An objective comparison of the current and '03/04 "cores"..

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, Jan 21, 2013.

1. copper

copper Bench Warmer

defenitely Blue, I think Moose' developement of a mid range jumper will be the difference between us being successful (offensively) with the twin tower system because if he can keep the defense honest Dre will abuse whoever is guarding him either rebounding off glass or lobs. Defensively is a different matter with Moose though. He wont be able to guard many opposing 4s and is too vertically challenged to bother 5s in the post. He will Need to take notes from a Young Bill Laimbeer as to how to position body and keep offensive player off balance while having no vertical leaping ability at all.
  2. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Monroe can hit free throws at an OK rate. Maybe he needs to stop jumping on his jump shots.
  3. copper

copper Bench Warmer

hes jumping?
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

He's not not jumping.
    The Panda likes this.
  5. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

Maybe just maybe Drummond is the reason that Monroe looks bad on offense when together... bear with me here

I'm guessing the Pistons have been working on Monroe's post moved more then his jump shooting up to this point, and they had no reason to think that Drummond was ready for the bright lights this soon. I think that Monroe with an off season to work on the jump shot will make a great improvement with it. They just didn't expect Monroe to need a jumpshot this year. He looks good on this FT's so I have no reason to fear he won't get a jumpshot respectable with time to improve it.

The biggest thing going for our core players is also there biggest weakness atm, with age comes experience and confidence... I like where the kids are right now, but they do need time... and probably need the an Alpha dog to lead them....
    basketbills likes this.
  6. copper

copper Bench Warmer

I can almost understand that round, but all we heard about Moose this offseason was how he was going to be the focal point of the offence and how he was going to run it from the high post. If that was the case? didnt anyone think " hey, if hes gonna be in the high post? shouldnt he have a reliable shot from there"?
  7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Agreed. Frank is the new Carlisle IMO.
  8. KGREG

KGREG All-Star

Yeah round, all in the off season everybody talked about how Monroe was working on moving back to his "natural" PF spot this year, even though I've NEVER seen him play PF.