Another Trade?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Dice had a trade kicker as well, and he was shipped out.

Don't forget that you only have to be within 125% plus 100,000, so 15% just means Kaman has to be close in salary to whomever he gets traded for.

RealGM: Trade Checker
  2. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

This would be a great trade. Too bad the Wiz aren`t dumb enough to do it. Butler would be a very good fit for this team.
  3. armygirl

armygirl Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I like this trade too Dlev, he just needs to stay healthy. Maybe they will throw in Javale McGhee as filler. I think Caron will be a better fit playing with Iverson than Rip IMHO.
  4. Stuckey.And1

Stuckey.And1 First Round Draft Pick

Whoever said Gerald Wallace is an average player is wrong.

Kaman would be a perfect addition to our squad. I think he's probably worth Rip -and- Amir. Quality big men are hard to come by and he certainly is one.

To me, Afflalo is a better fit alongside AI because of the way he can push the ball and defend. A lot of our offense is going to come from good D. With Afflalo thats an easier equation to complete than with Rip. Our halfcourt offense sucks right now, and bringing in Kaman would change that.
  5. ocellatus

ocellatus First Round Draft Pick

I agree 100%

[​IMG]
  6. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Has the Clippers expressed an interest in moving Kaman or is everyone just closing their eyes and clicking their heels together???
  7. SonicD 43

SonicD 43 First Round Draft Pick

There has been a lot of talk about Kamans availability. Supposedly the Clips are shopping him, at least thats what other GM's are saying, but when the Clips are asked about it they say there not. Its all smoke and mirrors.

Personally I believe they are shopping him. Especially now that they have Camby, and Z-Bo. Thats a loaded frontcourt and I don't see any of those guys wanting to ride the pine. If we can get Kaman for Rip and Amir or Rip and whatever, I am all for it, hopefully the Clips would be all for it too. Sheed would be a better player next to a real Center.
  8. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

There's no place like Detroit....There's no place like Detroit.....

Hey, we already dropped a house on the Wicked Twitch of the West.

It could work. :)
  9. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

If Kaman is available . . . think it's possible to get him for AI's expiring + Max/filler??
  10. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

There is no way Joe would trade AI.
  11. linwood

linwood All-Star

Good one!

:p
  12. discotom

discotom First Round Draft Pick

My money is on Kaman going to Chicago. They can trade Ben Gordon and any other high-quality role player for him (Nocioni likely). They need the big body and are willing to part with more to get it than we would be. Joe seems to want to make deals that are 'steals' (at least, on the first day they seem like steals), and Chicago is in the position to give up a lot.
  13. Stuckey.And1

Stuckey.And1 First Round Draft Pick

I don't think the Clippers are actively shopping Kaman but I'm sure they are listening to offers. Randolph would seem like a good match with Kaman because he can hit the midrange consistently, but I don't think the duo will last. Theres not enough touches to go around for both Randolph and Kaman, both being agressive attack first players. They need some help in the guard department and I

Gordon is an unrestricted free agent at the end of the season, if he plays decently he's going to warrant a good 7 or 8 million on the open market. Do the clips want to pay that for a fairly one dimensional guy? I'm not so sure especially with Eric Gordon in the wings who is similar, potentially even better, than Ben Gordon. They probably want Kirk Hinrich, but Del Negro reportedly likes the Rose-Hinrich duo so I doubt they can get him.

Heres my guesses on potential packages:
    Chicago: Ben Gordon, Tyrus Thomas, Thabo Sefolosha
    Charlotte: Jason Richardson
    Detroit: Richard Hamilton, Amir Johnson
  14. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

Not a fan of Chris Kaman, he is not good enough imo.Giving up RIP for him would be a steal for clippers...

Marcus Camby would be good option tho if we give up much much less then what we give up to Kaman. AI used to like playing with him in Denver, possibly his favorite player there. He is very good rebounder, defender + blocker.

ANyway, with dice back lets see how that develops. then think of a trade.. if needed.
  15. raxrets

raxrets Team Captain

All this trade Rip talk is extremely premature:

1. Rip is struggling - his value is not so high as it should be
    2. Dumars trades Rip ONLY when MC says "I tried everything but I can't get chemistry working between AI and Rip."
    3. This "I tried everything..." takes several months, so by trade deadline MC should have a picture, what he can get from Rip-AI "couple", what not.
  16. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

and you need to add

4. we are sure were resigning AI for a long term contract, remember chances are AI will be gone in 8 months... do we want to be down two proven scoring guards?
  17. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

It might be worth it. Scoring two guards are easier to come by than 7-footers who can shoot 50%+ from the field, 75%+ from the FT line, and manage to average 16 points, 12 boards, and 3 blocks per game.

I don't know about you, but I'd rather have a quality center and need a quality two guard than have a quality two guard but not have a good center to speak of.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Not sure you need to say much else. Still, maybe Joe can hoodwink somebody... "he's still grieving, just a little off his feed, is coming out of the tunnel", etc.

But, he's a ten year vet, and ten year vets don't learn new tricks. Rip's best years are behind him. AA could step in and replace everything Rip has brought since the trade and a lot more. And this team in the short term still has a glaring hole at the backup 3 spot, and long term all sorts of frontcourt holes. Small ball doesn't win 'ships.

This would be a better team short term with a strong swing man off the bench or long term with a strong big man. Rip is the piece that can best be moved, and who knows if his value won't continue to decline.
  19. round

round All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion

If you can get a real center that averages those numbers... yep i make that deal, but i don't see to many of those sitting out there on the trade market.
  20. Lee356

Lee356 All-Star

Before we trade Rip - the "tried everything" had better include using Rip on the 2nd unit.

If my memory is right, check me on this - but Ginobili is coming off the bench. SA did not decide to trade him because they did not want to start him? Or did I miss something.