Am I the Pistons Keeper?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Dlev59, May 18, 2006.

1. jzchen

jzchen Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Out of 23 million population here, I don't think there are anyone who follow the Pistons like I do. Due to the time difference here (12 hrs with daylight saving and 13 hrs without), I always ended up in the chatroon during working hrs. Sometimes I have to wake up in the middle of the night to catch the game 'live' at the chatroom and yahoo gamechannel. Honestly, I felt that it's affecting my productivity at work but who cares??? To hell with work. As long as the Pistons keep winning, I don't even care if I get fired.

Well, at least you fellas have someone to talk to bout the loss. Me? I have suck it all inside. Just very frustrated. :frusty: Not a good time to have 3 games losing streak. No 4 games losing streak, please. :fingerscr

DETROIT BASKETBALL!!!
  2. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

When the pistons lost, I won't read the paper, watch ESPN or any other, sports channel.

Then I go to work, the first thing comes out of everybody's mouths, what's wrong with the pistons, I told you so. Or their are the other ones who just gives you that look and want to debate.

Then there are the ones who never say anything about sports the whole time you have been working here, but they are willing to get on the pistons lost bandwagon. Especially if the boss is anti-piston, this is the time to get brownie points.

When the Pistons play tonight, I will find a way to stay away from the television, I will just peek at the chat, if I see you gus saying, buup billups for 333333333333333333333 or someone else for 3333333333333333333333, or if there are positive vibes going on, I will then turn on the television.

I refuse to watch any sports channel until the pistons win and get up 2 games over miami..
  3. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Ah, that win last night felt soooo good. As I left work yesterday a co-worker yelled, "you ok?" I shot back that I was fine. He said, "I`ll hit you later on your cell". Now this idiot never really calls me. So I replied, "call me if the Pistons win too".

Welll, of course I didn`t get a call, from him nor anybody else. What a contrast from after the game 5 loss. Everyone wants to know what`s wrong after a loss, why not inquire about what went right after a win, A HUGE WIN at that.

It will be a joy to go to work on Monday preparing for my meal to start the ECF, and hear what my co-workers have to say. I don`t even want to think about the other scenario.

So I have accepted this awkward responsiblity of the Pistons Keeper, however, not just after a loss........you feel me?
  4. detteam

detteam All-Star

It's hard to be humble in victory after having people pounce on you in defeat.

Reminded me of a song by Mac Davis:

{Refrain}
    Oh Lord it's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way
    I can't wait to look in the mirror 'cause I get better lookin' each day
    To know me is to love me, I must be a hell of a man
    Oh Lord it's hard to be humble, but I'm doin' the best that I can

I used to have a girlfriend but I guess she just couldn't compete
    With all these love starved women who keep clamoring at my feet
    Well I probably could find me another but I guess they're all in awe of me
    Who cares I never get lonesome 'cause I treasure my own company

{Refrain}

I guess you could say I am a loner, a cowboy all locked up and proud
    Well I could have lots of friends if I wanted, but then I wouldn't stand out in a crowd
    Some folks say that I'm egotistical - hell I don't even know what that means
    I guess it has something to do with the way that I fill out my skin tight blue jeans

{Refrain}

:)
  5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Starter 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

@jzchen
    your words could be mine, except that my country's smaller :)
  6. Dlev59

Good evening folks on this ECF eve. It was a good Monday at the job today. My co-workers barely uttered good morning to me. "Why didn`t you call me", I asked Henry, the idiot that said he would call me. "I forgot your number", he replied grinning.

At that point I felt a need to rip him about the Pistons victory but somehow I remebered Micro`s post about "Humilty and Humiliation".

A calm came over me. To the surprise of myself and my coworkers, I said, "we haven`t done anything yet, it`s no time to celebrate"

Humilty.

Amazing what happens when you are humble sometimes, Henry actually shook my hand and said, good game, as if I had played!

The Pistons took me for a loop against the Cav`s, and the ECF will be no picnic, , so I will practice being humble this series because if the unthinkable happens (which it won`t) I don`t want - Humiliation!!!!
  7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Save all of your frustration as a Pistons keeper, and on the day after the Finals, should the Pistons win the whole shebang, spend $20 on USAToday, and leave-on-desk/hand-out the sports section to your co-workers.

I did that to an associate of mine 2 years ago when he wrote off the Pistons against the Lakers. Needless to say, he doesn't discuss the Pistons with me anymore! ;)
  8. Dlev59

I took off from work yesterday and today, and although it may look like I planned this (to not go back to work after the Pistons take Miami out in 7 games after trailing 3-1) I didn`t.

Wednesday I did the unthinkable, watched game 5, a possible elimination game with two Heat fans in my home. They were very repectful of course, but humbled when they left. A matter of fact i invited them over tonight to watch game 6, they declined.

It`s a sunny morning here in DC, looks like a great day, however, rain is in the forecast for later today. I am going to throw on a pair of jean shorts and my red white and blue Pistons Throwback, with brand new white sneakers.

The Throwback is tight, i`ts definitely a headturner. I love it when someone comments on it on the street, especially if from an opposing fan.

Less than 12 hours to game time folks. See everyone in chat later.

DEEEEEEETROIT BAAAAAAAAAAAASKETBALL!!!!