AI out at least two weeks

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Omaha Piston, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

That he didn't take his ball and go home because he wasn't starting or something along those lines.

2. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ok. I wasn't sure what you were reading between the lines.

Maybe he did. If he did, then Joe has to be in on it, and they are taking this tact to avoid public whatever from whomever.

I don't think we can compete without AI in the playoffs, but like I've said all along, if we play hard, I can live with not coming out on top. It's when we dog it and act like a bunch of wimps that I get ticked off.

3. Ernie the Slow Adult

I think I agree with all that. I'm not sure it would work playing him 20-25 mpg, but would at least like to see it.

Isn't it kind of odd that he did this 2 weeks ago and he had numbness in his legs but it wasn't reported until 2 days ago?

4. roscoe36

Warriors don't cry a lot.

Now maybe that's an accurate depiction of AI, and maybe it isn't. But I've seen it before.

5. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Darko [strike]played [/strike] got in 34 regular season games for us in the 03-04 season and got a ring... Hunter played in 33 and got one, Mike James played 26 and got one, Sheed played 22 games for the Pistons and got one.

Even ultimate best dressed behind the bench Tremaine Folkes got in 36 games that season and received one. However, he may have already sold his on EBAY to get a ticket to Europe... So yes AI who has played in 52 Piston games would get a ring iiiiiffffffffff that possibility ever occurred this season and he was still on the active or inactive roster..:hand:

6. max

max All-Star

C'mon - if you believe this then I have some nice real estate to sell you.

Seriously though. We all know how the NBA works. Can't say that I am happy about it or that I am not dissapointed in how AI is handling things. He never asked to come here in the 1st place so I guess we can't be too hard on him.

Suppose there is a chance that things may change but for now its likely that - The AI era is officially over. Time to move on.

7. Ernie the Slow Adult

You don't think they should try and re-sign him? He's the face of the franchise.

8. max

max All-Star

I am not down with thinking we are better off without AI. It is what it is. Looking like AI does not want to come off the bench.

9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

And do tell what that has to do with being right about Rip?

I've been right (and wrong), but mostly right =) about alot of things. I don't see what's wrong about wanting to stick that in there after the endless drama this board became when there was speculation about AI not wanting to come off the bench (and conversely Rip being a selfish evil player we should trade) and people were saying "don't say anything until you get facts, quotes, AI didn't say that" I do find it entertaining that alot of those same people (not Ernie; felt the need to say that b/c his AI comments are a thing of beauty) are now speculating that AI could be faking.

10. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

My Piston sources have told me the following....

1. Expect AI to be out at least a MONTH.
    2. The team climbs back into SOLID playoff contention.
    3. The goal is now a first round home court advantage.
    4. AI is ALLOWED to play later in the season, off the bench.
    5. He handles the ball and becomes the go-to guy on the 2nd unit.
    6. He becomes a hero for being a team player and improves his image.

Pistons get back to the ECF and lose to the CAVS. AI is released at the end of the season, with his image intact, in exchange for not playing for 1 month.

11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

That's a little screwed up if true. You can't "ban" him from playing if he's healthy, but i guess if that's the deal and they both agree . . . still doesn't sound right.

I heard something else, but i don't know the validity of the source so it's probably internet spec.

12. roscoe36

I was pointing out your false modesty originally. Then I pointed out that you're not always right with the link.

Because it's quite petty.

Some of us are bummed out that this might mean we don't make much noise when it counts. Unlike certain forum members, some of us believed we had a chance this season, and don't give up on the team in the first quarter. Being right (if it is even that) might be important to you, but it isn't important to many of us if the team doesn't do well. It's hard to take intellectual satisfaction from losing. It's a "get mine" attitude.

But really, no one knows anything about the AI situation, beyond speculation. I've always found that declaring some sort of victory based on speculation comes back to bite one in the butt.

I thought you had learned that during the Boston game.

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Thank You. I wil be sure to return the favor.

I don't see how it has anything do with taking intellectual satisfaction from losing. Unlike the people you are referring to i believed that Rip in the SL provided us a better chance of winning and i was annoyed watching us lose with AI in the SL.

I take satisfaction in being "right" and the team doing well. My happiness stems from us winning and to a lesser degree us winning partially w/ the line-up i wanted to see and have been getting criticized for. If Rip was in the SL and we were still losing, we would be in the exact same position as before and you wouldn't see me posting about how people underestimated Rip b/c we'd still be losing.

It seems that some AI fans are just bummed that he wasn't the "answer" and he's not starting. Does AI off the bench give us a better chance of winning? Possibly, but highly doubtful since he won't play 25 minutes. Saying we won't make "noise" w/o AI is an assumption i'm not sure i 100% back especially given what this team looks like w/o him.

My point was the same people who were criticizing people for speculating about AI's mood about coming the bench are some of the same people speculating that AI is a faker. I was just pointing out a little hypocrisy not declaring a "victory"

14. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

I'm saying that because of the some of the comments Tay made and the fact that this team is obviously playing harder with Rip starting...

When AI first got here he said that his teammates will know that if they look to their left in the foxhole he will be right there next to him (or something like that lol)...basically if his teammates don't give AI his all why should he give them their all??

15. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I think it's a stretch to say that now they're playing harder. Maybe the difference is they are now back to playing the same style of game that got them to 6 straight ECF, back-to-back Finals appearances, and one title? They are really really good at that, and now they get to do it again. Why criticize a pianist who sucks at the trombone for rocking the piano once he goes back to playing it again? Wow. That was one great analogy. I'm just full of this insightful stuff today. Look at me! It's all free, folks.

16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bball has a momentum aspect to it. When the game is close, it's easy to draw more energy. When you are making defensive stops, it gives energy. The crowd has been a booster too.

These guys want to win every game. They weren't happy in the least with all the losing we were doing. You could tell that it was making them feel very frustrated.

17. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Yea i think maybe its it's a thing were they weren't as confident with AI starting and then when Rip got back in the starting lineup I think it almost rejuvenated them, especially seeing how well their team was clicking with Rip back starting...

I guess i'm saying if I were in AI's position I could easily confuse that rejuvenation with them playing harder or being happy that I'm not playing..

18. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Fair enough. Hopefully that is not happening.

19. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I understand, but I still see that as an insult to AI...maybe true, but I don't think so. AI has more character than you are giving him credit for.

It seems like everyone's piling on AI now that he's down.

20. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I feel the "piling on AI too", and I bet AI is feeling it too. Joe gambled with this year and lost. Hoping AI can get his health together and helped the us pull an upset or two in the playoffs. He is still needed on our team. Maybe the right move would have been to send AI to the 2nd unit instead of Rip. The drama that is ongoing would not have lasted this long.