Amir Johnson - Detroit Piston Tracker

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Apr 13, 2007.

1. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons Blog

instead of the 'head cold' excuse from blakely, mccoskey actually got the scoop and a quote from flip, saying he made a mistake and should've played amir, rode max too long, and that sheed could've closed out better on okur.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What? This is weird.

So the official explanation after all of this is that Flip screwed up?

What a surprising conclusion. Was the head cold thing made up, or just exaddurated? Why is McCoskey so angry at us?
  3. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

McLOSER has to go down as one of the worst journalist ever.... waits for 2 days of people asking to put out his version of what happened hell i will believe NOTHING that the mans says unless he's got a interview tape of the person saying it.... he can't do his job and gets mad at fans talking about the team? and wondering whats up.... LOSER. I guess we should just turn the tv watch the game and when the game is over do nothing till the next game but read his "great" writing?
  4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Chris McCosky = Flip Saunders' publicist.

...Pathetic!!! :loser:
  5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

OK, so he was taking advantage of one of our worst defensive players and so he would have really taken advantage of our best defensive player? Solid rationale there.
  6. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

well at least he said SOMETHING and got real info out of flip, compared to ZERO information from anyone else
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

a real reporter would have asked the dang question in the post game interviews for all the world to see on the news later.... the way it was laid out in his "big breaking story" flip said it without the question coming up....

I think my 5 year old niece who doesn't know the first thing about basketball (i know have to work on that) could do a better job at digging for stories then this loser.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

yah but there were plenty of other reporters that could've asked about it as well
  9. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nooo! Say its not true Warthog! haha :pound:

Warthog = McCoskys publicist
    McCosky = Flips publicist

Hence:
    Warthog = Flips publicist (2IC)
  10. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I wonder why newspapers are dying? They treat the reported like gold and the readers like dirt.

Flip couldn't play AJ because Maxey was playing well. This is why I love Flip, he lives in such a simple world. He couldn't sub him for Sheed or Dyess and leave Maxey out there? After all these years of coaching he can't tell when a player is tired yet?

What would happen if, God forbid, they put AJ in and they got some easy scores? That never occurred to him once in the second half while they were rolling up 17 point quarters? Apparently not, he was too blinded by Maxey's 11 point 2 FG masterpiece.

I estimate that at least 65-75% of the time Flip speaks that he absolutely floors me. He's like a slower Mr. Magoo.
  11. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

More like stupid rationale. There was a few comments under a Blakely article about Amir. Did he feel pressured to say Amir had a headcold?

More Flip excuses. The man could write a book, and i need McCosky to shut-up. That 10th man in the rotation should be the the first big off the bench, maybe even a starter, and is our best defensive player next to Sheed.

I don't get it. Is he saying he couldn't put Amir in b/c the game got close? So if the other team makes a run Amir can't play?

Or is he saying he should have put Amir in to prevent the run? So if Amir can prevent a run, he can't stop a run?

And like someones mentioned are Max/Amir allergic to eachother? Or does Sheed need to play 20 min a half?

I have a headache.

Someone needs to translate this quote.
  12. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Flip Saunders: Benching Amir Johnson a mistake | Freep.com | Detroit Free Press

Flip says he's sorry :pound:

Good job fans!

Isn't Amir our best rebounder? If he played the min Dice plays, he'd easily equal if not top Antonio's rebounding.

Flip doesn't get it. It's not so much anger over the 10th man as his shortening the rotation and exhibiting the same habits that led to our sucky post-seasons.
  14. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

The fact that Saunders admitted his mistake is a good sign.
  15. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Why's that?
  16. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Just like he admitted his mistake about not playing him in the 2nd half against Orlando. Yet, we're still here talking about an AJ DNP.

In a way, it's good for the long run that the Pistons lost this game against Utah. If we had won, Flip would try to spin it as justification to sit AJ when it counts. He seems to be convinced that there is no way that the Pistons could possibly become a better team when Amir's on the court.
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

18. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That rebound per minute argument made by Saunders was hilarious. You picked the wrong stat buddy.

Amir Johnson- 15.5 rebounds per 40 mintues

Tony McDyess- 14.4 rebounds per 40 minutes.

The fouls per minute argument holds some water. Except, Dyess chooses to not foul and gives up point blank shots when he's beat. I don't really want Amir to do that. When you come in off the bench, no layups.
  19. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

To be fair, Flip did say "over the last month" with respect to McDyess being one of the league leaders in rebounds per minute. What do the stats look like for that period?
  20. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

It really does boggle the mind that a lot of us seem to know more about players on the team than the coach. Think about it, this is Flip Saunders profession. Most of us all have other jobs that have nothing to do with the Pistons.

It's about time one of us became a stat and media advisor to Flip Saunders. (And someone who can whisper subliminal thoughts to him as well)