Another Trade?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by max, Nov 15, 2008.

1. anakin

anakin First Round Draft Pick

Any way to get Boozer, now that Millsap is starting for him and doing a decent job?
  2. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

Doubt it. Isn't he really tight with Deron Williams?
  3. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

LOL. Yeah, the Jazz wouldn't want a Grieving Deron Williams on their hands....
  4. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Millsap may be getting numbers, but Utah sure ain't winning without Booz.
  5. max

max All-Star

You are missing the point. Pistons have enjoyed playing in a weaker division. Did you follow the NBA during the 90's? Pistons won 54 games in 1996 and it only got them the 4th seed.
  6. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

But how have they enjoyed it when there record is better against that West than their own division ? The West runs up win totals against each other b/c half the teams can't spell defense not b/c they're all contenders. The Pistons win total would be just as high if not higher IMO.
    Nor would we want a Grieving Carlos Boozer . . . I think D-Will and him are set on becoming the next Stockton/Malone together; they've got that CB/Rip esque bond :hug:
  7. max

max All-Star

I am not talking about transplanting the Pistons out west. It was a question of the Pistons enjoying a weak division thoughout their run. Those days of winning 50-55 games and getting marshmellow teams in the 1st and 2nd rounds is over. During the Pistons run they only had to worry about 1 other team for the most part.
  8. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

9. Winless Wonders

Winless Wonders Starter Forum Donor

I lost a little respect for Dirk when he said he didn't think his team could beat Golden State. Even if he thought that he should have never said it out loud. It lead to the destruction of Dallas and Avery Johnson.
  10. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Amare gets less rebounds than Dirk? That is very surprising. There's no reason why that should be the case.
  11. NYPistonFan729

NYPistonFan729 Bench Warmer Forum Donor

I lost respect for dirk when he let david west smacked him in the face and did not respond. What a wimp!! That was painful to watch.
  12. pass99

pass99 Team Captain Forum Donor

When the Songbird begins to sing, you want those extra options.
    Extra options in the playing box
  13. pass99

Nah...Amare (career)=9; Dirk (career)=8.6.

Dirk (who scored 46 the other night, which is good for most in a month's work) has such a wonderful offensive game. At 7-0 (249), he is so smooth facing or with his back to the basket. That famous step back and a pretty jumper.

Amare (6-10, 245) likes to face the basket and depends on his quickness to find other space options. He quicker and a better jumper than Dirk. He also 4 years younger and feels more comfortable when a team depends on him. He's a natural for the Pistons.
  14. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

I just meant this year as Amare is at 8.6 and Dirk's at 9.2.

But upon further reflection, I think that Shaq may have something to do with this. The old sharing rebounds situation.
  15. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

I agree they are over, but it's b/c the Pistons are no longer good. However, they would have gotten the same marshmellow teams in the 1st and 2nd round out West as well; DEN, GS, NOH, etc ;those teams don't exactly inspire fear.
  16. pass99

The tangled wings of Shaq are huge. It is of no small measure that Shaq was Amare's idol. Amare's older brother was 6-10 and was called "Baby Shaq." Both, born in Florida: they carried the suggestions of possible futures.

Troubled family dilemmas erected tall barriers.

...we might take occasion to pause and review possible flaws in our own sentient condition. Smugness, now as then, is ever the enemy of survival (The Tangled Wing: Biological Constraints on the Human Spirit, Melvin Konner, pg. 469)

To make the point in as offensive a form as possible, there are grounds for holding that the attractive young upper middle class mother, driving a station wagon (now days often decorated with a peace sticker) full of happy sunburned children, represents a major threat to the prospect of humane civilization, even one defined according to the purely negative criterion of reducing misery.

----Barrington Moore, Jr., Reflections on the Causes of Human Misery, and Upon Certain Proposals to Eliminate Them
  17. tosher

tosher Second Round Draft Pick

I'd love it if Joe did something bolder then he already has done. I think I'm plus/minus on the whole Chauncey thing. It would have held back Stuckey in the long run a bit but he underestimated how much Chauncey has in the tank and his leadership. I would have much rather he got rid of Hamilton, who's great, but he's unidimensional - only offense. He can get outplayed by a lot of guys. I would have preferred he tried to get younger there with an expiring contract or something - maybe he could've gone after Mayo and change or something in the offseason? Something bold.
    Now, we have to decide if we're rebuilding fully or not. Looks like until this year's over we're giving it a shot unless we keep playing like $#@@. So, I'd see if we can trade some of our young bigs and get Brad Miller - who's contract expires 2010, to start at center.
    Bring Hamilton off the bench or trade him for a younger player and change...
    If we sink at all, I'd try to move Hamilton/Sheed for Nowitzki or possibly Amare. Although it looks silly that the Suns would trade him, it's pretty dysfunctional in Phoenix and I think for THIS year, they'd be better with Sheed than Amare, especially if he throws a tantrum and lets it be known he wants out. We could capitalize. They don't need Hamilton, but perhaps in a 3 way deal sort of way... That would take care of a lot of our posturing for 2010 and we can just go out and compete and get on with the rebuilding program.
    Joe isn't completely crazy or anything, but he doesn't get an A from me. Starting Amir at the start of the season was never a recipe for a championship.
  18. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I'm not sure it's that far-fetched. Utah could sure use a scoring guard and Milsap has averaged a double double since Boozer went down.
  19. Latinoking90

Latinoking90 Bench Warmer

No keep Amir. He has better potential then Max. Trade Max!
  20. explosivity

explosivity First Round Draft Pick

I dont know, I hate to speculate on things that are never ever never going to happen. Its like saying that if pigs fall out of the sky they will abslolutely be pink pigs. Ridiculous if you ask me.