AI Wants to end up a piston??

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by AI IS GOD, Feb 13, 2009.

1. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

Obvious to who?? It just seems like your whole basis for your arguments is because AI hasn't won a title yet that means he "cant play team ball" or he can only play with "very specific personnel".. because as I said before it's not like AI is like T-Mac and has never been out of the first round...Iverson has made the playoffs most years except for his first couple seasons and the years he was hurt for a big chunk of time..

Have you been watching AI before he got to the Pistons (Looking at his career stats dont count)?? If you haven't then how can you base anything about AI off this season?? Nobody would look good on this poorly coached team..Rip doesn't look like he's playing team ball anymore than AI...Sheed doesn't....or other players on this team...

You complain about AI fans jumping on you whenever you say something about AI and its probably because we have watched AI his whole career and you've just been watching him this one season and all of a sudden your making these broad statements about his whole career when you don't really have anything to go off of besides a season with a Michael Curry coached team (lol).

2. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Will Bynum is the real answer! at least tonight.

Why isn't he our point guard more often. Obviously the Billups trade was disastrous and Stuckey is not a complete point guard yet. Bynum might be that person who will get us in the playoffs.

Will is unguardable off the dribble....I've played against him

3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

title of this thread should be changed "AI wants end to Pistons?"
    :gun1:

4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I agree.

Have you really played against him? Did you try to force him to shoot the ball?

5. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Are you serious? Obvious to anyone who's followed his career. Talk to a million fans even PHI ones and they will tell you exact same thing. I watched AI in PHI; in DEN i watched him the first season he was there including the playoffs against SAS. I stopped following DEN, but i did watch the PO's the SAS series;LAL series. He played fantastic against SAS offensively, but got lit up by Parker. I also remember Pop saying that they don't care how much AI scores and will let him dominate the ball because that lead to a better chance of SAS winning.

I'm talking in terms of winning championships or being on a team with perennial contender status every year. Your reasoning because he's made the PO's and gotten out of the first round that his game translates into being successful. And I don't see how anything i said was off base.

AI is a unique player.

He has huge defensive shortcomings.

He needs specific player around him to compliment his game offensively and defensively.

And his game hasn't translated into team ball because everywhere he's gone he's needed to dominate it to be effective which leads to a reduced and sometimes detrimental role for the other players on his team.

These are all well known things to anyone who's even remotely followed AI's career. Every team he's been on, you'll find good percentage of fans who will tell you the exact same thing.

You're saying that nobody would look good on this poorly coached team, but AI looked the same under Goerge Karl, and the same under Larry Brown. He's always played the same way. Even he'll say that he feels that the offense running through him is the most effective strategy. The last few games have been very AI-esque to me esp SAS. It's great when we can almost win the game by himself, but that's not going to cut it.

Believe it or not, i used to like watching his game. He's just not the type of player i'd want to watch on a team i follow because i just value different things. I don't need to be wowed by an amazing circus shot or numbers. I just want players that are effective on both sides of the court. It's hard for me as Pistons fan to not see winning tied into defense.

Maybe because he's your favorite player, you don't want to admit that alot of these things could be true. (I have that problem all the time with Sheed) At some point if AI wants to win a championship he's probably going to have to acknowledge that it's not everybody else, but the problem lies in part with him. Or he could just go to a non-contender team and play the way he always has.

6. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

He wasn't shooting...drove every time..and either shot over the help or passed out. 3 on 3 game

Didn't know who he was at first..first time he blew by I thought I was caught off guard..second time I was like ok I'll stay in front of him this time...blew by like he was 3x faster..third time i gave up...and i've had people call me lindsay hunter for defense..

7. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Bynum is extremely quick. CP3 didn't have a chance to keep him from driving. Also, Bynum is blessed with crazy hops, so he can finish in the lane when most guys with his size and quickness wouldn't be able to.

Pretty cool that you go to see if first hand.

8. Jewelz0376

Jewelz0376 First Round Draft Pick

The way I look at it is this...no matter how good of a player you can't do it alone...people were saying the same kind of things about Jordan until Pippen came along (and im not saying AI is on the same level as Jordan..just using him as an example)....You can't tell me there has ever been any season where AI hasn't taken the talent around him as far as he could..

Last year with Denver he finally played a full season with a team that had great talent around him and he dominated the ball...which MOST great scorers do...and Denver was one of the best offensive team in the league...and AI had one of his best invid seasons averaging 28 on 46% shooting..

So no AI hasnt looked the same under Karl or Larry Brown

And saying there are "millions" of fans that feel the same way you do doesn't prove anything because I can find just as many that disagree with you..heck I could find fans that would say Jordan is overrated or Kobe can never win without Shaq..or any other kind of nonsense out there

We are going to just have to agree to disagree on this one...You say you can't have an efficient offense with AI and I'm saying you can...