dishing 22 assists in one night and still lost in the assists- category. Talk about struggeling.
    @Motown
    Smart move to bench Artest, he probably would have cost you the FG cat. I was happy to see he didn't find his shot but than I saw you didn't even play him.
  8. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Thank you sir. He is a chucker, no doubt. :)
  9. detteam

detteam All-Star

You're in luck Dre...you get dead-last Debt Team this week :bow1:
  10. TWOTIMESRALPHI

but Debt team won 7-2 last week (and I lost 7-2). I hope there'll be some surprises, caus this far you have 3 top teams and alot of middleclass teams.
    While looking at Hunter's roster, I still have trouble to find out how this team can be that dominant
  11. detteam

detteam All-Star

:heh: I just got Deron & Fransisco Garcia back from injuries that held them out until the end of last week. I'm getting my first looks at how the full team will fare.

Hog's team is over-loaded with some pretty good bigs...looks good to me.
  12. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Once I get my injured players back I will be back near the top of the standings like always. LOL... :burgereater:

Hunter's team is tough he has 4 qualtity big men that's why his team is so strong. With me missing Boozer, Redd and Mobley and playing less games last week I was happy not to get my doors blown off and only lose 3-6 to Hunter.
  13. LA Dre

Yeah but my team is playing like the last place team..:yukpuke:

Jameer Nelson out for two weeks and now it appears that T-MAC will be out three weeks. I can't release them so I have to hold their spots until they return

Maybe I need to trade to get all of my last years championship players back together on one team. (did someone say keeper??)

I already have Lebron, TMac, Farmar and Randolph, maybe I need to see about getting R. Jefferson, Kaman and Baron back from that squad.....naw then I would have three current Clippers on my team and that can't bode right for an NBA or fantasy teams :sherlock:
  14. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i think i had a pretty good strategy going into the draft and was actually happy with not having a top-5 pick in the first round, and it allowed me to have a cohesive strategy. i concentrated on bigs and securing FG%, REB, BLK, which has also helped the TO category since those guys aren't handling the ball that much (same thing with having mostly SG-type players). then i have a few guys who can get hot (terry, jr smith, kirilenko) in a few categories once or twice a week to help push me over the edge.

i also lucked out getting przybilla and kenyon martin so late in the draft and they've been playing well. carter hasn't lost a whole lot even with chauncey in denver now. and then i took a chance on odom and ak47 when the experts were saying steer clear, and the gamble paid off.

but hey, it's very early in the season. the guys i took chances on could suck. people could get injured. etc.
  15. TWOTIMESRALPHI

ok, I hereby admit it, trading Chris Bosh for Marion was the worst move I could have made. I'm worse in scoring and rebounding and Marion doesn't give me the steals, 3s and blocks I expected. He's definetely on his way down and he lacks consistency. His times as a fantasy monster seem to be over while Boch looks like he's really going to remain a 26+ppg scorer.
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

19, 11, 16, 12, 21, 15, 13, 12, 12, 7, 11

David Lee's rebounding numbers the last 11 games. Numbers to make you salivate if you need boards.:burgereater:

He's the 4th best rebounder in the game and moving up now that he's getting the minutes. I think he is ranked around 60 something overall.

Problem is I lose rebounding by a mile every week because he gets no help on my team. He's essentially wasted on my team although he does put up points.

Make me an offer for a comparable player that helps me improve significantly in assists and steals.

Right now I am one of the better crappy teams (9th of 14), so I may as well try to move up to being a mediocre team.

If you can't make a fair offer please don't make one at all.

Normally, I would pm someone for a player I am interested in, but I'm just not paying all that much attention and while I normally trade for a guy I want, this time I just want the stats. :smoke06:
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

You offered Bosh to me in 3 different (silly) combo proposals for Dho. You obviously had a hard-on for Bosh. And now...you're complaining about getting rid of him??? :pound:
  18. TWOTIMESRALPHI

Oh yeah, I do :D
    I was really thinking Bosh would get back to his usual form of 22ppg plus 9 rebs but he seems to remain as good as he was. I could have gotten a better player than Marion who isn't his old self.
    But I don't get the point of my offers to you for DHo being silly, I think the way Bosh plays he equals DHo, so what's your point?
  19. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I wouldnt exactly call Marion a bust yet. He is still the 27th ranked fantasy player and its only early. But I had noticed his game is declining. If you look at his stats since his career year in 05-06 his PPG has dropped each season. His rebounds, steal and blocks have remained quite consistent though and they should continue to do so.

But the thing that bothered me a little was his 3pt shooting. Since his trade to the Heat his 3pt shot has all but disappeared, and that was what gave him that special all-round status. So the points and the 3's were the main things that made it ok for me to trade him. I also noticed that his age might be starting to catch up with him. He's always been the iron man, but towards the end of last year he started picking up little niggling injuries; injuries that tend to happen as you get older - hamstrings, groin injuries etc.

But its not like Bosh is a warrior himself. He has missed 40 games over the past 3 seasons and that was a definite concern. But I felt like I needed a big scorer and his % are so good and he shoots big volumes that he can help me in those categories where Marion couldnt.

When its all said and done I'm guessing these 2 guys end up quite close to each other in the rankings. It all depends on what your needs are. And its also not like Marion was taken with a typically high pick. He was drafted at 10 (by the CPU i might add, i missed the start of the draft), so at the time that was a good value pick, but i think his top 3 days are over.
  20. LA Dre

Motown if my team falls to you this week, it will because I left TMAC on the bench tonight and played some scrub named Anthony Morrow in his place. I had a tip that Tmac might play but neglected to move him, because I was to busy watching the Pistons. Oh by the way, two other two scrubs didn't show up either, my two Dominguez Hills stars Tay P and Tyson C who didn't even suit up

T-Mac was one assist short of a triple double:crossed:, going 24-10-9. with my luck, he won't play tomorrow..