Andrew Bynum/Sam Dalembert/Stoudemire

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by armygirl, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Smoooth

Smoooth First Round Draft Pick

I'd give up anyone on the team to get Amare, but I highly doubt he will end up in Detroit. I say we go for Bosh just because I'm a homer and he has the Piston DNA in him.
  2. mercury

mercury Bench Warmer

What's up my westside babysitter?
    That's interesting about Oden being an option... I can understand them being shy about another gimpy center... they prolly know something we don't... I wonder if he'll have a better career than Thabeet?

Back to Motown for a minute "Whenever you call me I'll be there... I'll be around"
    A lil Marvelletes?
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

YUP!

I will say, you don't only need people with are tough or supportive of others, you need people who lead by example. Steve Yzerman was the consummate Detroit leader, very quiet but he was a ferocious player, and his teammates, even the ones with attitude problems, couldn't help but buy in.

I think Ben was somewhat like that. He usually sparked the team with his play, not his mouth.
  4. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

No! Leadership is not (in most cases) transferable. Many takes and offerings at the professional level leak out into intangible relationships. Never to be put back again.
  5. pass99

It all depends on the perception and value of that position. Everyone battles for the 5 and 1 positions. Those dominate poles. In between is a flux field that figures out how to bring balance. You must have consistent talent at this position. It is not quantity, but quality. It sets up a permeable boundary that lets the starters and bench feel enough comfort that provides on one hand, a looseness of an acceptance of potential mistakes; while providing a structure of concurrence: place hard/smart and good things will happen. Time and circumstance happen to us all.

Give me a lever long enough and a fulcrum on which to place it, and I shall move the world.
    Archimedes

A different direction of balance into surreptitious leadership (not the media type) can break out from the most unusual personalities (again, not the media type) that confront, challenge and transform this dilemma:

"There comes a time in each life like a point of fulcrum. At that time you must accept yourself. It is not anymore what you will become. It is what you are and always will be.
    John Fowles
  6. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

I think his surgery last season was supposed to correct his wandering eye so we might be good.
  7. 2Tough4You

2Tough4You Bench Warmer

Bynum is soft and has one of the worst contracts in the NBA.
  8. theWORM

theWORM First Round Draft Pick

I am strongly in favor of Ernie's line of thought. We should sign guys who:

a) have the same last name
    b) that are undersized for their position, especially if they are a power forward
    c) have REALLY big hands
  9. theWORM

Agreed. We acquired someone Phil actually DOES like (namely Kwame "Tiny hands" Brown), and look what that has produced. Different expectations and contracts, but you know what I mean.

I've been high on him for a while, but he seems to dislike the notion of earning his minutes. Pair that attitude with his secure contract, and the way Dwight left him picking up his lingerie in their playoff match-up, and it makes me wonder whether he would present much of an upgrade over Kwame.

I am with 'Scoe on this. Extreme make over here we come.
  10. theWORM

Damn, Pass. I feel the need to go and study some Goethe before reading your posts.

One interpretation of what you said is that we need players with stronger fulcrums...

OK, maybe that's not what you are saying. If I may translate some of what you have said for the masses: This team is broken. We need an infusion of new talent and leadership. Joe was right to trade Billups for cap space, which he may use either now or in the near future, along with every other asset at his disposable, to achieve the stated goal.

PS. Sorry for the back-to-back-to-back posts. Time differences and all.
  11. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I am getting ready for a function at the junction, and I aint too proud to beg after the love has gone. Would you like to second that emotion?
  12. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Lee357 can say that in Korean. Can you? :bored:
  13. pass99

...or the recognition of pivots that provide balance. Think teeter-todder. The ups and down are natural occurrences. All relationships get decompression depths or nose bleeds as continuous patterns. The main point is what do you take away from it. I look for slight edges of understanding that force me to accept more. Go ahead and look at your significant other or a major friend: are you alike or at opposite ends of the main fulcrum?

The pistons over the last few years have been the opposite of any pivot balance. It has been all exclusionary. As long as the center was able to hold, there was enough talent momentum to satisfy a satisfactory movement that was a minor upswing. Of course, we know there was to come that downswing. But there was no historical push (bench) that would help bring participatory energy that fueled the needed bounce in order to continue motion.

Classic give and take.
  14. pass99

I just did. Oh, all right...I mixed in a little Mandarin.
  15. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

16. basketbills

basketbills All-Star Forum Donor

17. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

No, I'm making the case for trading for Dikembe Mutombo.
    :MusicBigGrin:
  18. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

How about this dude...
    [​IMG]
  19. Tha Locstah

Tha Locstah First Round Draft Pick 1x Fantasy Champion

That guy's WAY too short to play center!
  20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

What is it about small ball that you don't understand?

For every 2 points that midget gives up, his team gets back 3 on the other end (assuming he shoots 100% from deep).