Antonio Davis goes into the stands

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Abe Froemen, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

Yeah, I keep wondering how come he doesn't press A&B charges on her. He can hang that over her head to get them to agree to an out of court settlement on the defamation charges.

2. max

max All-Star

We will see what happends. Nice diverson from Darko and Arroyo talk

3. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Hmmm... she isn't your ex-wife by any chance is she Micro??? An Ex Mrs. Kendra Microwave perhaps?

You sound a little bitter is all.
    :laugh:

4. barbara SanAntone

barbara SanAntone First Round Draft Pick

My first thought was why would she park herself in the middle of the Bulls fans in the first place? Is this her pattern, to sit in the enemy territory? If it is, and given her history of provoking others, it looks like it's a trainwreck waiting to happen. Maybe that's why AD looked in the stands to see if she was behaving.:doh:

5. max

max All-Star

Kendra's side

Kendra Davis said in an interview with WSCR-AM in Chicago on Friday, "I was just trying to tell the guy to chill out."
    Antonio Davis questioned the need for the lawsuit, pointing out that he never mentioned any fan by name. He said the incident started because the fan sitting behind his wife was using offensive language around their son, and she asked him to stop.
    Michael Axelrod said Kendra Davis placed her hands on his face, and he motioned for security. But Kendra Davis said Axelrod wasn't threatened.
    "I never said that Michael Axelrod touched me, so why he came up with this whole story about me scratching him ..." she said in the radio interview.
    Asked if she felt threatened, she responded, "The second guy, absolutely I did."
    "When I was talking to Axelrod, he called me a condescending name, followed by an explicit word," Kendra Davis said. "I said, 'How dare you talk to me like that.'"
    Kendra Davis said she "probably should have" called for security, but, "I think I taught my kids that you stand up for yourself."

http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060121/SPORTS0102/601210382/1127

6. max

max All-Star

I think one of the keys here is Anotinio played for the Bulls last season and the trade that sent him to NY decemated the upstart Bulls frontline. So the fan in question was probably yelling something about Antonio during the game. Not loud enough for Security to hear but just loud enough for Kendra who was sitting around him to hear.

Instead of alerting security to ask the fan to stop using profanity she confronted him directly and it looks like a second fan got involved. Temperes flared and who knows what really happened.

Bottom line. If she would have just alerted the nearest Usher or Security to handle it ( as thats what they are paid for ) this would never have happened. NBA has been cracking down on fans using profanity so if Axlelrod was and refused to stop then he would have been asked to leave.

7. Abe Froemen

Abe Froemen First Round Draft Pick

Its not like his son is a 5 year old. His son looks like he is at least 6 feat tall and could have handled the problem himself. As for using foul language that is about the weakest excuse to get in somebodys face. I could understand racial slurs but just plain profnity:doh: :pound:? :censored: that stupid :censored: who the :censored: does she think she is the :censored: fcc

Kendra... "Please dont swear in front of my child"
    Axlerod...":censored: turn around and shut the :censored: up"
    Kendra... "Mother :censored: I will Kill you"

What I thought was great was the whole palace yelling bull crap after a blown call during the finals last year, and ABC tried to edit it. That was funny

8. max

max All-Star

Abe - It does look like both parties are to blame and they should just drop the whole thing and move on. Davis gets 5 games. He is the real injured party here.

If there are any further instances of Kendra trying to Police the crowd herself then she should be banned from attending road games. Like it or not she as the wife of an NBA player is expected to set an example and follow the proper channels by contacting arena staff in cases like this.