AI, Hamilton both to start

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by AI IS GOD, Jan 13, 2009.

1. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

My guess is that contrary to popular opinion, MC is not clueless, he has a vision but there is a catch: this vision might work only in perfect surrounding.

MC has probably idea what those smallballers should to do but in real life under stress, under emotions, at the heat of the moment, etc "perfect" schemes are impossible to carry out.

:mmph::mmph::mmph:

2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We shouldn't need a perfect scheme to beat Charlotte.

3. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

This ain't about one of them coming off the bench anymore, it's about team chemistry and roster imbalance. The composed the way it is, is seriously flawed. With Rip and Sheed on the sidelines we had our young guys stepping up and really starting to develop. With Rip and Sheed back we get very little Max, Amir, AA and Tay went from being a legit all-star at the SF spot to a glue guy again. Even if AI or Rip go to the bench, they're not going to accept a lesser role. We keep mentioning how we have 2 SG's, the reality is that we 3 sg's and only have room for 2.

4. Star Jones

Star Jones First Round Draft Pick

I think this is more about Richard and Tayshaun than any other players. If Tayshaun is the one Detroit is going to keep, then Richard is the one who has to go, because Tayshaun will always defer to him and usually at the times when he needs to takeover.

Seven years is hard to erase.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It may be a bit of an overreach to declare that Tay will always defer to Rip just because he emerged when Rip was already established on the team. Tay is a very unselfish player and he over-defers to everyone at times. That's why he's the "glue guy" on the team and why he was able to fit in with the Olympic squad.

6. Star Jones

From an outsider, I think Tayshaun has an evil, greedy inner child that flourished when the trade first occurred, settled down a bit as the point forward and then came flying back out when Richard was injured.

Personally, I don't mind evil, greedy inner children, especially if the ball goes in the basket. But, I think Tayshaun is better without Richard and Chauncey. I don't think he defers to either Rodney or Allen, I think he sees himself on equal footing in this offense.

7. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I can't see Tayshaun as evil or greedy...I mean, have you seen the size of his suitcase? I'm thinking he's a pretty modest fellow.

8. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I remember that picture.:laugh:

I wonder if he was transporting the Curry family jewels to the airport?

9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

You get extra lox with your bagels for that one.

10. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I see your point about the crowd, but it's not a roster problem IMO. Your last line is the point. It's a problem in the way the coach uses the personnel. There is no reason Tay/AI/Rip have to play 40 min; none. And i think that Tay bit might be a little overstated. Since CB has left he's been aggressive. The problem last game was we had Stuckey/AI/Rip on the floor at the same time with Tay/Sheed. No one knew what to do with themselves. We're overloading the floor with all our best offensive weapons at the same time. It's stupid and ineffective, and what makes it infinitely worse is it forces players out of their natural positions.

If you break up the guard set and make it AI/AA and Stuck/Rip or even AI/Rip regardless of who starts; who doesn't Prince can be effective. He's proved it playing with Stuck/AI and he proved it playing with Stuck/Rip in the two previous games.

The main problem right now is players feel entitiled to a specific # of minutes/role, and the coach doesn't have the balls to tell them otherwise.

11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We were thinking that there needed to be more competition within the team for roster spots, and now we have the ultimate.

12. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

What, pray tell, are lox?

13. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

14. Pwn Toney

Pwn Toney All-Star Forum Donor

15. Star Jones

I was being facetious. Usually your inner child is the opposite of what you are, so I made Tayshaun's evil, greedy and thrilled to shoot at will. Like this guy: :nerner:

16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I wish they had smoked Chubs in Idaho. I did get some when I was in Oregon a couple years ago. Awesome!!

[​IMG]

17. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I am over Chauncey leaving, but at least he allowed us to have a stable starting lineup. We have been so solid with our lineup the past 5 years that we took it for granted.

That lineup may have been predictable with the slow-mo offense, but I could at least always predict a good rate of efficiency. The getting used to the trade period has long been over and I want to see some results. Beating LA and Cleveland in a game is not results. We could easily have done that with Chauncey in the lineup too.

18. RipBillupsRJC

RipBillupsRJC Second Round Draft Pick

I miss Chauncey. And Flip. At least we had some balls back then. Big, arrogant, twitchy balls.

19. himat

himat Bench Warmer

I accept it. We are rebuilding. We have been trying to act like this is still the same great, tough team we used to have but its not. The two players who started that team, Ben and Chauncey, are gone. We have no identity. We keep acting like we have that old tough grind it out mentality but now it looks like we are the exact opposite.

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Me too. And God no to the 2nd one. Besides if we had this roster w/ Flip he wouldn't be any better. Not only would we play SB, but Walter Hermann will be the new Mo Evans.