Afflalo, CB, Rip, Blalock, Acker, Flip Jr.,Stuckey???

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

There is a serious logjam in the backcourt in Detroit. Does Joe D has something up his sleeve?

Did he draft for someone else, perhaps?

Who stays and who leaves??
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

These picks today tell me that Acker and Blalock are not in future Piston plans.
  3. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    We don't know what trades Joe has up his sleeve. We don't know Acker's intentions, maybe he'd rather stay in Europe and Joe doesn't count on him coming back. Let just chips fall where they may and evaluate this off-season when it truly ends.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Looks like it.

I won't miss Blalock.

I was hoping Acker would make it but it looks like he just didn't have quite enough.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Log jam at guard, and power forward

Weak at small forward and center

It needs to balance out. We will see what trades happen after Chauncey signs somewhere.
  6. mikhail1973

Milwaukee is the only team left that could be interested in CB and offer significant contract. I don't think he's going anywhere.
  7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I don't get it- unless there's a plan behind it, drafting 3 guards makes absolutely no sense. From what I've heard, Stuckey could be pretty similar to FlipM. And at #27, Splitter was still available- draftexpress.com listed him as the 2nd best C available.
    I'm slightly dissapointed. Still no backup 3. Tons of guards but no real backup PG??? There definetely has to be somthing in the making or this simply doesn't make any sense.
  8. linwood

linwood All-Star

Stockpile at one position is a great poker move. If you have a full house, you can maneuver around for the royal flush.

Detroit stacked at guard prospects, with the sure thing testing the waters.

Seattle just loaded up on small forwards. Let the trading begin!
  9. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I like the stockpile. Last year the perimeter was our weakness and we just got three perimeter players - all offering different skill sets. Yes, I know on paper it looks like they are only SG's. but I know for a fact there is much overlap between the picks and what postions they can play. As starters you need more defined roles / positions, but for bench guys this is how I would fomr my team. Get a bunch of versatile guys and play them in the best context of the particular game,
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Absolutely. And if we can get one solid backup out of this draft, the rest is all gravy.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

12. lapiston

lapiston Team Captain

We should buy out Murray. Hunter retires. I would play Stuckey and Afflalo a lot and sign Francis who will be bought out by Portland. Don't know anything about Acker. Not impressed by Blaylock.

The two rookies and Francis off the bench would bring us back to the championship level of 2004 in the back court.

The center position has to be next for Joe.
  13. mikhail1973

Do we really want Francis? I beg to differ. I'd much rather try to bring G.Hill here. At least he's going to come to play every game.
  14. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

Grant Hill is also a first class individual who would have gone into the NBA HOF if he hadn't had the ankle problems. I have always felt that he is a little soft, but at this point in his career I believe that he would happy to come off the bench for the Pistons and I believe he would be a big plus for us doing that.

He could also start when needed in case of injury. I would like to see us sign him.

I will take Stuckey (who we got for Darko) and Grant Hill rather than Darko and Carlos.

:hoops:
  15. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

Phone call:

Joe D: Hey, Stevie what's up? Where are you at? We got a game in 30mins?

Francis: uhhhhh. What up Joe. I am at the Superbowl with my crew. I will meet back up with the team on the road later in the week. Peace..

Joe D:.. Hello.... Hello...?? Steve?? No this fool didn't just hang up on me..:stirthepot:
  16. mikhail1973

:pound: :pound: :pound: :pound: :pound:
  17. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He actually doesn't come to play in a lot of games. He's usually wearing a suit and tie in those.
  18. Nemo

Nemo Hall of Fame Forum Donor

Joe has a plan other than having all these guards on the team. I'd have taken the big guy at #27. I'm figuring Billups leaves, and probably Blalock and Flip Jr. will be sent on their way. Maybe Darko is coming back........................
  19. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

What big guy was there? The only solid player that could come in would be McRoberts or Gray. In McRoberts you have a decent at best PF, we have tons of PF. With Gray who have Poor mans Brad Miller. Don't draft size cause you need a C. The only legit Centers out there were Gasol and Splitter, two guys that will be in Europe AT LEAST 1-2 years. By the time their ready or on the squad the team will be so different it won't matter cause there will be wholes every where. Now the perimeter is set. There was so much moaning about the perimeter last year and now it has been addressed and theres still complaing. I had very few issues with the frontcourt (Dont use this as an excuse to start saying we have no C, we don't but in comarison to perimeter wasn't as big of an issue) at least in the playoffs.

I like the draft and am very pleased. Got both guys I thought would help the Stones the best.
  20. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I know you guys are sold on AJ backing up Tay- but as even the pistons.com website pointed out, AJ simply ain't no SF. He's a natural PF who still needs to bulk up. The perimeter problem is not so much of an issue- I mean, the biggest wholes where the backup PG and backup SF positions- and none of these wholes got filled, that's what nobody's able to understand. There is a need for a solid backup PG and not for 3 FlipM's.