After losing Game 1 to Philadelphia in embarrassing fashion

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 21, 2008.

?

After the Pistons dropped Game 1, I am feeling

Poll closed Apr 23, 2008.
  1. Angry

35.3%
  2. Confused

11.8%
  3. Hopeful

9.8%
  4. Disturbed

19.6%
  5. Disappointed

33.3%
  6. Nervous

7.8%
  7. Surprised

3.9%
  8. Anxious

13.7%
  9. Concerned

21.6%
  10. Nothing

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

After losing Game 1 to Philadelphia in embarrassing fashion, I am (VOTE ON THE POLL).

:)
  2. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

11. I am... Going to Chicago...

Just like the Pistons don't care, I don't really feel anything for them this morning. They don't deserve any of my emotions at the moment.

I'll be watching (maybe) game 2 from Chicago. Its been cool being in Michigan. Later guys. :victory:
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Have a safe trip webz. :)
  4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Disappointed. I don't get angry about Detroit sports anymore. I used to get angry, but I figure there's no reason in ruining a completely good day over something which I have no control.

I hope they'll right the ship, but sometimes I think our expectations are way too high for this team, and they're not all that good.

If we lose early in this playoff series, I think it will be time to break up the nucleus. It's way too early to consider this, of course. Let's see how it all plays out.

Detroit was the only better seed to lose Game 1 in their building. I hope the team is embarrassed.
  5. kpaav

kpaav Bench Warmer Forum Donor

One thing I am not is surprised. This team will never do that to me. Just as a sweep to the Celtics won't either. Baffling.
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

Disappointed. I didn't expect Philly to be a cakewalk, and figured this series would probably go 6. However, I really didn't expect one of the Pistons losses to be at home after leading by 15 and playing some of the best defense of the year.
  7. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Angry. Because i'm not surprised.
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I'm feeling the same way Sheed feels. We'll see you bandwagon ass cats next week.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Where's my Celtic jersey...
  10. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

should have not suprised as an option.... can they still win it all yep, but this dog can't change its spots no matter the lip service they have paid to not "flipping the switch" they fell back into that old habit and if for no other reason I am disapointed.
  11. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

disturbed and disappointed. i'm disappointed at the result. i'm disturbed at the attitude and lack of effort.
  12. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I am: surprised, disappointed, hopeful (that's right, the only hopeful one thus far, you bandwagoners:gun1:).

I really really wanted to just pick "nothing" for a laugh, but I just couldn't.

TaShawn - You admit it - you are NOTHING. NOTHING! LOL
  13. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Blue.

And maize.

By which I mean gold. And Forum blue.

By which I mean purple.

M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P! M-V-P!

:hoops:
  14. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

can i vote for all of the above???
  15. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Go Pistons!! Chauncey, please start playing playoff basketball again...I have missed your for two years. Aside, I could never root for the celtics or lakers. GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  16. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

One step closer to having to dismantle and retool this team. Is there any ferocity in the eyes (or heart) of this team?
  17. PistonFanInCavsTown

PistonFanInCavsTown First Round Draft Pick

Angry! I feel like a sucker.

"Just wait till the playoffs" they said all during the regular season. I patiently waited through the regular season ups-and-downs in effort, and tried to overlook the occasional woe-is-me pouting about how it's so hard to maintain focus during the regular season when you're looking forward to the playoffs, etc.

I've defended this team against the hometown Cavs fans, who at least have a team that plays with effort and heart even though the talent is lacking. Then I watch what was basically 1.25 solid quarters of effort last night.

I've been waiting for weeks for the playoffs to start. I was excited as hell to sit down in front of the TV last night and see the beginning of my team's playoff march. What makes me so angry is that they weren't ready to compete.

I ain't ever jumping off of the bandwagon, but I ain't happy right now either.
  18. MainManJoeD

MainManJoeD First Round Draft Pick

I was privately hoping for a loss here. To be humbled in game 1 of the first round against a clearly inferior team might provide the wake-up call that this team needs. Last 2 years they blew through the first round and then got that look of invincibility in their eyes, and shut it down (last year it happened after the 20 point comeback in Chicago).

Much better that it happen now than to get back to the ECF and get drilled by Boston because we haven't gotten the message. Also, I'd much prefer a first round flame-out than to play like crap in the ECF, because it'll make it much easier for Joe D to make the changes he needs after the season.
  19. Capn

Capn First Round Draft Pick

I responded with Angry and Disappointed. Angry because we ARE the better team, and we should have won. Disappointed, because we STILL do not know how to put teams away. And was disappointed in Sheed joking around with the other team when we were toward the end of the game, and trying to come back.

It's fine to be sociable to other teams BEFORE and maybe even AFTER the game. When the ball goes up, it should be all business.
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The starters haven't been in a real crunch time end-game in quite a while. They just need to get their mojo back.

Just keep in mind that we are playing a team that is better than their record indicates. We brought our B game in game 1 and it wasn't good enough. Give Philly some credit. They did a lot of things right.