Antione Walker, and the Heat

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by himat, Sep 14, 2005.

1. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Go to espn.com, and look for the article same old tione (should be very easy to find just go to their NBA section). I'm not an espn insider so I can't read the whole interview, but if you read the tiny bit it tells you then you will see why I want to read it so badly. If any one is an espn insider tell us some of the things he says.
  2. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

I'll check it out

On it right now.
  3. MotownPride

MotownPride Starter 2x Fantasy Champion

Here ya go!

Re-Heat

by Chris Broussard

I hate to keep writing about the Miami Heat. Believe me. But after speaking with Antoine Walker this week, I have to address the crew on South Beach one more time.

I bumped into Walker at an adidas promotional gathering in Las Vegas and asked him how good the Heat will be.
    "Sky's the limit for us,'' he said. "With three or four new guys, the biggest thing for us will be team chemistry. They had good chemistry last year, so we're going to focus on jelling right away alongside Shaq and Dwyane Wade.''
    Walker shot down the notion that he would not accept a secondary role to Shaq and Wade.
    "We all have to understand that Shaq is the first option and Dwyane is the second option,'' Walker said. "Hopefully, I'll be in there somewhere as a third option. To be honest, I'm willing to do whatever it takes to make the team successful.''
    Walker said he did not know whether he would start at the four or the three, or even come off the bench.
    "I don't have a clue,'' he said. "I've never come off the bench in my career, so I'm not even looking at that as a possible option. I haven't played the three in a while, but I could definitely go back there. Hopefully, my versatility will make a difference. They said they're going to allow me to use my versatility. This could be the most fun I've had as a pro because I've never come into a season on a team that's a title contender.''
    I asked Walker if he would be open to coming off the bench.
    "It depends on what my role was going to be,'' he said. "I want to be in the game when it's difference-making time. That's the situation I've always been in and that's the situation I want to be in. We'll have to wait until we get into camp. We'll see.''
    I wrote previously that Walker should come off the bench, play 30-something minutes a game, and be on the floor during crunch time. But I'm going to amend that: Walker should start.
    Front line: Shaq, Walker, James Posey. Backcourt: Wade and Jason Williams. Destination: NBA Finals, losers in seven to San Antonio.
  4. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

Miami

The unfortunate thing is that when Miami fizzles out in the playoffs, none of these predictors will have any consequences. If I were them, I'd bet a lot of money on the Heat to win the East.

They'll predict the Heat, but secretly bet on the Pistons.
  5. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Here we go again people writing us off again even before the season starts. Here is my perdiction San Antonio losers in seven to Detroit
  6. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

Guys, let's keep threads about other teams in the right forums (Eastern Conference / Western Conference) and please don't post insider articles. I don't need an email from ESPN's legal department.
  7. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Sorry about that.
  8. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

No problem. Innocent mistake.