After losing Game 1 to Philadelphia in embarrassing fashion

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Apr 21, 2008.

?

After the Pistons dropped Game 1, I am feeling

Poll closed Apr 23, 2008.
  1. Angry

35.3%
  2. Confused

11.8%
  3. Hopeful

9.8%
  4. Disturbed

19.6%
  5. Disappointed

33.3%
  6. Nervous

7.8%
  7. Surprised

3.9%
  8. Anxious

13.7%
  9. Concerned

21.6%
  10. Nothing

17.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I feel nothing since this team has failed to give full effort before. This should surprise nobody. I fully expect Flip to coach here next season, even if we lose this series. Joe will make the right decision and blow up the team. Still, I believe we will win in 6 games. It will just seem longer.....
  2. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

If it ain't rough...it ain't right.

Now where have I heard that before?

Last time I saw our guys in the playoffs they were lettin LeBron SINGLE-HANDEDLY spank every azz we had on the floor at the time. Something like 14 or 15 times IN A ROW! I was OUTRAGED! How the hell we do that?

My jaw has been tight ever since. To follow that sorry-azz DREADFULLY outrageous playoff performance with one like yesterday is simply INEXCUSABLE!! I'm ready to march on the Palace and contribute my foot to the first player's azz that steps out the door!!!

Dispicable I tell ya! MY face is twitchin tryin to find the right words to halfway describe that pansy-azz, pathetic performance yesterday.

Having said all that; short of disrespecting Philly's players, Sheed played a hall-of-fame 1st half. J-Max wasn't bs-ing either. But besides Prince's chokin (offensively), Rip ego-tripping, Dyess's half-stepping, Chauncy's fartin around; and Hays disappearing behind, our guys seem delusional. Like these teams are supposed to lay down and die for them. What we need here is an "attitude adjustment." Maybe some of our guys are tired of winning?

We lost to an opponent that DIDN'T KNOW Sheed was in their own huddle! How the hell we do that??? At least 80% of this sorry-azz performance can be put squarly on the shoulders of the PLAYERS!!! But Flip ain't escaping either. How come he can't seem to motivate these guys? Keep em focused? Ain't that the coach's job? What about "adjusting attitudes?" Who's supposed to do that? Why the hell would Flip put Rip, C-Bill and Hunter on the floor at the same time? He hasn't tried that all season. Why go with it now? Let's see if Flip can "right the ship" when it counts! Anybody takin bets?

I'm getting a little worried about Rip. Come to think of it, ain't that his quote? If it ain't rough...it ain't right? Wasn't he talking some "we been here before" nonsense to a reporter? He ought to be SHAME that we "been here before!" Dyess also has me worried. He don't seem to be as hungry as he should be. C-Bill's starting to lose the ball in traffic more. Maybe Prince should compete for 6th man award next year if he don't get busy like NOW!

Somebody needs to tell these "wanna-be" ego-tripping, masquerading as Pistons "starters" they better get it started and most importantly finished! It's MONEY TIME! No guts...no glory! There are some teams out east that ain't bs-ing. Are we??? The "starters" need to get their collective heads out of their azzes and get back to Detroit Basketball, like RAT NOW!!!

They ought to be SHAME of themselves. With all the crap I'm taking from my sheet-talking cousin's on the east coast, hell I'M SHAME.

SHAMEFUL PERFORMANCE....JUST SHAMEFUL!!!

:gun1::gun1:
  3. pistonsloyalist

pistonsloyalist First Round Draft Pick

A classic post, Mad. One of your best ever. No pulled punches. And some real nice turns of phrase.
  4. 1989

1989 First Round Draft Pick

I'm feeling nothing. The performance was disappointing of course, but not surprising. We've seen it before.

There are days when we look unbeatable. But not very often. We might win the championship, and I would love to see it happen. But it's unlikely.

Blame the coach, the players, or both. Or even Joe D for allowing this to happen year after year. The bottom line is that since the '04 Finals, and especially since LB left, this team simply doesn't bring it with any consistency.

So what is there to feel? They performed exactly as many expected them to.
  5. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

I voted for nothing because it was the closest to numb.

