Advanced League - News

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by MotownPride, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I am here and ready for the season to start. I am no expert but some people drafted some poor teams. It should make things easy for the more experienced players.

If I could draft over again the one player I would not draft the second time around would be Zack Randolph. The guy still acts like a little kid and doesn't seem to be working on his game to improve to better the team.

Does anyone else have a player that they had second thoughts about drafting after the pressure intense draft was over?
  2. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I really don't have any regrets about anyone I drafted. It came out weird for me though. I tried drafting Center heavy at the top, but somehow got some good guards instead. That auto draft is messed up, lol. I couldn't tell you a good team from a poor one but somebody told me I did well. We shall see. :noidea:
  3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I drafted AI with my first pick ( I drafted 11th out of 12 teams), but then I lost my internet connection for a few minutes and by the time I got back up I had autodrafted Steve Nash because he was the next highest of my pre-ranked players.

I like Nash, but to go PG with your 1st 2 picks is a bit much. I would have probably gone big with that pick.

Other than that, I like my team. I think I have a good balance and all but 3 of my guys are eligable for multiple positions.
  4. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Auto Draft

When I logged into the draft it was in progress, so it autopicked my team before I could put a word in. So as they say, I wll have to deal with hand that was dealt me and ride it out for a week or two to see how it plays. I am little heavy at the guard position with 8 of them, so I will be looking to dump one for a forward in a week or two and will need another center if LB keeps Jerome James on the bench. :laugh:
  5. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I have Jerome James in another league. What a waste!

In our league I picked up Stackhouse (I'm a fan of his), but quickly dropped him based on need and his injury plagued pre-season.
  6. Winless Wonders

What is going on???

This place is dead...

Okay who has a player that has been a total disapointment so far? I have two players Radmonvic from Seattle and Dampier from Dallas. I cut Radmonvic today after I saw he is not even starting this season and is buried deep on the bench.This new Seattle coach seems like he does not have a clue. He only played 11 minutes last night and had 4 rebounds and no points. I am like WTF!!!!!! He lost his job to Reggie Evans?? Who the he double hockey sticks is Reggie Evans??? Didn't Seattle spend a whole lot of money to resign Radmonvic??? So I cut him and picked up Austin Croshere as a stop gap until I can find a better replacement.:frusty:

I am so mad.
  7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Potential Drops

Just as I expected I have got nothing from Kyle "Ashton" Korver in his first two games as he is averaging 4 pts and 2 boards:doh:

Also it looks like Jerome James is not going to get any run time from LB so his numbers will be low. You know I am in trouble when the strongest man on my front court is McDyess!!:frusty:
  8. MotownPride

I dropped James days ago. Its hard to get a read on Korver. He can't continue to stink up the place. Can he? :)
  9. MotownPride

Reggie Evans lead the league in rebounds per 48 minutes last year. Unfortunately that's all he does.

Underachieving pick? Hmmmmm....so far, Desmond Mason has been very disappointing for me but I expect that trend to change as soon as he gets more acclimated with New Orleans/Oklahoma City system.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I just dropped Reggie E in the Novice League. We aren't counting rebounds per 48, just straight up and there are 5 guys with better all around statlines on the FA list...

Radmanovic and Evans both signed their qualifying offers. Neither was re-signed to a long term deal.
  11. Winless Wonders

T-mac Goes Down!!

I am so screwed. TMAC is down and out with a back injury and they don't know how long he is going to be out. They say 3 to 4 weeks. I can't believe this!!!:frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :frusty: :doh: :doh:
  12. jammertime

Really? Wow.

I heard day to day. 3 to 4 weeks is rough.
  13. rdang

rdang First Round Draft Pick

My biggest dissapointment?

Larry f'n Hughes. Turning the ball over way too much and he's shooting a poor poor percentage right now (.378). Joe gets an honourable mention as well - on a weak Atlanta team needing a leader, I expected him to step up his game; along as his assists.

My surprises?

