Andrew Bogut - Just normal people

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by roscoe36, Jun 18, 2007.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Link courtesy of TrueHoop.

The bling and I - Basketball - Sport - smh.com.au

You gotta love how international players (ie. Darko, Delfino) are more comfortable speaking with their home media. Makes for the kind of fascinating insight you will never read in the domestic news market.

2. webz

webz All-Star Administrator 2x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Yeah, I'm still not really sure how to take Bogut. Sometimes I just think he is an ass. He called out Luc Longley once before he was drafted, saying he was rubbish. And some of his comments haven't seemed entirely thought out or intelligent.
    We're still going to love him because he is one of us, and despite the tall poppy symdrome in Australia, we do love a winner, but sometimes what he says just doesn't ring true for the majority of Aussies.
    Yes, the world at times does think of America in that light - "we think we're the best", but for me its never one of disrespect. Completely the opposite. You always want to prove yourself against the best and beat the best, so hopefully this is what Bogut is trying to elude to.
    He is not one of my favourite Australians on the international scene (sport or otherwise), but I do think he is good player with a strong work-ethic and as long as he does us proud on the court I couldn't really care what he does off it.