Since that last minute of the game I left the bar and didn't turn on any sportradio, haven't read a paper, haven't watched any espn.....this is the first I've come to the forum! (and though I don't post much, I usually come here every day)

I'm no where near hopeful yet but I'm happy some of the forumites are. Maybe I'll get there too?
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Nice post MH
  7. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

06:07 AM
    Angry [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] aurora, Capn, Chandragupta, Darth Tater, dba, detteam, Dlev59, Gtrmkr, kpaav, Lee356, Luke Slippywalker, Mad Hatter, mikhail1973, Ozarkruffrider, PistonFanInCavsTown, raxrets, Stringer 17 34.69%
    Confused [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] aurora, BallDon'tLie, basketbills, dba, kpaav, raxrets 6 12.24%
    Hopeful [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Chandragupta, congoman, coynejeremy, MainManJoeD, The Low 5 10.20%
    Disturbed [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] alexa032, BallDon'tLie, Chandragupta, dba, KP, kpaav, raxrets, RupertPupkin, st8ofmind, Warthog 10 20.41%
    Disappointed [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Capn, Chandragupta, coynejeremy, Darth Tater, dba, detteam, DirtyMoney, Ernie the Slow Adult, ggazoo69, kpaav, LA Dre, linwood, Maverick, max, raxrets, Warthog, Woody 17 34.69%
    Nervous [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Chandragupta, dba, kpaav, raxrets 4 8.16%
    Surprised [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] coynejeremy, dba 2 4.08%
    Anxious [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] aurora, BallDon'tLie, Chandragupta, dba, explosivity, kpaav, raxrets 7 14.29%
    Concerned [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] BallDon'tLie, Chandragupta, dba, detteam, kpaav, LA Dre, Murph, NYPistonFan729, raxrets, round, TheeTFD 11 22.45%
    Nothing [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] 1989, ahb, CloudWalker, crastinator, jammertime, Nemo, Robert Michael, TaShawn 8 16.33%

Wow, I'm glad we're all in touch with our feelings. However if disturbed you might seek help...talk it out.
    "And there's no map and a compass wouldn't help at all. Human Behaviour":)
  8. Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter First Round Draft Pick

TFD I'm still seein cross-eyed after our guys "gift away." Ain't none of em named "Santa" and this ain't the season for giving. Our guys have awakened and unleashed the outrage I had last year after LBJ lined each of em up in a neat little row, and systematically proceeded to spank each one of em's azz real good. PUBLICLY!!

Yeah, I'm in touch with my feelings alright. :gun1:

I'm deeply disturbed about what we just witnessed. "Outraged" does not adequately describe my feelings!! Our "starters" should be workin on their 4th ring right now, and need to "start" playing like it.​

The only "talk" that needs to happen is for somebody (the fans?) to DIRECTLY express what our expectations are. First on the list is GO TO WORK, Dammit!! Remember that slogan? They can't do sheet if they don't show up!

I'm seeking help alright. I'm seeking the help of every like-minded Piston Fan to raise wholly hell about such a DESPICABLE performance!! If we let em slide, they're gonna give us another one.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

That dba guy...he either loves polls or he needs some friends and a big mug of beer...
  10. detteam

detteam All-Star

Those feeling 'confused' or 'nothing' should join the team huddle around Flip during timeouts. Reminds me of a song:

Been dazed and confused for so long it's not true
    Wanted a coach, never bargained for you
    Lots of people talk and few of them know
    Soul of our coach, could this badly blow

You mislead and confuse tellin' all of your lies.
    Run around KFC and get you some thighs.
    Sweat twitchy Flipper, we know where you've been.
    Gonna hit the road finally, how long has it been?

Every day I work subpar, bringin' home my lofty pay
    Your coaching's so poor, you chased Ben away.
    Don't know where you're goin', only know just where you've been,
    Pick your nose twitchy Flipper, but don't flick it again.

Been dazed and confused for so long, it's not true.
    Wanted a coach, never bargained for you.
    Take it easy coach, let them say what they will.
    Will your tongue wag so much when Joe cans you for Bill?
  11. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

I like the coach. I also like your ditty...Good effort. Now the players need this kind of effort...
  12. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Hat, I'm not going there...we lose in the 1st RD. Time to do a little boarding with the Wings.
  13. Ozarkruffrider

Ozarkruffrider First Round Draft Pick

NICE!! I'll never listen to another Classic Led Zepplin song again without thinking of this one!
  14. brofmfa

brofmfa Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Blues, that was the only word came to me.