1. Football Picks Survivor is done for 2014. Congrats to billlaimbeer from The Pistons Forum

Another Trade?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Ginobili has been putting up big #s off the bench. Last season was his best for scoring and 3PA/3PM per game.

2. CloudWalker

CloudWalker Bench Warmer

Chris Kaman last year.

NBA.com : Chris Kaman Career Stats Page

It was only 55 games, but I admit (as one of his pre-draft detractors) I was mightily impressed.

3. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Agree with all of this.

4. pass99

pass99 All-Star Forum Donor

Except you are not taking personalities into the situation. RIP will not be a bench player (physically or mentally) and this should settle the problem as a member of the Pistons.

If you think that the current creative mental gyrations coming out of him are settling down, then you have no clue on what awaits even a sniff from the bench seat.

Curry, as of now, has probably reached his limitations on how far he will be able to handle further internal disagreements.

5. Dlev59

Dlev59 Bench Warmer Moderator

Good point Pass.

This is the last thing Curry needs - internal strife and team dissention. Yes, it comes with the job as Head Coach, however, juggling rotations and becoming a respected motivator should be the priority without any distractions at the moment.

6. Krowe

Krowe First Round Draft Pick

Why would Joe D trade Rip, he just signed him to a three year extension and the Pistons are rollin right now

7. max

max All-Star

Yes with the way Maxiel and Amir have been playing we may not need another big afterall. Lets see how they do against some of the better teams. Getting Dyess back will help.

8. LA Dre

LA Dre All-Star 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Agree here... they did well vs Knicks and Bucs, but what about their performance vs the Wolves?? Will they continue this effort vs Portland and San Antonio or disappear again?? What roles will they have when Dice returns??

I still say Joe evaluates and if by mid January there is still an issue...lets look for one more consistent big to plug the lane...

9. max

max All-Star

I don't know. That seems to be the pattern - a few good games followed by a few bad ones. Lets see if they have turned to corner here.

I hope Amir continues to play when Dyess is back. Have to figure this could be both Sheed/Dyess last year so it would be nice to finally get a decision on if Amir will be part of the future or not.

10. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

In my opinion:

Kaman's Youth > Camby's producttion

But Camby's 2010 contract will be nice. :movingon:

11. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

With Millsap dropping 20-10 games pretty much everyday since Boozer has been hurt, perhaps Utah might be willing to trade....

Rip & Acker will get you Boozer straightup salary wise. Utah needs a scoring guard like nobody's business, and Millsap is their PF of the future.

12. Ernie the Slow Adult

Ernie the Slow Adult All-Star Forum Donor

Unfortunately it seems like Tay, Amir and Max are the Mason Dixon line of the NBA. Save for a game or 2, if they play well against you then you probably aren't a very good team. These guys all got physical limitations that hurt them against good teams.

13. AI IS GOD

AI IS GOD Second Round Draft Pick

bump

anyone thinks amir, kwame on the trading list??

What do we get for Amir, Kwame + 1st rounder??

14. Nemo

Nemo Fantasy-Football Snub Forum Donor

I think Joe wants to see Amir have success here. (my guess) [SARCASM]He'll just keep trying to find a coach who will play him enough.[/SARCASM] I wonder if LPGirl has any coaching experience...:)

15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I don't, but IMO i'd be damn good at it LOL. And yes i will play Amir! I will also enlist members of this forum to help on my staff; Lee can be the film and co X and O guy; Roscoe can be around when we need scathing "you have no heart" player speeches; explositivity when the players need a little positivity and love j/k, etc.

16. roscoe36

Oh geez, I can already see this going sideways.

Amir starting.
    All plays called for Amir.
    Amir sits next to NBA's first female head coach on bench...
    Candlelit dinner to discuss playbook....

I have to remember this is a PG-13 forum. lol

17. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I have been off the Amir bandwagon a couple of years now as far as him being a starting caliber PF or the savior of our frontline. I think that he is overated. He is a energy/ role player. That does not mean he can't improve. I think he can get there, but the problem is Amir keeps making the same mistakes that causes coaches to lose confidence in him and
    forget about him altogether in their line ups. I think the coaches should tell him what he is doing wrong and if they are not going to play him anyway let him stay in the games he does play and if he fouls out by half time he fouls out. Then you have a reason to not to play him because he has fouled out.
    I do think it is insane that he doesn't get to play at all in some games or the games he does play he only get 5 mins or so.

18. max

max All-Star

Amir is the invisible man. No one is talking about why he is not playing and no one cares. Its like he does not even exisit anymore.

How can one go from starter to bench to 3 DNP's in a row without any explanation?

19. roscoe36

Wasn't all of this terribly predictable though?

Low and I talked about how Amir got the starting nod over Max, and then when KB was put in the lineup, that seemed to be the correction. Let's not forget, KB is making a decent buck to not play. Combined these guys are $8+ million in salary being paid to sit and watch, after both having been anointed full time starters in such a short season.

I too have been off the Amir bandwagon for awhile. He just doesn't seem to have a lot of court sense, and his size hurts him. His athletic ability is godlike, but the rest of the package is lacking.

Kwame, well, drafting him was a huge mistake by Jordan. The guy is a very bad player for his opportunities, size and pay cheque.

20. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

:pound:Unfortunately, Amir is not my type, and too young for me. But the first three sound good!