Shareef Abdur-Rahim. Hes great on the boards and he shoots a high percentage. And to think that I was pissed I drafted him:)
  14. MotownPride

Fantasy Spotlight (Week 2)

So week 1 is in the books and what a week it was!

Alot of close matchups. Similar to a boxing match, I think we saw alot of posturing and feeling out of the opponent this week before actual punches were thrown. Now that everyone has a stronger grasp for what to expect out of their team...this is when the REAL competition begins.

But before we go into week 2, here are the week 1 awards!

Owner of the Week
    ProFantasySports.com

Fairly obvious selection here. Accumlating a record of 7-1-1, the recipient of the number one draft pick has blazed out of the gate with an impressive defeat of Loanshark. The lineup of LeBron, Peja, B-Mill, Billups, Odom, Webber is sure to be one that will be giving opposing owners fits this year. Loanshark's disappointing performance can likely be attributed to the loss of Shaq and the ineffectiveness of Crawford in Larry land.

Game of the Week
    Motown Prides vs. Old Miser's Squad

Having 6 categories determined by less than 8 points, this was about as even of a matchup as one can expect. This one went down to the wire. More impressive was Miser's ability to get the job done with the loss of Sam Dalembert to injury. The emergence of Wells, Ford, Krisitc and Mourning was key to Old Miser's victory.

On to this weeks matchups:

WEEK 2

#1 vs detroit what!
    #1 looks to wrestle away first place this week, but detroit what! stands in his way. Both teams play pesky defense, but detroit what! plays it just a tad bit better.
    Upset special
    Prediction:
    detroit what! beats you know who 6-3

Motown Prides vs rdang
    When these two offensive jaugernauts get together expect a shootout. This one could come down to health. A healthy Davis makes this a toss up. Betting on Davis's health isn't what you would call a sound investment.
    Prediction:
    Prides rebound from overtime thriller 6-3

FD vs BigDaddy's Boyz
    Big Daddy looks to rebound from a horrendous 2-7 start. It won't be easy. A big day from Antoine Walker in a Shaqless Miami might be all the doctor ordered to send Big Daddy to the loser's lounge for a second week. Keep in eye out for Gerald Wallace though. If he misses a couple games Big Daddy might be in a position to make this interesting.
    Prediction:
    FD in a route 7-2

Wonders World vs LA Drebabys
    A sound victory from either of these two teams should be enough to launch one of them into the elite 6 (championship playoff spot positions). Who will move from mediocrity to the leagues elite? LA will miss Korver this week, but I'm sure Wonders World will be more than happy to reintroduce him. When McGrady and Hill return from injury, watch out for these teams. They WILL be in the mix.
    Prediction:
    Wonders edges through 5-4

Loanshark vs JammerTime
    This could get ugly. Unless Loanshark can turn his franchise around through free agency and trades, this looks to be a long season for our friend. Jammertime just has too much fire power.
    Jaws looks more like Nemo in this one
    Prediction:
    Jammertime in a massacre 7-2

Matchup of the Week

Old Miser's Squad vs ProFantasySports.com
    Sports writers clash! :) This battle amongst friends will now extend to the PF.Com Fantasy battle ground. #1 pick versus #2 pick. Lebron vs KG! Does it get any better than this? The reemergence of Peja should be enough to counter Mike Bibby's rebound week.
    Prediction:
    ProFantasy Sneaks through 5-4
  15. #1Pistonfan

#1Pistonfan First Round Draft Pick 2x Fantasy Champion

motown

I look forward to silencing the critics...you'll learn not to bet against me!!!
  16. MotownPride

ha..ha... show me da money! :)
  17. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Wow, that recap of the week was super cool Motown. :nod:
  18. jammertime

I agree. Especially the part about my team having too much fire power for shark! :eyebrows:
  19. MotownPride

thanks fellas. :)
  20. jammertime

You can thank me by trading me Smush Parker. I'm looking for a PG/SG for depth. :nod: