Amir Johnson - Missing In Action

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by buddahfan, Oct 19, 2007.

1. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

FP:

I am all for it. Someone should text message Flip and suggest it too him. No seriously your argument makes sense to me.

I keep wondering how well AJ is doing in practice. We haven't read much if anything about that. Do the Pistons keep their practices, closed to the press, once the season starts, except for the obligatory interview sessions?

I remember having read in the past where a coach will upgrade a player's status based upon his play in practice. I believe that Flip might even have done this a few times.

It would seem to me that there would have been a practice today or one tomorrow so the coaching staff will be able to update their thinking about AJ including his ankle -Achilles and how they and the calf are now responding on the court. Hopefully all will be well and he will get some time against the Bulls.

:hoops:
  2. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

Yeah, if the media does have access, they don't seem to think it's news-worthy to say how the guys who aren't playing regularly are doing in practice (Samb, Amir, Afflalo, etc). I would imagine they will have practiced at least a couple of times since the Atlanta game, by the time they head to Chicago. Maybe Flip wants Amir to have a couple 100% healthy practices first... but the "he's fighting Maxey for minutes" quote and Flip's history have me cautious in believing that.
  3. buddahfan

buddahfan Retired from Forum

See my post this AM in the Rotations thread on the this mornings FREEP article by KJ.

:hoops:
  4. FreshPrince22

FreshPrince22 Bench Warmer

The writing was on the wall. We are now 23 games into the season (Amir has been ready and able to play for 22 of them), and he is still a DNP guy. Nothing has changed. All of the promises from Joe D and Flip.... and nothing. Instead we get Dice playing 30mpg. We're still just a team that would rather win a few more early-season games than try to actually improve the team and keep the vets healthy for a playoff run.