..and the Rockets Red Glare

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by LA Dre, Mar 11, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I guess I didn't know who to root for in this game until I watched it. My ultimate realization is that I didn't care who won, but I wanted it to be devestating.

Boston just planted a huge seed of doubt in Houston's collective consciousness. That was one of the most embarrassing games of the year. Houston has a 22 game winning streak, they are at home, and they are playing the Leastern Conferences leader with Ray Allen out. And they got thwapped.

They didn't get out-shot, they got out-muscled. That is much tougher to get over and isn't the type of thing that will magically go away when you face them next time. The Celtics would have surely held the Rockets in the 60's if they wouldn't have pulled KG out due to pity.

I'm just a little jealous that it wasn't us laying down the defensive gospel on National TV.
  2. ahb

ahb Bench Warmer

Good riddance.

And to their fat-assed supporters as well.
  3. Dumars4Ever

Dumars4Ever Bench Warmer

The Rockets' crash back to earth against the Celtics continued last night in New Orleans. They were tied going into the 4th quarter, but then the Hornets outscored them 31-10, and Bonzi dropped 20 on them just in that quarter! That's quite a meltdown. And it doesn't get much easier for their next two games: at Golden St. and at Phoenix.
  4. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Nice thud they made. Don't really care if they get it back together. But it was a fun run. And Ming isn't returning soon. Can they go .500 from here?