1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Am I the only one not excited on Draft Day?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pwn Toney, Jun 28, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Did Darko go back to the draft???
    :stirthepot:

2. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

Unfortunately for the Pistons it really is. The 2004 and 2005 Playoff runs were very exciting under LB, but the 2006 and 2007 playoff runs have been filled with misery and complacency

3. mikhail1973

I wouldn't call the runs being filled with that. The final series - yes, but not the runs themselves. Pistons still got to the conference finals. They managed to sweep a team for the first time in a long while. There were positives as well. The ending wasn't quite positive though.

4. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

I am not excited by our anemic media coverage of the most "pivotal" draft in Joe D's tenure. this draft is deep, we are at a crossroads of sorts. there's a lot to be said.

5. max

max All-Star

They are about due for some good picks. Maxiel was a good pick in 05, did not have a 1st rounder last season.

6. detteam

detteam All-Star

THAT has new Slippy cartoon written all over it. [sarcasm]I hope Tater doesn't lose his head again in the mêlée [/sarcasm]:pound:

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

yeah, pick #57 is pure geek stuff- you pick just someone completely unknown (except for geeks)and if he fails, no one complains. If he succeeds, you've got a great steal. Win- win!

8. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm excited. I love the NBA draft, not just to see what the Pistons do, but to see what all of the teams are doing. Great fun!

9. max

max All-Star

Its also a good way to get caught up on the new players.

10. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

No, but it will become one-heck-of a summer trading season.

11. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The excitement once again was overhyped for the Pistons, but fun for the third richest man in America >Paul Allen
    Blazers not only get top pick, but revamp the whole roster. Might be a year before they get it all together, but Nate may have a winner by 2009!!

meanwhile the Chat room excitement rose when it appeared that we may have had a chance to grab Al Thorton at 15 and then soured somewhat when our 27th pick turned out o be shocker AA.

Looks like a busy summer for Joe once CB signs as we got plenty of guards to trade to a forward heavy team.

12. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

The draft is boring if you look at it from the point of view of only your team. When you put the whole thing together there are a ton of things that make this draft interesting.

Portland the most trigger happy team in years trading away Zach Randolph and landing like 7 picks.

Seattle trading Jesus (Ray Allen) Shuttlesworth to Boston
    Golden State trading Richardson for Brandon Wright

These are moves that may change teams whole chemistry in a big way. Is Boston legit again with Ray Ray? Add Davis from LSU and they have some beef down low.

Golden State Do they beat Dallas without Richardson and his 3 point shooting (Baron Davis was the man but Jrich was no slouch) do they get that much better with Wright.

Yeah the Pistons in the draft is about as exciting as watering the lawn, but when you look at how teams remade themselves it is huge. I gotta say draft night may not be a all night vigil in front of tv but I love it.

13. mikhail1973

I believe Golden State went through on that trade due to salary cap. Richardson makes lots of $$$ and that was limiting GS.
    Portland got Oden and shipped out Randolph. They got Frye back, so it is not that bad. They got stuck with Francis, but you have to put up with some if you want to get rid of some...

14. max

max All-Star

It is hard to get excited when you figure Dumars had #2, #9 and #14 picks from 00-03 and nothing to show for it. Two guys playing oversees and one still uncertain.

He has been getting better. 05 was a great draft selecting Maxiel and Amir. 06 was a pass since we did not have a 1st rounder but dang near had a 2nd rounder ( Blaylock ) who almost was the backup guard. If not for Hunter he would have been.

I will reserve my judgement of the current picks until I learn more about them. Dumars did say that he did not want a project and if you factor in Maxiel and Johnson that puts us 4 deep at the PF spot so that would have been quite a log-jam if a PF had been selected.

Anyone like Al Thorton better than Maxiel or Johnson? If you do then you have a valid gripe. If not then he would have just been an undersized PF developing in the D-league.

15. mikhail1973

Joe seems to do fairly well when drafting solid players with solid college careers. See Tay and J-Max. Those were successful picks and Joe decided to go with what works.

16. max

max All-Star

Yes they are solid players.

I may not know a lot about the College scene but its seemed like every non-guard selected 10 and above was a project player.

17. linwood

linwood All-Star

True dat.

18. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Roscoe called it in advance. I can't say much more.:sssh: