Another Trade?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I actually think we had valuable pieces to trade. No way to guess why nothing went down. Probably Joe was higher on the players than the other teams were. We haven't done a lot of showcasing, so maybe that's part of it. We're not trading Stuckey and giving Amir hasn't increased his value much because he's not putting up stats, not getting many minutes, and the coach signals to the market that he isn't happy with him (vs. continuing to point out all his intangibles like he did at the start of the year).

But Sheed was a good chip. He's expiring and he's still playing at a decently high level, especially for a contender who needs a smart big man who plays D and can shoot. At this point, he's worthless to us, except for the actual expiration part.

AI could have been a good chip, but it would be disgraceful to dump him off to a non-contender. Also, we haven't made him look very good with him sacrificing in the scoring department and us still losing. Why would another team want to be the 3rd one in a row to fall for the same false hope that they'd be better with him? They would look stupid if it didn't work.

There are tons of teams out there who would want Rip and Tay, but they are still peaking, so it doesn't help us to trade reasonably priced guys in good health who are still in the prime of their careers.

Maxiell also seems like a good pickup for other teams, but his contract is too reasonable and it isn't high enough to be anything other than a secondary piece to a trade.

Herrmann, Kwame, and the rest are not overly attractive to the market.
  2. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Nah, I like sensationalist.
  3. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

4. BallDon'tLie

BallDon'tLie All-Star 3x Fantasy Champion

I admit it.
    I love watching Sheed. To me, he's probably the most entertaining personality in the NBA.

Sheed is no longer a premier free-agent. No longer a star (or potential star). No longer a player that can/could carry a team on his back.

But...

Sheed is the PERFECT complimetary big-man to have on a team. His defense and offensive range would be ideal to put next to a young big who CAN carry a team. If Rasheed Wallace will/would sign a scaled down MLE type deal, I say get him! I'm under the assumtion that Joe is going to go out and get a quality young big man to stick on our front line. Whoever that ends up being, Sheed would look pretty good playing next to him.

Joe CAN rebuild this thing. Sheed CAN be a part of the (near) future.

Rasheed is no longer a guy that is going to command 10 - 12 million a year to be his teams' best big man. But he most certainly can be a dude that will be worth every penny of a 4 - 6 million dollar short-term salary slot.
  5. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

I'd like to see it too, but...

Shed is not young anymore. What keeps him motivated? Money? He has more than enough. Competitivness?? Well, he has shown plenty of times how boring one NBA game can be for him...
    So I can only think of that only hope for another rings keeps Sheed alive. This motivates AI and Dice too.

Pistons won't win title before armaggedon so I think, all 3 will leave to teams where winning ring is more possible. :ohwell:
  6. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Joe?

Yeah, Joe here.

You got any good players to trade for?

Nope.

Me neither.
  7. BallDon'tLie

Maybe I'm just not seeing the world through teal colored glasses.

I gotta believe that with the subtraction of a couple current pieces along with the addition of a couple future pieces, our Pistons can be right back in there competing again.

I could see Sheed going to the Spurs.

I don't see Sheed going to the Celtics.
    I don't see Sheed going to the Lakers.
    I don't see Sheed going to the Cavs.
  8. hitafreethrow

hitafreethrow Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

[​IMG]

Steve...I dont think that we are going to be able to make the Amare thing work.

Why not Joe?

Well Debbie is on the other line, and she doesnt think he will look good in maroon.

You're right Joe, Maroon doesnt allow him to pick & pop as well.
  9. BallDon'tLie

Joe: Matt Dobek?

Matt: Yeah Joe, what can I do for you.

Joe: I got a great idea for a promotion for our next home game. It's one of those "turn back the clock" promotions where we roll-back ticket prices and concessions to 1991 rates.
  10. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Bill D.: Did you complete the trade for Stoudemire yet?
    Joe D.: No sir.
    Bill D.: Is Kerr not cooperating?
    Joe D.: That's not the issue, he and I have agreed to terms. Amare's agent says the requirement to set screens for Hamilton is a deal-breaker.
  11. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Lakers don't need him, yeah. But why exactly do you not see Sheed going to Celtics or Cavs? Is it that you don't want to see him going there, or is there another reason that I can't see. I think the Cavs especially would love to have him.
  12. BallDon'tLie

Sheed don't like no "NBA Darlings".
  13. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

That's a great av.
  14. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

[​IMG]

this is the way how 3way deals are worked out. Having one more ear for listening could make 4 way deals possible.
  15. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Joe like one-way deals best. Other GM's are watching out for him now.