All Free Agent Transactions (NBA + Pistons here)

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jun 30, 2009.

1. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

Re: All Free Agent Transactions (NBA + Pistons heMinnesota Timberwolves forward Mare)

I am pretty sure he didn't turn down the offer. I believe it was a qualifying offer that the Bobcats decided not to extend to him.
  2. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Re: All Free Agent Transactions (NBA + Pistons heMinnesota Timberwolves forward Mare)

Ahh, Sonic you are correct, I misread the information, thank you.
  3. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

People shying away from AI

Grizzlies are out for A.I., same for Clippers? - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

Man, he can't even finagle a starting spot on the Memphis Friggin Grizzlies. AI is done!
  4. hitafreethrow

Re: People shying away from AI

What a shame, he truly was a great player to watch.
  5. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

Andre Miller has agreed to terms with the Portland Trail Blazers, agent Andy Miller has confirmed to the Daily News.
    The deal is believed to be for two or three years with a starting salary higher than the mid-level exception of $5.8 million. Portland had $9 million in salary cap space meaning the Blazers did not have to do a sign-and-trade with the Sixers.
    The Blazers turned their attention to Miller when they could not finalize a deal with David Lee of the New York Knicks. Negotiations with Miller picked up speed in the last 24 to 48 hours.
    “I think this is a good deal,” Andy Miller said. “I think it is a great deal for the marketplace.”
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Good for them. I think he's a good leader for all the talented kids there. If we didn't have Stuck, I would have recommended him for us.
  7. G-man

G-man Starter

Portland Signs Andre Miller

Blazers sign free agent G Andre Miller
    Associated Press

"PORTLAND, Ore. – The Portland Trail Blazers signed veteran free agent guard Andre Miller to a three-year contract on Friday.

Miller, whose NBA career has spanned 10 seasons with four teams, averaged 16.3 points and 6.5 assists as a starter for the Philadelphia 76ers last season.
    "I'm just looking forward to the challenge, you know?" Miller said in a conference call. "I know Portland wants to accomplish a lot of things, and I want to add to that."

Miller joins point guards Steve Blake and Jerryd Bayless with the Blazers, the second-youngest team in the NBA last season. Portland won 54 games and advanced to the playoffs for the first time since 2003.

Miller has played an NBA-high 530 straight games. He has missed just three in his career."

Blazers sign free agent G Andre Miller - Yahoo! News
  8. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Portland should be pretty good this year. I don't think they'll challenge Spurs and Lakers, but they should be pretty good and getting better.
  9. CarlosGallan

The Raptors have agreed in principle to a one-year deal with free-agent center Rasho Nesterovic, according to sources.
    The contract is worth the biannual exception, roughly $1.9 million.

Ben Wallace home return is more possible today, with Rasho in a very upgraded raptors from last seasson(play off team for sure),we only have a cheap center option,i wish he will return to give us 10/15 minutes per game,veteran fear the fro¡¡¡¡¡¡
  10. mikhail1973

Deseret News | Latest Boozer rumor: to Knicks for David Lee
    Could Carlos Boozer end up in a New York Knicks uniform?
    A scenario is reportedly being considered by the Knicks in which the team would sign restricted free-agent forward David Lee and then send him off to the Utah Jazz in exchange for Boozer, according to a story published by Newsday.
    Lee acknowledged feeling frustrated by the fact he remains unsigned by New York so deep into the free agency period.
    "With the four years of hard work I've put in, I'm just frustrated this thing hasn't gotten done yet with the Knicks," Lee told Newsday. "It's been frustrating enough that it has caused us now to kind of look at other options."
    The Knicks have not made offers to either Lee or their other restricted free agent, Nate Robinson, so far this summer.
    A potential trade for Lee could cause an interesting conundrum for the Jazz, since both he and Paul Millsap play the same position and have comparable statistics. But such a move would undoubtedly prove to be popular with the team's fan base — given Lee's reputation for solid defense and hustle play.
    Lee led the NBA with 62 double-doubles last season and averaged a career-high 16.0 points and 11.7 rebounds for New York.
  11. CarlosGallan

A first step for a rip Hamilton for lee+expiring player Trade with jazz? I hope booze-lee trade would be on,they have AK and millsap,don´t need lee but they could deal for rip if they clear one second salary.
  12. mikhail1973

Pistons cannot take on more salary than Hamilton's, so I'm not sure how Utah can clear the second salary.
  13. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

well, well, well, in dropping Capp Spayce era Knicks tries to outrun falling Capp Spayce? Idiots.

What do they think? They may have room for two max salary but even then they need solid role players. Solid, I repeat.
  14. mikhail1973

Just ask LeBron. :yellowprison:
  15. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

One of my favorites besides Carter in Toronto, T-Mac in Orlando.
  16. mikhail1973

Free Agent Roundup

The list of teams interested in signing Allen Iverson reportedly includes the Clippers, Grizzlies and Heat.

Miami seems to be loading up for a run at the Eastern Conference title -- in the hopes of convincing Dwyane Wade to stick around after next summer. They're looking at Iverson, at Lamar Odom, at Carlos Boozer. While you might not agree that AI has a place on a team with title aspirations, the reasoning makes some sense.

The Clippers and Grizzlies, on the other hand, both feature young guards whose development would almost certainly take a step back if Iverson arrived.

The "Iverson sells tickets" idea out the window, we've left with the other prevailing assumption about the Grizzlies and Clippers: they make bad decisions.

In other news...
  17. hitafreethrow

Ohhh thank the heavens, has there been any official word on the Rasho signing? Please let me know if there is.
  18. mikhail1973

If I remember correctly, he signed or agreed with Raptors.
  19. mikhail1973

As The Ink Dries Part 2: NBA Free Agent Signings 2009 Off-Season Rankings | Bleacher Report

[​IMG]
    Previous Ranking: 7. Current Ranking: 5
    Detroit brought back the assistant coach under Larry Brown when the franchise won a championship in 2004, John Kuester. He has worked with Dwight Howard and Lebron James in the last two seasons, and is poised to continue his success with the 2010 Pistons. The team also signed athletic big-man Chris Wilcox, adding length and energy to its new roster. They’ll need to add a backup point guard and a legit center before Deee-troit Basketball can be taken seriously again.
  20. mikhail1973