Amir traded?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by The Palace Artest, Jun 23, 2009.

1. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Tay, have to agree with you on this wholeheartedly. This is precisely my thinking. And it looks like Joe's thinking. He indeed wanted Iverson badly on this team.
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Re: You're mad as hell and just can't take it anymore..

I'm not seeing how my criticism of Joe means i'm labeling things black and white. Whether it can be undone or not is besides the point. His moves have beens subpar, and he just made a huge mistake IMO this year.

I'm criticizing what he's doing right now/has done. If that changes in the future my opinion will adjust accordingly.

I'm not going to sit here and start printing out "In Joe we trust stickers". I'm waiting to see what direction he's going in. Until then my opinion remains based on what's going on right now.

---------------

I wasn't referring to him.

3. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

It was the same team basically unchanged. Are you stating he's made moves over the years to keep the team in contention? If so, what are they?

I disagree. It's not obvious.

I'm not really sure what you're getting at here other than to imply my posts are mindless rambles.
  4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Re: Dumars the foiler...

Actually i don't think you do at all.

I'm not denying player responsibility. I'm saying that Joe is just as responsible for his hand in the last few years.

And if you're going to continue to give the players all the blame, then why are you giving Joe all the credit? By that logic, the players were obviously responsible for the title, ECF'S winning, etc

Joe brought back practially the same team every year even as people/results started showing a decline.
  5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Trading Billups or Johnson? I think Chauncey proved he was good for 10 wins and not 11 in the playoffs and Amir despite how much some fans love him, is relatively a nobody in the NBA and that is not completely without merit.

Neither are the rest of us. But the guys you like, aren't with the team anymore, so for a Pistons fan, it's moot whether or not to roll with Joe, because the Pistons will be rolling with Joe for the forseeable future.

There are probably people on this forum who don't like me (actually, I know there are) but they hang out here anyways because this is one of the better forums out there for all of the reasons not related to me.

And that's sorta the paradigm with the Pistons for a lot of us, and yeah, some are real JD fans, but if you read my posts and listened to me on the podcast, I am miles away from being a slappy for any player, owner or manager.
  6. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA

Yeah, Roscoe, you have to work on your people skills, or something.

Have a nice draft day.

:hoops:
  7. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Billups. More what he was traded for then trading him exactly.; although both were stupid IMO.

I don't criticize Joe b/c i want or expect him to get fired. I realize that good or bad, he is the GM of the Pistons, but that doesn't mean i'm going to stop saying a move he makes IMO sucks when he does something that well . . . sucks. I realize it's pointless in terms of changing the opinion of anyone who actually has any power, but hey it took me about 2 1/2 years to get sick of criticizing Flip Saunders.

Joe is just really testing my fan patience right now, but that doesn't mean i'm not still a fan of the team.
  8. G-man

G-man Starter

LP - I very much like watching the Pistons and like the primary core.
    I don't hold them responsible for the untimely injuries. I do recognize that the serious injuries in three of the last four years played a significant role in the series outcome.

The fact the it was our primary guys that were injured was unfortunate but thats the way the ball bounces. Having C-note immobile twice in three years was a back breaker. Playing late into the season in that many consecutive years aged our guys. It always ages guys on teams that make solid runs, it breaks them down. Add the Olympics in the summer and they essentially played year round. Ben, C-note and Sheed
    have been breaking down late in the season for three years running.

I don't adhere to the Officials and Stern were conspiring to do us in, though I do think we had an inordiante number of questionable calls go against us between the 2005 and 2007 seasons.

I give the players all the credit they deserve but recognize our team wasn't head and shoulders above many of the teams we played in the 2nd and third rounds. There was more parity than most would like to admit. Our edge was razor thin.

But once you get to the conference finals, you have to leave it all on the floor. There were games in the last years where the players didn't do that and that's their fault, not Dumars or Coach Saunders.

Dumars didn't help the team with drafts that brought us Rodney White, Dicko or Mateen Cleaves. In retrospect we shoulda found a way to keep Corliss in house for at least another year. He's made his share of mistakes. But on average, his strategy in adding players, changing coaches and managing the cash register has him in the upper echelon of the NBA. That's not disputable, it's not my opinion, it's a fact validated by the run itself.

Under his management, they made a 6 year run and I recognize and appreciate just how hard and special that now bygone era was. They all get credit and they all get some blame. I'm not mad nor do I feel cheated that we didn't win more championships. Sure I'd like to have healthy players in the ECF games. LeBron was simply unstoppable and Boston was fated. I see that for what it was, their years to win.

Retaining some level of objectivity while getting ones arms around NBA history in general and our place in it is the key. The sky isn't falling, we've just had some clouds move in...

I know we're both looking for a great draft tonight and some really interesting off-season moves. Go Pistons. Peace..
  9. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

The 'stirring pot' smilie (:stirthepot:) is generally taken as a sign of light-hearted banter. If I had known you would get so defensive, I would not have stirred the pot.
  10. roscoe36

Hater is a word that gets people worked up. I'm sure most people don't intend to be hurtful with it, but it generally works out that way, we had a few people get pretty upset about it last season.

I'd rather people didn't use it, because I don't enjoy dealing with unhappy members, and ultimately the fallout from bad feelings becomes mine, not the people involved in it.
  11. theWORM

Point taken Roscoe. I will be more sensitive from now on.
  12. G-man

G-man Starter

Roscoe..sounding a lot like a hater of haters..
  13. roscoe36

Thanks! :thumb:
  14. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

How can somebody not like the roscoe? Roscoe is a cool dude. :hoops::winner_first_h4h::graduate::love::captain::nod::victory::cool::thumb::king::thumb[1]::D:cop::lecturer::work::director::cheerleader::whip::canada::grouphug:

Yeah sometimes he has to bring out the whip and play good cop/bad cop, but he is just about the hardest working, most giving person I know. Seriously.
  15. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

Roscoe36 is the kindest, bravest, warmest, most wonderful human being I've ever known in my life.

(actually, that's an ironic reference)
  16. theWORM

And now buckeyes also has a brown nose :pound:.

OK, I'll stop stirring now.
  17. G-man

G-man Starter

"How can somebody not like the roscoe? Yeah sometimes he has to bring out the whip and play good cop/bad cop",

ah..the private lives of members and their erotic role playing needs be left off the boards buckeye
  18. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

I know you are kidding but since it did at least cross your mind, let me explain further to remove all doubt.

Roscoe and I go back a long way. He knows I don't pass out compliments freely. If you are wondering where I got that "most giving person" thought from, I have two sources. #1, he offered to give my son $300 a few years ago when he was in need. I can stop right now. That is enough for me. Period. But I'll explain further. #2, just look at what he has given to all of us around here. Roscoe being a giving person is just hard, cold, fact.

As far as him being the hardest worker, just look at the times at which he posts. Incredible. When does this guy ever sleep?

Ok, I do have one other reason for giving him props. As a teacher, I know how much a teacher gives to their students, and very seldom get any acclimades for it. So I am very sensitive to acclimades being overlooked. That is probably why it crossed my mind to say what I said. But I don't want any acclimades from you guys. It's always nice to hear it from students you bust your tail for though.
  19. theWORM

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you Scoe-mance! :MusicBigGrin:
  20. theWORM

OK. OK. Everybody loves Roscoe. He IS a wonderful guy. Thanks for being candid Bucky.