AI Benched! Rip To Start the Rest of the Season

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Mossberg, Feb 27, 2009.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

2. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Utah Jazz fans will never be able to do that. :MusicBigGrin:
  3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It's the same people jumping (not many people) on me over and over again specifically AI fans; AI/Piston fans who IMO are a little over the top. I can partly blame AI and list 500 other things that are wrong with the team/players, and the person responding to my post has tunnel vision and latches onto the comment. Someone even commented that they don't even think that anyone reads my post before they launch in their AI response. Then it becomes this long debate about AI and all of a sudden i'm labeled as spending all my time being critical of AI.

To say i don't criticize anyone else couldn't be farther from the truth. In the last few days alone, i just wrote a long post criticizing the core's leadership ability, I've wrote many negative things about Stuck, ripped apart Dyess' defense, Curry, completely lost faith in Joe, and even called out Rip for his awful shot selection. I go on daily rants about the coaching and our line-up. But hey i guess people see what they want to see and whatever suits their argument.

It's not just me that feels every comment about AI is magnified to the 100th degree and that's why it seems like such a bigger deal than it is.

In the height of the AI debates, i would have never continued posting on these boards if it wasn't for the numerous PM's i got where some felt the same way but didn't want to argue with fans they thought were being irrational or have to deal with the hysteria and another person who really explained something about some posters on this board (not bad or good).

I can easily go around pointing out a posters (no one specific) bias' or go around following any person that makes a negative comment about a player and make it look blown up to epic proportions. Everybody has a player they don't like. I've just never seen a player that has caused such a backlash when anyone makes a negative comment about him, and not just to my comments. I don't think i'll ever understand the blind devotion to AI.
  4. max

max All-Star

I recall when Larry Bird 1st came back to the Palace as the new head coach of the Pacers and got a standing ovation. He said after the game something to the effect that he would have felt more at home if the Piston fans would have booed him like they used to.
  5. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Ben Wallace.

But you weren't here for that.:MusicBigGrin:
  6. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Hey i understand that some people dont like AI's game and thats fine with me..there's never going to be any player in the league that EVERYONE loves...but yea there is going to be people coming at you when you say bad things about AI, because AI is arguably the most popular player in the league next to kobe and lebron, and has been for years now.. You only need to look at this years All-Star voting to see that.

I can only speak for myself when I say its not even a big deal with me having a discussion/arguments about certain players. I do it with my friends and family and its one of the reason i love going to the barbershop hahaha...I dont take it personal and I hope you dont either.

The only thing that does irritate me and it's probably why you get more heat from anyone LP...is you say comments like "I don't think i'll ever understand the blind devotion to AI" . Which can come off as you implying if AI fans dont agree with your point of view it must be because we see no wrong with AI, and we must have some AI shrine hidden somewhere in our house with pictures, candles, jerseys, old pieces of chewed up gum we stole out of AI's garabage lol, etc..

Maybe you dont care if we take it the wrong way and feel thats our problem..and thats fine I just wanted to explain why you might feel like you get so much heat for your AI comments..
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I actually was. And Ben Wallace had his supporters (me included), but it was nowhere near this level. I remember The Low's defense, and one other prominent Wallace defender, but saying Wallace decline or we're better off without him did not set of a chain reaction of 20 posts.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's all fine and well, but the backlash from Pistons fans is what surprised me the most. All of a sudden protecting AI was priority #1

I'm not referring to all AI fans when i say that or AI fans in general just some of the posts i've encountered on this board where people won't even debate AI's game. And maybe i'm oversensitive at this point because i don't like feeling attacked.
  9. Darth Tater

Sorry, I thought you weren't here. I wasn't sure, but I guess you've become more outspoken since then (that's a good thing).

I'll have to disagree though.

People didn't even DARE to make anti-Ben comments. That's why you didn't hear them...until the end.
  10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Never apologize for an ethical base that has made you a mirror maker in a world of superficial manipulation that will never cast a shadow.

In a world of camping. All are drawn around the fire pit. The leap of flames surround all that look into a soul. That soul of flames is your life: past, present and future. All flames are a mirror reflection into a archetype past that questions an order of your placement within the spheres.

Don't worry, you are on solid ground.
  11. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Thank you pass. That is very lovely. Like poetry. It calmed me down. :nod:
  12. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Remember that Darth, the anti-Ben people were incredible. Never heard many negative ben comments until he was gone.
  13. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

Not to make this an Avery thread, but a lot of young coaches get there comeuppence when they've been let go for a few years. I believe Avery will come back a lilmore wiser to wherever he ends up.
  14. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I agree ? LOL
  16. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That was beautiful. The camping. The flames. It reminded me of a more serene and happy time.....

[​IMG]
  17. Darth Tater

Time to sing Cumbaya?
  18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You're my mirror maker.
  19. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Well Captain Hamilton has spoken and backed it up with stellar play and leadership. The team looks like last year team with Stuckey playing an inconsistent Billups (playing good one moment and then off another, but good enough for a crunch time win.)

I can say two things here. Either you keep AI in street clothes until they lose :smoke06:

or you limit AI's minutes when he comes back to 25 .....
  20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

I know I shouldn't overreact to two good wins, but damn this team looks like they could do some damage in the playoffs. I know the Pistons won't realistically cut their ties with AI, but...