AMIR IN STARTING LINE-UP???

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Pistons Lover, Sep 19, 2008.

1. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I think you're going to be pleasantly surprised, Sheed, etc. The best part is we finally get to see what this team is really made of. If Curry sticks to everything he says we can finally retire the Amir Darko-esque threads. Although i fully expect the season to start with, "Amir sucked for two games, i knew he was a bust!", or "Amir had 15 rebounds; HOF here he comes!" LOL

It's the same team, but not the same team.
  2. max

max All-Star

re - I fully expect Sheed to act like a big babby and start openly defiying Curry in no time. Hopefully I will be pleasently surprised and this does not happen.
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

remember sheed was at the press conference when he was announced.... after the comments about sheeds shape. I think we'll know all we need to know about the respect level sheed has for curry by the shape he's in when we start camp in a couple weeks. If curry can gain the respect of the vetererns like he seems to have gotten the kids.. they will have a general they will follow into war.

Flip would be like the wedding planner, makes suggestions and shows all the nice looking things but when the marriage is falling apart he doesn't have those answers.
  4. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Good point round. I think Max is just setting his expectations low so he doesn't get disappointed.

Let's see how Sheed comes into camp, and I really appreciated that the coach has to be the general. It's true. Even with Daly and Zeke, Chuck was the general, and Zeke was his best soldier.
  5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Yes indeed.

However, at times a combative one!!
  6. pistonsfan

pistonsfan First Round Draft Pick

For a team who has been the bridesmaid for last 3 years, 2nd or 3rd position in the (weaker) easten conference is nothing to gloat about. The goal should be winning the championship and I don't think they are anywhere close.

I still think they won the 04 championship too early and without too much struggle (unlike 89, 90 pistons). That screwed up something in the player's psyche. You can't blame everything on Flip although I agree Flip is partly to blame.
  7. Nemo

Nemo Pun Master Forum Donor

Have to disagree with ya there. Zeke gave Daly all he could handle. He often defied plays sent in by Chuck. I'd say they're both Leiutenants, fighting for power.
  8. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

i do remember Sheed working on his shape before the start of last season. I can't remember how many pounds he lost.

My worry is how much pose and composure would curry have when playoffs start
  9. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

He lost 25 lbs while managing to look exactly the same. I think it would help Sheed if they didn't ask him to play center also. They kind of want him to guard the Rashard Lewis' and Dwight Howards of the world simultaneously. They still got one foot in the pool with Kwame.

G7 of the '05 Finals was on NBA TV yesterday. DET ended the 1st half with a line-up of Elden Campbell, Hunter, Rip, CB & Tay yet were passing the ball around like the Globetrotters. They ended up with Hunter hitting a layup off a pass from Campbell. No one from SA fell down, nor did anyone on DET blow by his man. They moved the ball and got an easy shot. If you replaced the offensively challenged LB with the mastermind Flip Saunders, it would have been a shot clock violation no ifs ands or buts about it.
  10. max

max All-Star

Thing is we are not going to hear about it until after the fact.

We will know its happening if he refuses to shake hands with Curry before games and sometimes refuses to join the TO huddle, ways that he treated Flip basically.
  11. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

No not really!!!

Curry going 'back to basics'

read the part that says "Curry has already talked to Rasheed Wallace[​IMG] about coming to camp in shape, and they have mapped out a plan to maintain that conditioning throughout the season. Wallace, who has been at the practice facility most of the summer, has complied."
  12. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

but always respectful in each direction... and don't think thats the case between players and coach in any regard the last 3 years...

your going to hate the message at times, but you have to respect the messenger.
  13. Dlev59

I guess respectful meaning not calling each other out in the media. I certainly remember Daddy Rich calling a play during a timeout and Zeke telling him what play he was going to run.

Now I don`t know if that was disrespectful or not but it is different than what has been going on in huddles as of late.
  14. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

But that means we will know about it. Sheed does not hide his emotions well or at all. Watch his attitude around someone who pushes defense and/or isn't a push-over, it's night and day. What coach that he played for has bad-mouthed him? He's still has a good relationship w/ LB, Cheeks, etc. Hell even Flip has only make underhanded comments at times, another sign of his personality not being conducive to being a great coach.

I'm not really sure why you think Sheed is going to turn on the coach; Because he disliked Flip? If so he should get in line with the other players that did who's "stuff" was behind the scenes and not publicized. Sheed by all acounts is in shape, supporting Curry, wants to stay here, and ready to go . . . I don't see reason to be pessimistic.
  15. max

max All-Star

Its a contract year so we do have that working for us. Going by past history Sheed has been a problem with every team he has been on except for 04 and 05. 04 being another contract year.

Things like dissing the coach before games is a lack of basic social skills. Sheed needs to grow up in my opinion.

I do hope things go well because unfortunatly we are in a position where we need him to be.
  16. Dlev59

IMO I don`t think Sheed cares to much about this being a contract year. Let`s face it, it`s not like he is playing this year for a max contract.

I am not saying another team, perhaps a contender wouldn`t want him, and he knows that.

Furthermore, Sheed wants to win a ship before he calls it quits in this league, with his talent there would be plenty of takers after this season unless he suffers a serious injury.

And a pay cut or no pay increase probably wouldn`t bother Sheed in the least.
  17. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Not exactly. Maxiell and Amir have played here and there as a pair of forwards. You do not need to think of either one as the power forward. They just choose what works at the moment. But what if Maxiell is the power forward? He has a lot of strength to hold his ground. With active guys like Amir and Sheed out there with him, hey, that would be good enough. You would see a whole lot of helpside swats.

Now, as for being big: Stuckey, at 6-5. Prince, at 6-9. Amir at 6-10, JMAX at 6-6. Sheed at 6-11. Ain't small.
  18. Pistons Lover

Pistons Lover First Round Draft Pick

Not a real Pistons fan cause when you are you believe and I'm believing. I don't care what any other person has to say but I believe that they will win the championship and WHEN they do, don't be the FIRST to say that you were backing them cause you weren't! The Eastern Conference is not weak or weaker than the West. I'm so sick and tired of everyone saying that. I, on the other hand, love to watch basketball games that has grind it out action and great defense. I don't want to watch a game where both teams has a hundred thirty points and it's about to start halftime :pound:!!!! I want to watch REAL BASKETBALL!!!!
  19. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

The West is getting weaker. Kings (Lost Ron Artest), Denver (Gave away Camby), Warriors (Big Issues), OKC (Not playoff contenders), Spurs (Age) and T Pups (see OKC) are still all weak.
  20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

But problems with a coach, and problems with getting technicals are two different stories.

--------------

Then half of the players lack social skills. Kobe, Melo, Iverson, even Nash has done it.