AI out at least two weeks

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Omaha Piston, Mar 4, 2009.

1. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

If AI can get back quickly and anchor the scoring for the second unit; we will make some noise. It just depends on if they can get some kind of chemistry going with the games that are left after he comes back.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I think sending Rip to the bench revved him up, put a new chip on his shoulder. His crazy effort actually started when he was coming off the bench like he had something to prove and it is continuing on. He's running around like a man possessed and has been getting to the free throw line a ton (playing tougher). His defensive effort has been upped.

With some guys, the opposite would have happened. They would have protested by playing with less effort, not more.

Maybe MC should pull this trick with Tay, and Sheed to see how they respond too. By the time the playoffs roll around, we'll have a starting lineup of angry former Champs looking for blood.
  3. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Is it possible that AI stepped up his diva game after being around Rip?

I think this is a natural feeling for AI though. He doesn't strike me as the most introspective sort. I have a quote on my desk at work from around 2000-01 were AI says something like, 'No matter what I do everyone is always picking on me and nothing I do is good enough' says Iverson shortly after singing a max contract, getting a $100 million dollar endorsement contract with Reebok and putting out a profanity laced rap album filled with homophobic slurs.
  4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I love this. Yawn city on the Good Ol' Pistons return to themselves. I want Amir. I want AA. I want Kwame. And of course, I want AI. I hope he comes back at least long enough for me to get more of him on video in a Pistons uni. Pluse they'll have plenty of close-up shots of him to try to exploit the drama of it all. This is good rather than bad for me, as I really like Allen Iverson closeups! He hot.And I hope they don't cancel my back-ordered AI jersey most of all.

To AI and the Pistons: Please don't shut down AI until I have my jersey in my possession. Hang in there, AI. You can do this bench thing for 16 games and then, you're outta here. Pistons and Joe: don't you dare. You've messed this up for AI and yourselves about as much as you can.

If anyone thinks we are going anywhere with the Good Ol' Pistons, guess again.Whatever fire they may be accessing now (due to embarrassment and pain of losing) is likely to be long gone in playoff contention. Remember how we have to beat the team 4 times out of 7 games? Let's see the same team (except for Stuckey, who is the only real difference) that everyone in the league has been playing for three years? Oh wait, they're OLDER now. We keep forgetting that.

Maybe after we drop and or trade a few more of the illustrious core, we can get around to building a new team. I'd say lose Sheed and Rip. Let Tay be the only vestige of the past. He's passive enough to adapt to change. That would be my prescription for this summer. Trade Rip. Lose Sheed and AI. Do over.
  5. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

So what the guy has issues. You are referencing 2000-1? Gimme a break. You are such a hater. On ignore.
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

My homophobic rap album didn't do too well either. Probably because I'm white. Because I'm white.

So much discrimination in the game keeping my talent supressed.
    But that aight. But that aight.

... still working on the other verses. It's gonna be big though.
  7. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Wait. Delayed reaction here. You have this quote on your desk at work? :confused: Is it framed like the picture of a loved one? Great quote too. Like none of us has ever had that feeling and voiced it. Man, you got it worse for him than I do. Different, but just as bad.
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

I don't think anyone on this forum actually hates AI. It's just there is little evidence he fits with the Pistons.

jmo AI is spectacular...a human highlight reel. If pro ball was 2-on-2 he'd probably have multiple rings.
  9. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I've got to disagree with you, my friend.

It's obvious to me that several people on here cannot seem to distinguish between A.I. the basketball player and A. I. the human being (or less than such if you believe them).

No, I think their hatred is quite evident and very real. I won't speculate as to where it comes from. Not my place.

I am not sure what they are trying to accomplish here with their secret mission. But I wish they would take it somewhere else. I don't use the ignore button on anyone for any reason...but if I did I would place the haters on it.

It's really getting on people's nerves. I know I speak for many. Do something about it people...before the decision is taken out of your hands.

:sssh:Don't say I didn't warn you.
  10. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Hey Darth...

I remember back to when Memo was nursing an injury and there was all kinds of specualtion that he was being secretly benched for various reasons. I know it has happened with other players too.

When an athlete gets injured there is is this sports mythology that team players play through injury. Especially if it's something like a "sore back" which is such a cloudy diagnosis. So, I don't think it's AI in particular being singled out...even though some of the AI fans like jewel have turned on him a bit.

To me if you hurt your back it's just smart to wait until it feels better to start playing.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

As someone who thinks that we are heading toward a dead end without AI, I am very curious and hopeful about his return and his new role. Even though our level of play has improved without him, it isn't Championship calibur. We don't even have a large enough sample size to determine whether it is a high enough level to get to the ECF... I suspect it isn't even close.

It's a combination that we haven't tried and it is one that I think makes the most sense on the drawing board. So, I just want to see it in action. I have no doubt that AI has an injury and that he is going to wait until he thinks he is at a level where he can be a help to the team and where he won't risk reinjury before he returns. When he does return, I have no doubt that even though he may not be happy with his role (like Rip), he will play as hard or harder than before to prove that he's comitted to winning and that he's better than he's been getting credit for.
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Can I order this via the web? I'm feelin' this.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The only thing I'm missing are the other verses, the beats, the street cred, and the financing. But those things take care of themselves usually once you get a good starting verse. Are they called verses or rhymes? You can probably tell I'm a newcomer in this genre.
  14. detteam

detteam All-Star

I hope so...but you'll probably have to play it backwards cuz ur slow :D
  15. Ernie the Slow Adult

Is it even possible for a doctor to determine that someone has a "sore back"? Isn't that something a patient would tell the doctor?

I would respond to Aurora but I'm not sure how this ignore thing works. The think on my desk is something someone gave me that talks about the bad boys of the NBA. I think it is from Maxim and it features AI, Sheed, Derrick Coleman, JR Rider and Vernon Maxwell. It is awesome.

Ironically enough Mad Max talks about missing games because of a family problem but goes on to say he was, 'playing golf, drinkin' brews and just wanted some time off.'

D Coleman's says, 'It's unfortunate I can't function as a normal member of scoiety.' after he was arrested for urinating in the middle of a restaurant.

Rider was busted for smoking weed out on the side of a highway out of a coke can.

Sheed's talked about his techs in an, 'expletive filled interview at the All Star game said, I don't care what you write. Say I killed the president, it don't matter to me.'

I use a thumbtack to keep it up. It is red.
  16. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Hold on a second Ernie, you mean that some NBA players are dysfunctional idiots, who can't even relate to average working people, but seem to operate in a moral vacuum where the rules don't apply?

I don't buy it. Not for a second.
  17. detteam

detteam All-Star

18. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Yeah..you're really stretching it Ernie (BTW Kim, Ernie just posted one of the most complex, interesting, amusing and educational posts I've ever read that includes a part about urinating in a restaurant and you're missing it).
  19. detteam

detteam All-Star

Speaking of condemnation of public urination...anyone seen Cloud lately?
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

No, but you can be sure that he's out there somewhere doing things the right way. It's like Larry Brown is his life coach. Perfect fundamentals, no short cuts. That's why Cloud is a championship contender and most of us are perpetual first round losers. :loser: