Andrew Bynum/Sam Dalembert/Stoudemire

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 1, 2009.

1. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

Okay, there seems to be stuff leaking all over the place about these three centers.

It comes down to which one Joe D can steal and Joe has been able to get the unexpected done when we least expect it.

#1 Andrew Bynum and Phil Jackson are not in love with each other. We will have to see how this all plays out, but Bynum is not one of Kobe's fav's either. Lakers win or lose, unless Bynum really goes in the finals with an ass kicking game or two, we may be out of luck. Phil likes Tayshaun, I read a few things about that a couple of years back.

#2. Samuel Dalembert is not a happy camper especially after an attempt during the season to trade the big fella didn't materialize. Can he offer us that presence in the paint that we need? Would him and Boozer become the front court presence that we need.

#3. Well same old, same old with Stoudemire, off again, on again. I have a feeling if someone comes up with a decent offer, he is history.

#4. The best of the rest: Zaza, not a bad pickup, young, can shoot a little and can clog the middle and run the floor

Leadership: Something that was SORELY MISSING this season, go and get Shane Battier Joe, do what you have to do to trade for this home grown talent.
  2. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

Would you trade Tay for Shane straight up?
  3. Delfino Delivers

Delfino Delivers Bench Warmer

How about this?

NBA Trade Machine - ESPN

Gives us a defensive minded player and someone to spread the floor now that Walter is moving on.
  4. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I like Bynum (even though you know who says "he sucks"). I dont like Zaza or Dally even though beggars can't be choosers. I'd just as soon stick with Kwame over them. I don't think he's been so bad.
  5. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

If they got Bynum then they'd have Bynum and Bynum.

They could trade for Stoudamire from Phoenix and then sign Damon and Salim Stoudamire.

Then they could also sign Robert and Stomile Swift who are both free agents.

I think looking for multiple guys with the same last name is the best way to put your roster together in these tough economic times.
  6. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

I'd take Mo, Curly, and Shemp Howard if Dwight came with them.:stooges:
  7. armygirl

:pound:

Two in a row Darth
    :pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:
  8. detteam

detteam All-Star

Bynum & Bynum sounds like a law firm.
  9. armygirl

Mo Definitely.
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I'm not sure why we would want someone Phil and Kobe don't like.

Dalembert is way overpaid in the current NBA, but he's a decent defensive center.

FP22 pointed out a couple years ago that Zasa may have lied about his age. He is possibly 2 or 3 years older than his NBA listed age. It is an area of controversy. He's a weaker defensive version of Jeff Foster with a slightly better offensive game. Not starter quality material on a playoff team.

You can't have new leadership until you retire the old generals. Tay and Rip for better or worse are the leaders, and this will not be Stuckey or anyone else's team until they have moved on. You know that leadership is earned, not given. ;) :D
  11. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

I've thought about that too...but I remember Dumars hanging on for a while with the Teal and providing some leadership. I think at least Tay could stay on and do that.
  12. roscoe36

I'm not sure Joe wants to be remembered for his leadership in the Teal years though.

Tay's problem is that he plays 36 minutes a night, wears down in the playoffs and hasn't really improved a whole lot the last 3 years.

He's not going to be more valuable later, and I am not sure he is a value at his current salary level.

I know TaS did a thing to look at Tayshaun's value, but we don't need guys who earn their salary, we need guys who exceed their salary, like Ben, Tay and Chauncey before they hit their paydays.

Once those guys get paid, it is very hard to add talent to the team. I really think we could get 80% of Tay's production for 1/2 the price.
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Hey, if we can find a player at the SF who is better than Tay and who exceeds his salary by a greater amount, then I'm all for it. Ideally, that player should be ultra durable, should increase in strength as the playoffs progress, should steadily be improving each year toward a lofty potential, should be able to stop Lebron James, and should be build like a tank.

The only guy I can think of who would possibly fit that description would be Ron Artest. Is there anyone else?
  14. roscoe36

An 80% player who plays for 50% of the price is a better value. It's a false proposition to insist we must have a better player for the same or more money.

A younger Bruce Bowen could be an upgrade on Tay at a much lower price because the performance to price ratio improved.

With a zero sum game under the luxury tax (Pistons paradigm) the production:salary ratio is more important than increasing production and salary in step.
  15. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

Trading for Battier is a good option. But I don't think we can get him for Tayshaun Prince, especially after Houston's recent success in the playoffs.

We need someone who not afraid to speak up to step with their leadership skills.
    Rasheed has a strong personality...It may not be as hard to establish a new leader next season with Rasheed more than likely gone..

On another point, Rasheed should consider the Oralndo Magic with as many threes as he attempted. He would probably make a great big man coach in the future.

Go PISTONS
  16. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

IMO, The ideal summer for our bigs would be:
    1) Okafor, Bosh
    2) Bynum, Bosh
    3) Kaman, Bosh (or Oak)
    4) Bogut, Oak
    5) Daly, Bosh
    6) Chandler, Bosh

Insert Amare in any of these combos if he's signed beyon 2010.
  17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I don't see that happening straight up, for the same reason we want it. Right now, Battier is the better player for the money. They both play SF. So, why trade? However, if somehow Houston is able to dump T-Mac, I can see them getting really interested in Rip. Rip can bring back more than Prince too. Battier plus Hayes for instance. Rip would be a much better fit than T-Mac for the current Rockets team. The fact that Yao likes to set screens also helps. :)
  18. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

I'd take #2 over #1. I don't like Okafor's D.

Also, the D on Dwight Howard would be reason alone to sign Dice or Sheed to a 1-2 year contract. Dice did an ok job on Howard in the game we beat Orlando without Sheed.
  19. armygirl

Howdy there my West Side Friend. I forgot to consider Kaman in my last post.

My top two centers that I would like to see is Bynum or Lamarcus Aldridge which is a long shot. My brother who lives in Portland told me that yesterday sportstalk out there were talking about trading Oden for a veteran or two. He said that some members of the organization seems to be giving up somewhat on Oden and his health is becoming an issue.
  20. armygirl

Hey Roscoe, my calling card is leadership and it wasn't ANY being exhibited on the Pistons team last year.

You need folks who are gonna get up in players mugs when they do good up and grit on them when they screw up. This factor was non-existent on the Pistons bench.

Tay and Rip both will go in my scenario that way it will become Battier and Stuckeys team.