Amir Johnson missed the team flight

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by mikhail1973, Nov 10, 2007.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
  2. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

This ain't going to help his playing time on Sunday.

3. mikhail1973

That's for sure. Unfortunately, there is no other info on what's happened.

4. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Maybe Flip Jr. was supposed to wake him up and forgot. Again, no assist. :pound:

5. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Why were they flying to Portland? Maybe that was just a typo. They're playing in Seattle tomorrow night.

6. mikhail1973

Maybe the tickets were cheaper?
    :pound::pound::pound:

7. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He was probaby worned out from playing a whole quarter and overslept. He was not used playing that much....:laugh:

Hopefully he doesn't fly into Portland looking for the Piston limo...and they are in Seattle...;)

8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

This isn't the first time he missed the flight.

Maybe what happened is that rather than take the team flight he flew Amir Airlines straight from the Palace directly to the Seattle Center.

Maybe he just took another flight directly to Los Angeles since he probably won't play before then anyway, so why not take a few days and visit his family and friends and make a YouTube video.

From the news archive | Detroit Bad Boys

:hoops:

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound:
    :pound::p_welldone: Good one Buddha

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

not like he was gonna get playing time anyway ;)

from mccosky's blog:

11. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

He was probably up all night celebrating his PT with Nazr.

But Nazr, the true professional still made the flight on time.

12. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

From McCrapsky's blog

Even if he was running exactly on time? Why is that Chris?
    You know Amir wasn't changing that tire himself - probably doesn't even have a tire iron and jack in his trunk- he is "obviously" going to call somebody and wait like a good little rich 20 year old kid.

13. buddahfan

Running late.

McCrispy doesn't say how long Amir was sitting and waiting for a tow truck. I have never met anyone, even the most anal person, that will plan a drive to the airport and allow enough time just in case his car breaks down on the way. On top of that when you are single, which as far as I know Amir is, your life is just not as organized as when you have a significant other. That is how it is. Everyone knows that.

I had a friend for a number of years. A great father with a half a dozen kids, made $250K a year running his own business and always left for where he was going so that he would arrive on time to 5 minutes late assuming he had no car or other problems on the way to where he was going and he went a lot of places every day.

There are also a lot of people that are not time sensitive. I never knew either of my wives who are very successful career people to ever be on time for anything. It wasn't that they didn't care but that is just how they were.

The question to ask is.

Did Amir call someone in the Pistons front office once he knew he was going to miss the team flight and inform them of the fact. That is what we have a right to know. If he called then this whole thing is a non story. If he didn't call then maybe there is something worth while writing and talking about.

In the meantime McCrispy get a life and may your kids become bloggers.

McCrispy's comments aren't in my opinion as bad as Blakely's comments in his expanded story on the link below. Blakely's use of the term "Kid" in reference to AJ is just plain degrading and a really uncalled for cheap shot.

If you go to the bottom of the link you can see my comments to him about what he wrote.

I realize that Blakely may post on this forum under a another name or be friends with some that do post here, but I felt I had to comment what I did.

The story on the link below has been expanded with more detail and comments by Blakely from the original story linked at the beginning of this thread.

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

14. mikhail1973

Well, now only Krista remains out of the local "professional bloggers" who hasn't written anything of this nature.
    :MusicBigGrin:

15. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You are exactly right. It is a small thing, but it shows a great deal on the mature temperature scale. At this level, he will no longer have a dependency shadow as provided to him during his D-league days. There will be little tolerance from the front office for these mistakes since any obvious show of benign understanding will will offend the other bench players.

Injury, bench role, and lessened playing minutes will discourage him. If there was ever a time for another mature player to mentor him, it is now. This will not come from the coaches, it will have to be another player. Normally, this is where a respected leader will step up and provide wise council with some special tips on self-organizational role playing. The latter is the first (and most important) thing I notice that many youths lack and it is especially hard for those that are young, rich and surrounded by sycophants.

16. mikhail1973

Sheed needs to take Amir under his wing and teach him the intricacies of the NBA life.

17. buddahfan

I see no evidence of immaturity on his part on this. Every mature adult who drives a car has had it break down on the way to something that caused them to be late more than one time in their life.

If AJ called than it is a total non issue. In fact it could be the Pistons fault for not insuring that all their players have transportation in the proper working order to insure that each player does not suffer the [SIZE=-1]vagaries and vicissitudes of vehicular ownership.

Players get paid to play, not to be vehicular mechanics!!

If Davidson can afford a team plane and the plane mechanics are necessary to keep the plane flying safely, then he sure as heck can afford a team auto mechanic to make sure that all the players and coaches vehicles are in tip top running shape with good tires etc.

So if anyone should receive the blame for AJ being late it is Davidson for not insisting that the Pistons hire a vehicular mechanic to take care of his players and coaches transportation.

A lot of really wealthy people who own multiple vehicles have their own personal mechanic.

By the way. AJ was sitting next to Sheed on the bench during the Clippers game and Sheed was talking to him. Players usually sit in the same place from game to game. My guess is that Uncle Sheed is mentoring him. A few technicals from AJ wouldn't be so bad, would it?

[/SIZE]

18. himat

himat Bench Warmer

All this stuff with Amir and Stuckey has given a chance for Flip and Nazr to be showcased. Maybe this can get the Pistons some high value for them in return.

19. adonis

adonis First Round Draft Pick

wow Buda... McCrispy should be worried about his career. You can easily fill his shoes. but doing a better job

20. mikhail1973

I don't think showcasing two black holes is going to create any value.