1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Amir Johnson - Detroit Piston Tracker

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Apr 13, 2007.

1. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I would've loved to see Collison in this draft. I think he has more upside than either Conley or Law. He's a tough kid who breaks ankles and drives and dishes. He'll be a high lottery pick next year.

I'm not sure if I'm in love with the idea of drafting Tomic. I've never seen him, but his "Highlight" film doesn't really impress me. He is tall though.

YouTube - #4 Ante Tomic Highlights

I've actually seen Stuckey play live a couple of times out here in Washington. He reminds me of a slightly more athletic Flip Murray. Can he play point? I don't know, but the dude can score, and he's got sick handles.

2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Amir should be our Tyrus Thomas right now.

3. adpreston1988

adpreston1988 First Round Draft Pick

NBA.com NBA Draft 2007:

Mo McHone, head coach of the D-League's Sioux Falls Skyforce believes if Amir Johnson had gone to Louisville, he'd be a top 10 pick in this year's draft. Instead, the Detroit Pistons tabbed the then-high schooler with the 56th overall pick in 2005. Since re-joining the Skyforce in late February, Johnson has put up eye-popping numbers, leading McHone to declare, "In Amir, I really believe Detroit got an absolute steal."

This is really good to hear and I hope Amir Johnson progresses into an NBA star. However, with Tayshaun Prince being the SF for the next 5-6 years where will Amir Johnson get his playing time?

4. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Amir needs to bulk up and he'll play PF. Also we could have Tay play guard in some game situations while palying Amir at the SF. If he is as good as advertised, I'm sure Flip will find him a place on the team.

5. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

You're damn right. He could definetely be an X- factor playing against Varejao. Unfortunately, no one seems to trust in him.

6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    I wonder if he could have the same influence Tay had in his first playoffs after barely playing during the regular season.

7. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This is getting me really POed.

C-Webb is playing like sheet. Dyess is not exactly lighting things up and AJ sits wearing street clothes instead of a Piston uniform.

I have no doubt in my mind that if he had played in the last two games that this series would over, done, finished, 4 - 0 for the Pistons.

Experience. How much does Gibson have. Yes more than AJ, but when the record books are written we will see who has the better career numbers.

Keeping him in street clothes, unless he is injured, just plain stupid.

:hoops:

8. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

He makes 4 good plays a game (I'm calling a 12' jumper from a former 1st team all NBA guy a 'good play'... Disgusting) and 30 bad ones...

I'm thinking Amir could at least go 50/50 good and bad... And I know Max and Dale Davis could do way better than that.

I'm beyond sick of this team, why didn't Joe pull the trigger and add a dynamic wing to this team before or at the deadline... :doh:

Just such a typical Pistons at their finest needless loss.

Dig a big hole, then play really well, then give up a slim lead then build a modest lead then piss it away with a vintage scoring drought and then give us false hope by nearly coming back while still manging to totally implode.

HIT SOME GODDAMN JUMPERS OR GO FISHING, IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

9. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Joe didn't add a wing because he's committed to Tay and Rip who will both be near 40 MPG players in the playoffs. Committing to a talented wing would have meant a fair sized contract and the obligation to play that player some serious minutes.

10. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

And not committing to a wing meant struggling to get out a near historically lame Eastern Conference and AT BEST getting smoked in the finals.

There were at least 15 extra minutes to go around as Billups/Rip/Tay were getting no rest and more like 25 if you take out some or all of Delfino/Hunter/Murray's minutes.

Choose your own adventure... Joe choose the page where the dragon bites your head off after toying with you.

Should have gotten Rashard Lewis/Maggette and mortgaged the future if need be, anything but Amir. At worst they leave after this year or next and you get the cap space back.

As we are seeing with Chauncey's play and to a lesser degree Sheed, the window of opportunity as a championship caliber team is very small...this year and maybe next and that is it with this core. He had a chance to put this team over the top and did the fans and his players a disservice by not doing it.

11. buddahfan

Don't forget to send him a birthday card

12. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Who? I meant trade pretty much anything but Dyess, Billups, Rip, Amir, Sheed.

13. buddahfan

Glad you clarified that.

I wouldn't trade JMax or Prince.

I just wouldn't resign C-Bill or C-Webb

CM is too good for the Clippers to let go

14. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Magette wanted out and didn't play well this year until after the deadline.

Prince I meant to put on the list, and Max would be tough to part with... but it may have been necessary.

15. buddahfan

I guess you weren't watching the same Clipper games that I was. He was hurt last year. It just took him a while to get going this year. In addition he started the year coming off the bench.

Maggette is signed through 2009. No way the Clippers trade him. Great idea for the Pistons, but it is only a dream. Nothing wrong with dreaming.

16. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Clippers: Maggette's Answer | HOOPSWORLD.com | NBA News and Information | powered by Basketball News Services

Los Angeles Times: Cliptomaniac Blog

It's All About the Art of the Deal at Trade Deadline - February 21, 2007 - The New York Sun

17. buddahfan

N.Y. Sun - That is like quoting the Enquirer

Blog - You can't believe anything you read on a blog.

Keep dreaming

Have a nice day

18. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Well, we all know how tuned in and rational you are *cough* bulls series *cough*.

This was a well known item, all I did was do a quick search to find some links...

Is Peter Vecsey a decent source he was on the block?

Spurs reject trade for Maggette - Rumors - NBA - Yahoo! Sports

DailyBulletin.com - Clippers on their own

19. buddahfan

Sam Cassell is finished. He could hardly put on a uniform in April. That makes the CM -SM issue a non-issue.

20. buddahfan

Now you are off limits, when you resort to personal attacks. This conversation is finished.