Advanced league Recaps

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Central' started by Slippy, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Week 1.
    The NBA season started with a bang but the loudest noise was the sound of the boot given to various teams' scrubs as they were jettisoned heartily in favor of hot hands. So much activity meant that in a deep league, you had a lot of guys on the WW outperforming your draftees.

Slippy vs. Webz
    This one started out tight but game after squandered game allowed Webz high powered guard play to totally dominate the final stretch. Josh Smith proved a multi cat stud but otherwise the whole team sucked. caron netted 16 TO's over 3 games. Thanks buddy. For the winning team Felton and Billups dished, pilfered and bombed treys for a 7-2 final result.

Motown vs. Warthog.
    This one had WWF written all over it. Not that crappy WWE product. We're talking two steroid pumping maniacs telling each other how much they will destroy each other. Wart looked like he was going to wipe the floor with Motown but the Prideful One pulled a Garnett out of his tights and nailed the Wackjob with a 20/20 shot right between the eyes. Still The WW's managed to seal the deal as the ref pointed to the bell. Ding ding! This one's not over man! Not by a long shot! rawr!

Darth Tater vs. Max the Pimp
    Pimpin' ain't easy and neither is making mashed potatoes out of darth's playoff hopes. Darth went fishing often but reeled in a bunch of rocks that slowly sunk his team. Max thought the jig was up when Ginobli and Jamison did their impression of league MVP all week but Allen, Chandler and Amare anchored a frontline comeback to steal a victory at the last minute.

2. Slippy

LA Dre vs. the Low
    How do you lose to the guy that drafted Varejao AND Livingston? CARLOS DELFINO!! Ok he didn't do much but all those intangibles made everyone play better. Dre's players went insane at times but the Low took the rare cats to eke out a victory. Low worked the WW while Dre laughed at everyone else's draft missteps. Dunleavy man. Why didn't he do that for me when I had him.

Winless vs. 2xRalphie
    Winless made that all too prophetic move by dumping Salmons for Hilton Armstrong. Salmons played like a top 25 guy and Hilton played like Dupree. And by that I mean hardly at all. Hey, at least he was dressed. Ralphie complained that he picked durant over Butler but he didn't really need the extra 14 TO's...he had plenty already. Meanwhile, Tyrus shot .167 from the line. Dude, stop watching those Ben Wallace Free throw instructional videos. They don't really help.

Himat vs. Jammerpants
    In screen printing class Himat made Jammer a t-shirt that says Kobe happens. Apparently it was a ginormous pile of Kobe. The Answer chimed in while Arenas and Vc both went into volume shooting mode. Jammer ended up 2 treys from joining Slippy in the basement. We're going to credit Rasheed...cuz we can.

#1 vs. 16
    This one had all the drama of two mountains closing in on one another thanks to plate tektonics. I'd write more but its sapping my will to live.

Loanshark vs.Pastor
    This one had all the drama of two mountains closing in on one another but like one mountain is being strip mined. For the sake of future recaps, i have to toss in the towel.

3. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nice recaps Slippy. You hit the nail on the head in most of your assessments. There is writers strike in Hollywood and since I assume you are not a member of the WGA, you could break the picket lines and provide some nice anecdotes for Leno and Kimmel....:laugh:

My guys were racking up the points, assists and boards, and shot better than Rick Barry from the FT line, but they took to many shots from the field for an anemic 41% and they could not hit their 3 balls like I :director:coached, er.. paid them to do.

I am going to ride them one more week before looking at the waiver wire and trade possibilities..

4. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Obviously Wart distracted the referee and knocked out Quentin Richardson. That would explain his dismal performance. lol.

5. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

Hey!

I EARNED that victory! Don't be dissing ME! (© Undercover Brother)

My team is built like the Pistons brother, my 5 will beat your 2.

6. Slippy

Low, as I was looking at your team, its built just like mine. The only thing is, my guys stank. In a way, drafting guys that weren't gonna play made you more nimble with the WW. I let my guys go all binary before cutting
    bait.

7. Pwn Toney

I kind of threw in the towel late in the draft. In a league with this many teams, the guys I really wanted to get my hands on were long gone. I mistakenly thought I read that Livingston would not miss the entire year and I forgot how bad his injury really was, so I had egg on my face for that one, and I was hoping that Varejao would cave and sign.

I've done leagues before where I've kept a guy on roster that wouldn't play until later, but these guys don't look to be back anytime soon. I crapped out with those two.

8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

good recaps! i'll try to have the pre-caps done today, even though the week already began

9. Pwn Toney

Now, I just read that Varejao might take a one year deal....DAMN! DAMN!! DAMN!!!

God, I suck this season.

10. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Low you out GM'ed me...I give you credit for that...:ohwell::good:

11. Pwn Toney

Thanks! I'm sure I won't get many more victories in that fashion though...I'm still worried about my long term results. I was aiming for guys that I thought would be consistent. I need to keep my eyes on these players.

12. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I also dropped Salmons after winless did, but not to worry, there are plenty more fish in the sea.

Brandon Bass.

Then who knows? I might be able to get Rasual Butler to wake up the Brian Cook to serve me up an Eddy Curry with Darius Rice and a nice glass of Michael Redd.

Man, I could go on forever!