Amir Johnson - Sioux Falls Skyforce Tracker

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Slippy

Slippy All-Star Administrator Forum Donor

unfortunately thats life in the feeder league. comparing Amir to Nazr is apples and oranges. Nazr is a space eating C and Amir is a pogo stick without a real position.

Hopefully the Pistons have a vision for amir. will it be a big 3? a mobile 4? There are different skill sets that need to be developed so I hope they have him working toward a certain track.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

Lurk has found his niche... excellent coverage on the Skyforce... I'm glad you found the playoff schedule...
    So a win or two and Amir can get the best of the situation... big league play and pressure experience in Soiux Falls.
  3. LanierFan

LanierFan Bench Warmer

Sioux Falls splits its weekend series with the Fort Worth Flyers, losing tonight by a score of 116-99 after tallying a 101-93 win on Friday.

Playoffs for the Skyforce start on Tuesday, playing Fort Worth yet again. If they win, they travel to North Dakota for a game next Saturday. That would be three days after the Pistons' last regular-season game, so it is possible Amir could suit up.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Despite being somewhat invisible and not involved in the Piston's offense, Amir was still +1 in the game against a motivated Raptors team.

+11 in the first half and -10 in the last stint with Dupree and co.

That one post move, he had some nice footwork in getting by his primary defender for an easy bucket, but got surprised by the help defense (which was more athletic than what he is used to in the DL).
  5. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

It was nice to see Dyess scoring. But now as its pretty obvious Dyess has his shot tuned up, its time to sit him too for a game and let Amir and JMAX get all the post touches for a couple of games worth.
  6. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

That's just rude what they're doing to SkyForce.
  7. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

The Skyforce won their first playoff game tonight, which puts them in the Eastern Conference game on Saturday, so there's still a chance Amir could sneak in a trip back to the D-League before the NBA playoffs start.

boxscore
  8. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

The Skyforce playoff game was on NBAtv. I watched most of the 4th quarter and they were dominating. Willy B had some nice stuff going. He is shooting his free throws from about a foot behind the FT line. Pretty strange to see, but he was making them.
  9. lapeapod

lapeapod First Round Draft Pick

Amir Johnson would be a high lottery pick this year if he was thrown in the draft. He's such a gem even if slightly unpolished. I think his best position will be center and don't be throwing things at me for saying that. CWebb seems to me on a one year loan to pick up his ring and then retire. If Nazr plays center and he's a pretty slight build guy, then why can't Amir? He's not a power forward and with Tay holding down the anchor as a small forward with Delfino backing him up there won't be playing time anywhere else except center. Amir and Dice could share minutes at center, Tay/Delfino at small forward, Sheed/Maxell at power forward, Chauncey/Lindsey at point guard, and Rip/Flip Jr. at shooting guard. This is subject to change with trade decisions but Joe Dumars always wanted to have 10 really good players and all positions are covered and think of all the intriguing match-ups you could have depending on your opponent.
  10. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Amir Johnson could have been a lottery pick the year we got him if his academics were in order.

Amir Johnson can play small forward with Delfino at shooting guard. This bumps Hunter and Murray away from any shooting guard minutes. But which would you rather have, Murray (or Hunter) in the game, or Amir. I say Amir.

According to the summer league announcer from two years back, the body type of Amir puts him as a center eventually, after he fills out all the way. But that is then. Right now, he is a pretty good small forward.

For the record, we have still not seen a combination of Amir, JMAX, and Dale Davis. With this unit, Dale is the clear center, while Amir and JMAX can mix and match roles. Dale and JMAX as a combo is already something special. Now imagine Amir joining them at small forward to add shot blocking and rebounding-and more scoring, while Delfino plays shooting guard to add even more defense, rebounding, scoring, and ball handling. Blalock would be the ideal guy to run the show, dishing the assits all night long. (To inside players like Amir and JMAX, exactly where the ball is suppose to go.)
  11. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

I didn't see this at all from Blalock... it looked like he just walked the ball up and dumped it to a teamate... no drive and dish or transition game.... I was hoping to see a little energy in an important game.
  12. lurker

lurker First Round Draft Pick

Amir is not eligible to return to the Skyforce.

Apparently both the Pistons and the Skyforce were under the impression that he would be able to return, but according to the Argus Leader, the D-League says he he can't.

13. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    That's sad. I am sure that the fans and players of the Skyforce are upset and Amir would have enjoyed the playoffs and chance to win it all. I guess, he will have to do it in the NBA instead.
  14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

That's crap.

Granted I was personally hoping he would play for the Pistons throughout the playoffs, but I still think it's a shame the decision was taken out of Amir's hands.

Play the kid Flip. Play him.
  15. BillLaimbeer

BillLaimbeer All-Star 4x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm amazed that both Pistons officials and Skyforce officials didn't know the rules.
  16. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, me too. But either way, even though it's their own fault, it sucks for Amir.:mmph:
  17. Vinnie_Johnson

Vinnie_Johnson Second Round Draft Pick

What a bunch of crap we need to make it up to him by giving him some burn in the playoffs.
  18. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

It does stink, but I can't totally blame McHone for apparently having trusted a D-League official who told him otherwise.
  19. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Is that coaches' job to know all legal stuff? Shouldn't there be an administrator taking care of that? I would've thought so. Maybe not on NBDL level.
  20. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

For every minute Amire (typo but I like the sound of Amare:eyebrows: ) plays the salary meter goes up... I remember a draft night article saying Danny Ainge couldn't believe Amir was still on the board and he was trying to trade with Joe to get our pick...
    After Amir put up big numbers on his hand picked lotto team you gotta believe an offer is forthcoming