1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Am I the Pistons Keeper?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 18, 2006.

1. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

What a day. The day after. I felt better the day after getting wasted when I used to drink, than I did today.

I stopped answering my phone after the game last night, folks were calling me from all over the country. Brother-in law form Atlanta, friends from Florida, LA, and Washington State all asking the same question: What is wrong with the Pistons?

How the hell do I know!

Upon awaking my 7 year old this morning, his first words were, did the Pistons win? It just wouldn`t have been right to spank that %%%%% soon as he woke up, but he honestly didn`t know. If he did.......

At work instead of bombarding me with taunts and jokes my co-workers had the same what the hell is wrong with the Pistons type attitude. I was floored. I shared what I thought was wrong, and then came the taunts, and jokes.

Hopefully when this season is over I can tell all those folks who are asking what is wrong I can say, nothing, after we have won the championship. That`s just how the Pistons roll.

2. detteam

detteam All-Star

It's gotta be hell being an outta-town Piston fan today. Us fortunate one's here in D land have at least had each other to commiserate with...but the office was really quiet today...

3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

My Raptors buddy came by today, started with "How you feeling about that!?" in a slightly more smarmy tone than I normally tolerate.

My icy glare of "eat manure and self-terminate" had him leaving in a hurry.

4. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

I actually got phone calls from my whole family. "Honey I saw in the paper that the Pistons lost again! What is going on, hon?" They aren't Pistons fans per se, but in order to have any kind of relationship with me they all have to be conversant about the Pistons. :eyebrows: They all knew that I would be completely paralyzed with shock and apprehension. Which I am. Anyway, I floated all the possible reasons for the 3 game loss: some of my own pet theories, and all the various theories I have picked up from this forum, which as you all know are many. And then admitted to each and all that "I have no %$#%^&*^ idea! None whatsoever!" :mad:

Dad: "Well, honey, if they don't make it, you put away your Pistons stuff until next NBA season, and get out your Cardinal stuff and start following Albert Pujols." (dad is always on a rotation of Fighting Illini, St. Louis Cardinals, and now Pistons cuz of me)

Mom: "Honey, when was the last time you left the house? Are you getting and doing anything other than following and worrying about these games?" and "Can you follow another team just in case the Pistons don't win it? What about that Nash guy you like? How's he doing?"

Sister #1: "Hon, they'll make it. Didn't you tell me that they play best when they have to and that your favorite player (Rip) ran around the locker room saying "This Is What We Do" when they pulled it out last time?"

and then the dagger in my heart

Sister #2: "Maybe they shouldn't have gotten rid of that coach that was such a drama queen but made them play great defense.":frusty:

After that, I went back to bed for another nap.

I'm not complaining. It's nice that everyone called over the past three games. I'm lucky that they tolerate all this actually.:nod:

But I'm glad I have pistonsforum.com. Went to bed worrying about the Pistons, woke up doing the same. Nothing but Piston Angst 24/7.

So yeah, I am the Pistons Keeper in my circles. And proud of it.

5. detteam

detteam All-Star

roscoe

Do you have aurora/Rip's "This Is What We Do" sound bite? If so, I think it would be appropriate as the clip for chat member entrance tomorrow night...AND for the rest of the playoffs! :nod:

6. roscoe36

Sigh, roscoe's work is never done.

7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

:ohwell:

8. roscoe36

How about someone finds it for me, and I will do the work to add it to chat?

9. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Time to rally the troops... cue John Belushi

10. aurora

aurora Bench Warmer

Roscoe Alert

I think this might not be possible to find actually.:mad: :confused: I think it was a locker room reporter after one of those games that said that that is what Rip was saying in the locker room. That he was thrilled with the victory and amidst all the reporters and aftergame stuff that he kept saying it over and over again. But This is What we Do. But This is What we Do. :nod: And when people were asking questions he kept saying it. So I think it may have just been reported by someone present. I myself do not remember him saying it on camera but he may have. It got some coverage I think because as usual the journalists liked it for color for the storyline of the win. It may have been a female sideline reporter too.

I have all playoff games from last year on videotape. I don't remember which game it was, whether it was the Miami Series, or the San Antonio (my hunch is that is was in the Finals with SA.) I will check my videos of those games. If anyone who reads this knows which game it was, that would be helpful. The more I ponder this, the more I think it might have been Game 6 of Finals with Spurs.

I shall embark upon the search. It will give me an upbeat Pistons project to pass the anxious time of waiting for our next example of What We Do.:fingerscr

11. detteam

detteam All-Star

AHHHHH...but consider your satisfaction whilst swilling pizza...as the Pistons THUMP Sir James and his merry men!

Time to bring the D back to DEEETROIT BASKETBAAAALLLLLLLL!

YA'LL WITH ME?!!! CAN I GETS AN AMEN?!!!

Have faith brethren of the cause!!!

12. majestik

majestik First Round Draft Pick

AMEN BROTHER!!!! Lets smack these pretenders and bring it home in game 7. Time to show everyone why we have been favourites all season.

GO PISTONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. crastinator

crastinator First Round Draft Pick

I'm feeling a bit like the Pistons keeper. I've been busy with a house guest. I figured this wasn't such a bad time, no need to pay too much attention to this series... just catch them in the ECF. Now I feel like its my fault for not reading every Pistons article every day, for not watching every minute of every Playoff game, for not following PF.com as I have been since the Pre Season (I mean, I was watching the rookies and Darko closely - - and now I tune out?! what's wrong with me?). But no more - - it just can't end like this, it can't end while my back is turned... that's just not right.

I believe.

14. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Re: Roscoe Alert

It was definitely the Game 7 win over Miami:

Rip: "That's what we do!"

(not an audio link, just a link to the ESPN Daily Dime for that day, which describes Rip running around and saying that over and over)

15. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I'm off today, so aside from my three mile run around Rice University and a 2hr workout and steam , I'll be online and trying to decide my choice of drink.
    1. Beer?...makes me very aggresive and losing makes me wanna lift a car
    2. Rum Punch?...angry and loud, but at least if we win , I feel like samba
    3. Wine? ...somber...will not talk to anyone for hours during and after the game

As far as Houston people go, they dont dog u in a NBA city because what the hell can 'they' say? (See T-mac)...I drink at a snooty jazz bar with Ollie Woodson(Tempations), Phil Perry and former Rockets like (bums u never heard of:laugh: although one of them gave me a shirt for my dad-Chucky Brown) and they got me good LAST weekend cuz we didnt sweep! They will KILL me tomorrow, win OR lose!!

16. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I think I'll put game 6 on . Good idea! I need motivation. "Hey..I love u guys!!!"

17. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

it's just awesome to see other people go through similar things with family and friends at work and that they can relate. i was numb and didn't leave my palace seat after game 5 until they kicked me out, and i woke up with a sick feeling in my stomach.

18. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I am still sick Hogg! here's what happened to me that night. I have to leave my walkietalkie Nextel on for CableTv outages so one of my co workers called me.."Greg?!!"...I turned off the phone and threw it out the window!........I went out to get out of the bushes, though........:P

19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Maybe we should all have something handy to throw (something unnecessary and unlikely to do much damage) in case of need. I certainly felt like throwing stuff on Wed. night. I occasionally hurled my couch pillows around at dire moments during last year's playoffs, but that wasn't good enough. Any suggestions? :eyebrows:

20. OLD SKOOL HQ

OLD SKOOL HQ All-Star

I usually jump up. doa 180 turn and pile drive myself into my chair!:mmph: