Amir traded?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by The Palace Artest, Jun 23, 2009.

1. Buckeyes#1

Buckeyes#1 First Round Draft Pick

:pound:
  2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Back in the day retooling didn't sound like a realistic strategy when it meant Terrell Brandon's backup, a skinny "tier 3" small forward that couldn't get out from underneath then player Mike Curry's binary shadow, or swaping Stackhouse for a young wiry thin unproven shooting guard whose local reporter claimed couldn't guard a pot of earl grey at a child's tea party.

Not to mention [strike]losing[/strike] trading Grant Hill for Ben Wallace (who?).

Or heaven forbid we ruin this team by signing that cancer Rasheed.

We may have called some of those shots, but aside from Joe I don't know if anyone called them all.

Have patience brother. It might look bleak, but that doesn't mean it won't work out.
  3. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Great point Walter.

I find myself getting caught up in this far too often, defending Joe's acquisition of a player he is likely to never get.

I'm working on that though. It's alot easier for everybody to come around on these guys once they put Pistons uniforms on. Heck, sometimes the worse they are (in the mind of the coach it is reasoned :)) the bigger following they receive.
  4. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Re: You're mad as hell and just can't take it anymore..

couldn't have said it better.... great post
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

sometimes the best move is the move not made.... Joe stated years ago his goal for the team was to put a team a team on the floor that would be able to challenge for the title year in and year out.... 6/7 years.... that counts... if we go another 2 years without being able to challenge for the title, then i'll truely be scared....

god think how pathetic it would be to root for the clippers....
  6. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Just wanted to say that I agree with all of lpgrl26's comments. Personally, its been a long time since I've felt this way about the Pistons. Everything appears to be up in the air as far as personnel and staff. I don't like feeling this way. Frankly, it scares me because it feels an awful lot like mediocrity is in our midst. My faith in Joe Dumars is being tested. Big time!
  7. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    Lots is up in the air because Pistons cannot officially pursue FAs until July 1st. That's why all of this great unknown kind of hovers above.
  8. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

See i would be able to better understand that if he didn't hire Flip and then keep him and/or the same players when it obviously wasn't working (he wa privy to all the behind the back things that we only read about in the papers years/months later) so i'm not sure how he thought no move was the best move. People have said that the main goal was to keep the team competitive enough while saving as much money as possible which i at the time resisted b/c i truly believed in the talent of some of our bench players and thought the only piece that needed changing was the coach. . . but who knows, maybe it was; intentional or not.

I just don't get whhat we are doing right now besides trying to trade everyone on the team for capspace.
  9. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

Originally Posted by Darth Tater [​IMG]
    Joe Dumars is going to make the jaws of every GM in the league drop when he trades down our pick and drafts Capp Spayce. I don't know much about him. Some say he has great hands and some say he is turnover prone. Some say he plays Center but some say he is most valuable as a Guard. Some say he is European and other claim he played most of his ball in the United States. But I will tell you this. Capp Spayce will be the savior of the Pistons. Just watch. In Joe we trust. What an exciting day this will be when that announcement is made. Yessir. I can't wait.

Originally Posted by theWORM [​IMG]
    Joe Dumars is about to complete a blockbuster trade following his selection of Capp Spayce with the 15th pick in the 2009 NBA draft. An unpopular selection amongst Pistons Forum fans, the rights to Capp Spayce have been traded for the rights to Branew Rosta. Not much is known about Branew Rosta, although Hubie Brown has described him as a combination of multiple players and positions, and that he has temendous upside potential. The Pistons organisation will be counting on Branew Rosta to return them to the elite of the East in the coming seasons.
  10. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

The difference is that in years past we had a feeling of the type of player(s) we might be looking for to take the team to the next level. I feel like we are perpetually one news conference away from hearing the entire team has been gutted and replaced. No clear direction is visible in my opinion. The only thing that appears to be consistent lately is the excuses.
  11. G-man

G-man Starter

You guys are killing me. It seems pretty obvious to me that Dumars is after a pre-eminent big (Camby, Chandler) or a serious inside presence (Boozer). Maybe a 1 year with 1 on option on Odom. Or maybe Joe goes after a younger restricted free agent like David Lee from NY.

We know he wants to keep Dyess and we know Sheed is history if Dumars is serious about getting rid of drama. With Shaq in Cleveland maybe Z is suddenly a short term solution..maybe he surprises everyone but making an offer to Okur..

In any case, he needs a big "big".

Does he also look for another PG? Probably depends on what kind of offers he gets that are just too good to pass up. Seems to me all those PG's that just got drafted are going to create trade some movement with guys that are already rostered.

What we know we have are a decent 2, a good pg and up tempo pg, a quality 3 with some new 3/4 back-ups, a decent 4 back-up, a passable 5 (unless he bolts) another 4/5 (unless he bolts).

The obvious holes are in the 4/5 spots. Whats so doggone confusing?
  12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I'd be wary of re-signing Dyess considering that he and Sheed are so tight. You know how persuasive Sheed can be (look at where he led Billups!) and I'd hate to see these guys screw things up now that the Pistons have the back end of their bench settled.
  13. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Exactly. All people are doing right now is speculating what they think Joe will do, and if his past few moves have been any indication, no one knows WTH Joe is thinking.

Also i have to question when guys like Lee,Turkey, etc because big FA'a we should be after.

Are we a defensive team?

Are we an offensive team?

Who knows. Joe says defensive, then looks for offensive players. He says tough then drafts a player who's knock is that he's soft.

We are not set at PG (Stuckey's struggles have highlighted that). We have an SG and an SF that we are rumoured to be trading for capspace. We have no starting and no starting 5 unless KB/Max do it for you. We have so many holes, and so far the only thing we seem to clearly want is as much cap space as possible irregardless of a weak players avaliable and no shot a LBJ in 2010.

It's not exaxtly a clear path.
  14. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I agree, but watch your spelling Missy Miss. That's Capp Spayce.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

LOL sorry. You should get that copyrighted.
  16. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Thaaaaaaannk YOU SIR!
  17. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm here for Darth Tater. And for Lee.

....Okay Scoe, I like you too.....

Very well put.

Are you telling me that last year's experiment with Curry didn't convince you that Flip wasn't such a bad choice after all?

I got it! :pound:

That describes about 29 out of 30 teams in the league. [SIGN]Don't panic[/SIGN]
  18. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

[sign]I'm totally freaking out......[/sign]
  19. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

You really know how to hurt a guy...don't you? :pound:
  20. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

You should highlight the space underneath that statement with your mouse.

It's touching....and beautiful. :)

I almost wanted to cry. :crying: