Amir hurt

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Lee356, Oct 6, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

It is my opinion that the "Big Guy" issue is being over played.

Even on those teams that have, heavier centers, (which is what we are talking about, because AJ is almost 7' right now and probably still growing) a lot of them are not very good.

Even if they are good we will use the zone press a lot more this year. This will prevent in a number of cases the other team from getting a good low post setup and in those cases when it doesn't they will get into their offense late in the clock.

Their is no doubt that AA and Hot Rod and maybe even Flip can play the zone press effectively. I am not that sure about Rip and C-Bill, even though Rip definitely has the energy to do it.

Bottom line everything will work out just fine and the cream will rise to the top because of skill and not just because of being heavier.

[​IMG]

Photograph from Patrick Krohn

www.krohn-photos.com: The children
    :hoops:

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

While I do understand your sentiment about Mohammed getting paid all that money and it going to waste, I do not agree with it. The fact is we wasted it the day we signed him to the contract. This business about using Mohammed against bigger centers is non-sense. Last year, we had Dale Davis for that. Dale himself was not really big enough to be thrown against the bigger centers in the league, but he got minutes in that situation on occasion-while Mohammed sat. Why did Mohammed sit? Any center can brush Mohammed out of the way with the slightest effort. The bigger ones only need to glare at him.

3. buddahfan

4. buddahfan

From MLive 10/11/07 12:16 AM

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

5. buddahfan

KRISTA JAHNKE'S BLOG: Amir Johnson out a week; rookies face big test from Saunders

6. buddahfan

HOOPSWORLD | NBA News, Rumors and Information

If there is a high risk of injury when doing polymetrics, why would someone who is already injured do polymetics stuff?

plyometrics: Information and Much More from Answers.com