1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Amir Johnson - Missing In Action

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 19, 2007.

1. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

I am shocked you strayed from the company line by saying Flip can't play the point. Now can you find any evidence anywhere that Flip Suanders has clue one about this?
    oops, I apologise -wrong thread for this.

2. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Looks like Dumars had that talk with Flip Saunders out behind the woodshed. Saunders has changed his tune majorly all the sudden. PS Anyone else find it odd how Amir dressed the very next game after the injury, and we were told "false alarm." And then the trainer states its the worst sprain he has ever seen. And now, wow, its sure healing fast considering how bad a strain it was. (Or was supposedly.) Or how strange is it that Saunders states that if Amir can play, he will play major minutes? Whats the point, hoping he reinjures it? He either has a serious sprain or he does not. If he does, then he should come back slowly, not all at once. Got to seriously wonder what is really going on with all this.

3. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It is a little strange that Kander deemed it one of the worst ankle sprains he's seen in quite some time, yet Amir is already back in action.

Maybe Arnie just hasn't seen many bad ankle sprains lately?

4. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I think Arnie wants to keep up his image. Worst ankle sprain he has seen in a long time and Arnie gets him ready for action.

5. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Good point. Maybe he was trying to take the pressure off of Amir too, so that he could recover in peace.

6. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

could you stalk him a little harder? :pound:

7. TWOTIMESRALPHI

TWOTIMESRALPHI Team Captain 3x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

How long has AJ been out? Since there is a difference between an ankle sprain and a flaw in the area of the ankle. I think, given that he only sprained his ankle on akward landing, he was out long enough.

8. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

From today's Det News.

Not good news regarding AJ.

It really looks like this injury is a lot worse than it was thought of at first, unless of course you think that Flip is just using it as an excuse not to have AJ have to earn his $3-4 million or salary for this year.

My guess is that it will be garbage time for AJ at least until Dec and maybe even later depending on how much garbage time he gets in Nov and if its enough to work his way into the rotation or not.

On the other hand it could be that Flip feels AJ did not work hard enough to rehabilitate his ankle the first two weeks after the injury and therefore is going to make AJ really work his butt off to get any meaningful minutes. If this is what is going down here it wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Wallace gets Stern rebuke

:hoops:

9. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

That means that two players that were heavily counted on to contribute in the beginning >AJ and Stuckey will get little PT in the beginning as we try to work them back in from the injury bug. Lets hope that Aflollo and JMAx get plenty of PT and Sammy makes the roster so that he can learn from both a & d leagues too.

10. buddahfan

As it stands at this moment I believe that the Pistons depth chart at guards is

Point Guard
    ------------
    C-Bill
    Hot Rod
    Lindsey

SG
    ---------
    Rip
    Flip
    AA

Unless Rip or Flip go down with an injury or Saunders finally gives up on Murray I don't see AA getting many minutes this year. I don't think Flip Sr. wants to play Flip Jr. at at the #1. On that I whole heatedly agree. Therefore, AA has to someone pass Flip to get any minutes other than garbage time unless Rip or Flip get hurt.

11. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    It looks like Pistons are planning on going with 3-guard option at this time with Afflalo and Hunter getting spot minutes. Not good at all.

12. buddahfan

I am not convinced yet that Murray will play the #1 with Hot Rod out, certainly not any more than is absolutely necessary. Though it is a little hard for me to imagine Hunter playing 15 - 18 minutes a game for over a month.

We shall see.

13. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Murray is the best option on the team - and he WILL get the minutes. At least that's what I think. The only other options are Prince and Hunter - neither are better options than Murray for different reasons.

14. buddahfan

I agree with Hot Rod out that Murray is the best option, but he is not a good option.

15. mikhail1973

DETNEWS | Weblog | Pistons Blog
    I don't know how much we can rely on McCroseky, but this is his take.

16. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

You are in the minority concerning this position. I look forward in seeing you post a few more thousand messages which will give you the right to be wrong.

If the pistons make it anywhere near the finals, many will have to recognize the positive part Flip Murray played. It won't go down well and we won't even mention that other Flip.

If Flip, JMax and Hayes play anywhere near their game talent, it will be hard to stop the pistons.

After their first ten games; I look for at least a .600 record. The key for me (in the first 40+ games) will be their home record. No ownership there means some trades have to be made.

17. KP

KP First Round Draft Pick

Didn't realize that being wrong was a privilege that had to be earned. Neither did I realize that all it would take is a few thousand posts to qualify me for that privilege.

In fact, I was wrong in a post just yesterday. I thought we'd cut Dupree and keep Mejia. But Bill D chose Joe to run the team rather than me for good reason.

Finally, are you suggesting that most people are thinking that in the absence of Stuckey that someone other than Murray will get the minutes at backup point? I wasn't certain where the disagreement was. It sounds like you think highly of Flip Murray's game/potential.

18. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

If Amir does not get SERIOUS burn this year I'm whipping some Flip ass myself.

If matchups call for Nazr you know that Nazi can give you the same generic blah every night whether he gets time or not. Amir needs the experience in a bad way.

hell put them both out there and let Amir's athleticism and Nazr's experience cover up the lack of that the other possesses.

19. mikhail1973

MLive.com: Everything Michigan

Not looking good.

20. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

I'm sick of it already.