Amir going to NBDL?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by ggazoo69, Oct 6, 2006.

1. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

You said, "poop." Huh, huh, hee hee.
  2. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Good to see you coming around.
  3. pass99

Probably the best organization in the NBA (from cap accounting, team and bench development) is San Antonio. JD could do a lot worse then to emulate this organization...which is probably the direction he will be heading.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I thought the same about San Antone two years ago.

Now I think he should be emulating the Suns/Raptors. But let's wait to see how the Raps make out this year with a North American coach and a half dozen Euro players.
  5. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Lottsa rookies = good trade fodder
  6. linwood

linwood All-Star

The Raptors are open for debate.

The Suns haven't won anything because they don't play D.

In my opinion.
  7. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

It's easy to be great when you've got Duncan, though SA has certainly been smart in surrounding him with good players.
  8. roscoe36

I'm talking about off the court linwood. Business, drafting etc.

The way the Suns have been run over the last 4 years is impressive. The radical makeover, euro edition in Toronto this offseason, also very impressive.

For such a hot destination, Detroit hasn't signed anyone of note in the last two years. Apparently the lure of a title is not as attractive as money and playing time.

There are things the Pistons could do better. How they handle Johnson and next year's picks will set the tone for the next decade of Deeeeetroit Basketbaaaaaall.
  9. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

Hey, look at us!
  10. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

A championship is a tenuous thing, cash is guaranteed and anyone with at least one eye will understand that you have a better chance at 10 min/game than 20.
    If it were me, I'd like to be part of a championship team not just ride the coattails of others. That really doesn't mean anything. Especially if I was a good player.
  11. hack

hack First Round Draft Pick

true about amir and next year's picks. That's a good bit of perspective. Good think Joe got his humbling and knows he's gotta get to work...
  12. Superstarov

Superstarov First Round Draft Pick

I still think the "Amir at the 3" people are being EXTREMELY optimistic.

He's probably playing the 4 or maybe the 5 in the DL, depending on his teammates, so what makes anyone think he has the skills/shooting/passing/IQ to play the 3?
  13. Hobbs

Hobbs First Round Draft Pick

He's definitely not going to be a 3. If he never grew or bulked up from the moment he entered the league then it was possible, but he did. At the 4 spot he'll be able to outquick players and use his athleticism to great advantage and his jumper is probably even good for that spot (he looked comfortable from the corner 3 when he shot it last year-even if the shot looked ugly). We'll see if he can rebound and bang enough.

He's a better prospect than Maxiell and the playing time he'll get in the NBDL is big.

As for all the picks we have coming, well, don't count your chickens yet. If I had to guess, then I'd say we make a trade that cuts into those picks before this season is over.
  14. pass99

And they won’t do much as long as Tony Ronzone has their ear. This Time-media-hype-child is more interested in padding his image then doing his home work in an organizational framework. I am blaming at least 50% of the whole Darko imbroglio on his doorstep. The future is Euro and your own organizational learning-coaching centers. I hope JD, (whom many consider the best executive in the league) makes a clean break and starts building for the future with the right assistants.
  15. linwood

linwood All-Star

Roscoe:

I don't follow the business end of the NBA as close as you, so I will have to take your word for it with the Suns and the Raptors.

I can agree with you that the Suns have had a great turnaround and seem to have lots of fans very excited about their franchise.

The Raptors look to be up and coming as well. Amazing what losing a star like Vince Carter has allowed them to do. :)
  16. linwood

linwood All-Star

Scouting is huge. I don't think many people think about that part of the business. (I know I seldom do)
  17. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Amir is frikking 6'11&1/2 NOW!!!! What the heck....question is this, at that height with that lanky frame is he the next KG or Jonathan Bender or maybe a poor mans Bosh, guys (and gals) at 6'11 we may have a Sheed replacement.
  18. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Ha the million dollar question... my guess is he's closer to Bender before the injuries... this could be fun to watch... still not sure what position he'll fit... but if he can ball then who gives a sheet.
    Good to see ya back around my friend... now if you could bring Jwill, Gman, Ty & Jtrain around we'd be complete.
  19. Prophecy Revealed

Prophecy Revealed First Round Draft Pick

You could never replace the Need for Sheed.
  20. roscoe36

I honestly believe this to be true. I don't know if I like it, but I believe it. And yeah, as long as we have Ronzone, there is this perception that we have great Euro scouting.

I get Raptors TV. They have completely remade their roster around Chris Bosh with length, euro vets and athleticism. I don't know if they will be good, but stealing one of the premier Italian coaches to work in the front office gives them resources in Europe that other teams can only dream about.

I think the Pistons have good domestic scouting. I also think they squander some resources during the developmental stage...

But one day, we will have to.