Amir will start at PF

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by lpgrl26, Oct 4, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Sup.
    :gun1::king:

I actually think Bron is OK, but he's going to ditch Cleveland for the money, there is no question.
  2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

:pound:
  3. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

He'll be throwing lob passes to Josh Childress.
  4. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

Its determined by paid in attendance. I am assuming that there are alot of season ticket holders who dont go to alot of games. Means basically the same to the owner and frontoffice from a financial standpoint.
  5. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Man, i still think that we're not giving the brawl enough credit. the PR people could have gotten scared, and therefore the crowd has been sterilized to prevent anything like that from happening again. Some of that can be attributed to those guys who buy the tickets just to keep he sellout streak alive.

or maybe the crowd was just taking on the personality of its coach.
  6. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

Why shouldn't he? I mean Jordan got paid 30 million dollars one year I think.

But LeBron must be frustrated. Cavs GM can't build around the guy except trade for OVERPAID pieces to make LeBron happy. Mo Williams and Wally comes to mind. Heck, Big Ben can go in that list too. 15 mil for a bench guy....NICE!

:toilet:
  7. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

i think jordon had won 6 titles when that contract was signed..... and was a huge ballon like payment for what he had done for the team/town/league/mankind... ok i got carried away there....
  8. coynejeremy

coynejeremy All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

:pound::pound::pound:
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

10. max

max All-Star

I go to a lot of games and there were a lot of empty seats last year when we played the less exciting teams. There is a rumor that the Palace buys its own tickets to keep the sellout streak alive.

Nobody thinks about the brawl anymore. Only side effect I have noticed is they confiscate the cap from you pop if you buy a bottle. Pistons have lost some popularity over the past 3 years and they are in direct competition with the Red Wings for the fringe fans. In a tight economy these things are only magnified. The Red Wings local popularity has skyrocketted after their recent championship. You know these pre-season Piston games that are not being televised - its because they are showing the Wings games instead, at least that was the case last Sunday.
  11. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hollinger's player rating/ profile on Amir Johnson:

12. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

It sounds like I rip on Amir a lot but I'm actually in his corner. I like the part about him developing in to the next Marcus Camby! - That would be RAD!
  13. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If Amir is 7' then Sheed must be 7'3............
  14. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

Then we should have kept Nazr...he must be about 7'6.
  15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Flip Saunders, February 28, 2008:

"You have to give Amir credit for keeping on fighting. He didn't give up on things even though Maxie was playing well, getting lots of accolades. Amir just kept on fighting through things, and when he got an opportunity, he's taken advantage of it."

Um, that's actually good to hear. When Amir plays, good things happen -- keep giving this guy some burn!

Flip Saunders, two days later, following a loss in Utah in which Amir didn't play:

“But we made a mistake — we should have played him. We got in a situation where they were making such a run, and we thought at that point it was too late. First thing I said afterwards was, ‘We should have played Amir, and we didn’t.’"

Considering you just admitted how well Amir has played, yeah, giving him a DNP was a head-scratcher. But at least you realize your mistake, right?

Flip Saunders in the same article:

“We have people who are saying, ‘Start Amir.’ But they don’t know that Antonio McDyess has been one of the leading rebounders in minutes played in the NBA over the last month. You can’t always look at superficial things.”
    -
    From Free darko.com
  16. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I always found Flip to be illogical. His thoughts seemed scattered.
  17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Charlie V is listed at 6'11" and Amir is at least one if not two inches shorter than him. Either way he was definitely shorter than Villanueva.
  18. MrKent

MrKent First Round Draft Pick

Why's it so quiet around here ... ? :stirthepot:

Amir did everything I expected last night. He ran the floor well, made a few solid defensive plays, blew some defensive assignments ... pretty much what I expected.
  19. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

It's impossible to comment on the things off the stat sheet when you only hear it on the radio.

I'm really starting to appreciate my low-def TV.
  20. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Amir looked to me like a player that is trying to hard to make a play to solidify his position in the starting role. It is almost like he feels he needs to make every possible play which is putting him out of position and in a hurry. Almost like a puppy that has been staring out the window on the back door for months and finally gets let outside without a leash. He is running all over the place not sure what to do first.

I guess with his recent history he may feel that if he doesn't make a huge impact immediately he will be relegated back to the pine for another season. I think it is imperative for MC to reiterate to him that he needs to slow down and try not to be a "superstar" right away. He can excel with the first unit but he needs to play under more control.