any interest in dirk nowitzki?

Discussion in 'Pistons and NBA' started by blueadams, May 3, 2009.

1. blueadams

blueadams Banned - Sent to NBDL

he's going to be a free agent after next season...30 years old...but his game is not at all dependent on athleticism. 4th in the nba in points per game this season (behind wade, lebron and kobe). He's not the answer to our rebounding or defensive problems, but he very well could be the answer to our scoring problems. Mark Cuban seems to be treating him right, but he's got to realize that Dallas is in decline, right? Isn't he what we hoped Darko would become?
  2. roman

roman Second Round Draft Pick

He will stay in dallas. He also once said he would lower his wages to put better team around him and win a title with dallas.

I would say hornets is the best team pistons can deal with right now. They are in economic troubles, they are looking to blew the team up and build around paul.

david west is probable
  3. CarlosGallan

CarlosGallan First Round Draft Pick

In 2010 finish two great bigs in Houston,Yao and other very cheaper and competitive player,one winner called Luis Scola,one adittion without glamour of yao or dirk but very efective player in houston playing starter or playing from the bench,argentinian world champion.
    Luis were the better player in acb until he left playing in the picture,or playing euroleague,one kind of player with experience behind the circus of wade,lebron or bosh...like Okur in 2004.
    NBA.com : Luis Scola Info Page
  4. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Scola would be a great backup plan [strike]if[/strike]when we can't land Bosh/Amare/Boozer.

Actually I'd take him over Boozer.

Hell no to Dirk. He's a loser and he'll be in full decline in 2 years. And, the way he wipes the sweat off his eyebrows with his deinty fingers before each FT really gets on my nerves.
  5. blackhawk

blackhawk First Round Draft Pick

I can only make one thing out of Joe D.'s logic following our divorce with Billups! He does not like older players with big contracts.

:stirthepot:
  6. Walter

Walter All-Star Forum Donor

Yep. Joe either waits until the player is so old that he doesn't have a big contract, or... Oh wait, that's it.
    :stirthepot: