1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Andray Blatche. Interested?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by bricalz, Jan 16, 2012.

1. J-Train

J-Train Team Captain Forum Donor

I might do the deal if it involves moving CV. I'm not sure that Blatche really gives you that much more than CV, but he does give this team a better fit. I'm not that worried about somebody taking minutes from the 2012 pick. That guy will get some minutes no matter what. I'm also not worried about JJ's minutes. He looks like a 20 minute per game guy at either forward spot, depending on match ups. I don't see him any better at one forward spot than the other, although ideally, he would play more at the 3 than the 4. JJ's an "energy" 3, and a "stretch" 4. He's a 18-20 minute guy on a really good team.

I wouldn't give up Daye right now for Blatch. Daye's problems right now stem from confidence, not talent. The future might not look great for Daye right now, and it's entirely possible that he's a bust, but you don't give up one of your three most talented players for a journeyman who might win you three regular season games, which I would think would be Blatche's upside.

2. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

3. webz

webz All-Star Snub Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

4. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

Flip wants out of that situation. The GM has put together a team full of knuckleheads.
    There is no player/leader over there. I expect Flip to be gone from there.........probably before seasons end.

5. J-Train

Me too. He'd be perfect next to Monroe. I'd probably give up anybody but Knight and Monroe for him.

6. S.J.

S.J. All-Star Forum Donor

I would give anything except Knight, 1st rounders, Monroe and Jerebko for McGee..

Do we have a chance there?

7. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

McGee would be a great fit here. Imagine Ben mentoring him.

S.J. likes this.
  8. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

Blatche might be a knucklehead but he's not a total knucklehead. I read that he of all people was the one who took it upon himself to organize team workouts during the lockout. Flip seems to create a breeding ground for players to come in and mess up his desk so...

9. J-Train

No. Teams don't give up young seven footers, who give them double-doubles and two or three blocks, for trash. I would give up anyone but Knight and Monroe. I would also give them next years first round pick (top six protected), but that wouldn't be enough to get him.

There really aren't any quick fixes for this team. Collectively, they're really bad at playing basketball.