Amazing Video and Game footage news about the NBA

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jan 9, 2006.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Check this out...

*LINK*

and this (which is way cooler IMO)...

*LINK*

2. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

No pistons games and they were in the finals two years...maybe its the NBA protecting their merchandise since maybe the Spurs are still selling championship videos from 05.

I ordered a video 2.5 hours ago and it hasn't shown up. I'll let people know what to expect from this site as I get word from customer services.

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

this is great. do you get to download the game to your computer or do you have to watch it from google?

4. Slippy

My experience with the video.google.com site.

10:00 AM I ordered a Clippers/ Kings video. Cost 3.95. Some say its a little high. For me, it would be the only way I can get to see a full pistons game and it cost a heck of a lot cheaper than the $70 for the Golden state game.

I had to create a google account. I was able to purchase the video with activating my account. I don't know if that couse my delay.
    11:00 AM nothing. I email google help

2:00 PM nothing. I send another email to the help line...still nothing

4::30 heading home....one last look. nope.

5:45 PM...home at last. Hey its there....7 hours later. yay. i start the down load...it says 1.5 hours. file is 1 GB.

I finally watch my game at 8 or so. after the pistons squeak out another win.

it has all the commercials and the halftime mumbo jumbo.

it quality is decent. like a bad TV. The google player is ok. I'll give it a closer look later.

The file Does seem to reside on my HD. I have two files...i don't know if they are duplicates or if google needs two. I'm going to transfer it to my laptop to see if it plays.

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Please do keep us informed. I'd rather watch the games on my 20" monitor, but when I am hitting the road, the laptop could come in handy if I am waiting or bored.

6. Slippy

man I should proof read my posts. I meant that I was able to buy the video without activating my account which MAY have been the cause of the delay.

7. Slippy

ok. now I'm able to purchase videos and have it download instantly to my machine. Since it is copyrighted content you NEED an internet connection to authorise it with googles servers before playing. Currently you can't play the files off of an ipod and part of the reason is the authorization process.

incidentally, they had problems with the initial run of videos so I got a refund on every video purchase I made...so i got 2 free pistons games and a clippers game. :ohwell:

it takes a long time for the games to buffer because the files are roughly 1GB