AI Wants to end up a piston??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by AI IS GOD, Feb 13, 2009.

1. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=11548

2. markie8002000

markie8002000 First Round Draft Pick

Never expected this coming.

3. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Willing to stay in Detroit for probably the mid-level exception if you make me happy (utilize me more) on offense.

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Done. :nod:

5. lovingj

lovingj First Round Draft Pick

Intriguing.

6. DeetroitDynasty-e

DeetroitDynasty-e First Round Draft Pick

...Not to rain on anyone's parade

But with this Miami deal, Detroit is one of a very select number of teams that can actually offer AI more than the mid-level this offseason...

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

If AI is willing to play for the MLE, he can play for anyone in the L. Every team will be able to offer the MLE. And with his capacity to draw ticket and jersey sales, it is a no-brainer to toss that much at him.

So the question is, how much MORE than the MLE will it take?

8. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

9. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I thought our crowds were down this season.
    I thought we weren't playing good since he's been here.
    Interesting play will not bring in the average stiff to the Palace.

10. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

DO IT!!!!!

It will be so sweet to retire #1 AI. Chauncey can just get his name.

11. Patron

Patron Second Round Draft Pick

Maybe because of global economic crisis and .500 record thanks to curry. Jersey sales say otherwise.

12. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

AI is the least of the current problems with this team.

13. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Oh, but it doesn't matter if we lose every game as long as it's INTERESTING, right? :nerd:

14. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

This comment by AI does not surprise me. Likewise, it should not surprise Joe and I am sure that a deal could be worked out.

Two glaring factors about this team:
    1. The guards (Stuckey and AI) determine the win-loss record of this team.
    2. Rip has shown that with the right combination of rotation mixture,and motion offense, he can thrive.
    What is the course of direction for this team? In my mind, everything has to be up-tempo. The league, the fans, and the players all want motion. Only a very few coaches have the depth, experience and understanding of any form of motion patterns. Essentially you have the Princeton Offensive and the Pick-N-Roll Offense.

There is only only one coach who has the offensive mind-set to carry out any form of the aforementioned offensives. It takes a very even tempered coach to pull this off; especially, when dealing for a mixture of experienced and youthful talents. A mind set of calm persuasion is everything. Another talent to uncover is one where the coach has been mentored from within the experimental corridors of college coaching.

This organization needs the right coaching stabilization to satisfy this direction. I would go after Eddie Jordan. He has all the tools and is a natural fit. Curry may discover and developer his coaching talents 2-4 years hence. Detroit can not wait. JD needs to make the move now, if this is the direction he wants to aggressively take. You need to let future players know that the solid abilities of the Piston organization will now stabilize on the right system. You begin to recruit player value, along with accountability/expectations that deliver these goals.

15. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

i would not be surprised even if this has been agreed already. I don't think Rip would have been sent to the bench had the organization not agreed in advance about AI future as a piston.

16. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Go away AI. There will be a team that offers him more money, and hopefully he will take it. He can take his "defense" to another team.

Doesn't he want to win a championship ? We are rebuilding.

Why ? I'm being completely serious. Why would it be so great to retire AI's jersey ?
    Even if he stays here, IMO the only place his jersey is getting retired is Philly.

17. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Go away AI? That sounds childish. He's already paid, and I bet he's tired of moving. Same reason McDyess got tired of moving.

And I want it retired for my future AI jersey will be significant.

18. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I don't see how if Dumars' plan is to retool via trade that he doesn't trade AI. Trading AI allows them to get their desired piece plus something else. Trading Sheed means throwing something else in to make it work.

If I could only pick one of the Piston guards then I would probably choose AI. If you choose AI you got to commit to him fully and DET isn't set up that way. He is never going to be an efficient player and the Pistons are basically getting the worst of him by dipping one foot into the pond.

There is no system in place defensively to help any of these players, but since AI has come aboard it is way too easy to put DET in disadvantageous situations on D. Again, this is more than AI. Teams are isolating Rip regularly now. You need defenders and spot up shooters to go with AI and DET doesn't have those.

19. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

So what? I couldn't care less what AI is tired of doing. Last i checked this was the Pistons not the Iversons; making moves that are good for the team are more important than satisfying a player's happiness (one who hasn't even made any significant positive impact on this team)

-----

Maybe you're jersey will still be worth something just on it it's own b/c IMO the chances his jersey is retired here are slim to none even if he stays. He deserves it in PHI. He was the main player on that franchise for a long long time.

20. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

The Pistons won't retire AI's jersey for playing one season here and doing nothing of significance. This is a class organization, we don't retire #'s like say... Miami retiring Jordan's #23 (WTF?) or Orlando retiring a #6 for the fans.