Antonio McDyess a Spur?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by Fuster, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Fuster

Fuster Second Round Draft Pick

2. himat

himat Bench Warmer

Well he wants to win a championship. If the Pistons lose guys like Chauncey or if no moves are made to make this team better...Dice might leave. Heck if Flip isn't gone next season Dice might leave as well.

3. The Palace Artest

The Palace Artest First Round Draft Pick

Can we blame him? He wants to win, and winning under Flip is unreasonable.

4. lpgrl26

lpgrl26 Bench Warmer

fixed it for ya

5. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

They can have him.

6. st8ofmind

st8ofmind Bench Warmer

Harsh.

7. roscoe36

roscoe36 All-Star Administrator

I don't think his mood swings and confidence issues have helped him realize his potential. I'm also tired of how he takes chippy playoff fouls during the regular season.

8. dba

dba All-Star Moderator 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

Dice has always been foul prone, and would have picked up five a game if he were playing 36 minutes this past season. And he's always turned the ball over too often for his position and minutes.

Still, I'm partial to big guys from Alabama and would hate to see him leave. Question is whether he would contribute more than Horry (if Horry comes back). If Horry comes back and can contribute, seems like the Spurs have much bigger gaps in the backcourt to fill.

9. ggazoo69

ggazoo69 Team Captain Forum Donor

Yeah, kinda like the Pistons. I'll take the gaps the Spurs have and be up 2-0 in the Finals any day.

10. Warthog

Warthog Bench Warmer

i was going to write something to this effect. i'd rather let dice go and let AJ/Max take his minutes. Both are fearless and not afraid to take shots, whereas Dice's confidence is very fragile. sure he contributed a lot of hustle and rebounding in the playoffs, but we needed his offense and it just wasn't there. we can't go on every year hoping he's hot at playoff time.

i love dice to death, his heart and hustle gives him the spirit of a piston, but i wouldn't mind seeing him go. AJ and Max can give us everything he does if given the playing time.

11. Darth Tater

Darth Tater All-Star Forum Donor 6x Fantasy Champion

They can have anyone off of our roster excluding Jmax and AJ. This team is boring. It was nice winning 50 plus games during the regular season but they lacked something very important.

I'm not just saying this,:stirthepot: but I'd rather go through rebuilding mode and lose a lot of games while knowing we actually had a goal. I think it would be really exciting. This year, I just didn't care much. Sorry.

12. mikhail1973

mikhail1973 All-Star Administrator 1x Fantasy Champion

Kiev - Farmington Hills, MI - Santa Clara, CA
    The goal is to win a championship. LOL
    I think Dyess is still good of the bench for 15-20 minutes. We may actually need him, especially if DD leaves and Web retires. And if Joe can't get another big man I'd rather have Dyess than Nazr on the bench.

13. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

I agree. Webber and DD are gone and Nazr doesn't get any PT. There should be plenty of room for AJ and J-Max to get minutes even with Dice still around.

The problem isn't having enough minutes to give to the young players with this team, the problem is actually GIVING the young players the minutes.

With this coach, I don't think it would matter if everyone BUT AJ and J-Max left. That would just mean that the starters would play the entire game.

14. mikhail1973

:cheerlie-GOAL:

15. TheeTFD

TheeTFD All-Star

Dyess is part of the ageing problem...
    but keep him.
    I hate to say this but he's a Flip guy.
    He's money off the bench.

16. jammertime

jammertime Starter 1x Fantasy Champion Forum Donor

There's nothing wrong with having aging vets - especially when they're as hungry for a ring as Dice is. They provide reliability, leadership, and experience for the young guys.

The problem is when you ONLY play your aging vets and completely ignore your youth.

Playing guys like J-Max helps by giving your older guys a breather, provides youthful energy and they actually develop their game. Now why the heck would we want that?

17. Fuster

Fuster Second Round Draft Pick

Rick Adelman left Gerald Wallace on the bench to lanquish while he played the older players. It was a shame and a waste of tallent. When Wallace did come in and do one of his sky jams, the crowd went wild. Now he is a star as a starter for another team. I think you have to get the young players in the game regularly and make them a part of winning games. They are the ones with the energy, enthusiasm and optimism. That is what wins tough games.

18. mikhail1973

And that is why we are so down on Flip. The young guys with energy spent way too much time on the bench.

19. max

max All-Star

I know what mean. Not that I did not care. I also found myself not able to get too excited for most of the reg season. Then the playoffs started and I felt like a fan reborn until they let the Bulls back into the 2nd round.

Same old same old. No pride about wanting to blow out the bad teams, team just did not seem to care at times. If the players do not care then its that much harder for the fans.

On Dyess. We will miss his defense but if it opens something up for Amir Johnson then I would say its a good move to deal him. Bring Dyess back and he is just going to be soaking all the mins and providing no paint points.

We would be missing a pretty good offensive rebounder and defender though. Perhaps its time to hand things over to the young guys and see what they can do.

20. TaS

TaS All-Star Forum Donor

We don't want to help the Spurs. If you give them another good player, then it makes a title for us that much more unlikely.